Nightmares

Horrible things aren't they? I've just woken up! Early in bed I know! Mines tend to be pretty crazy and make zero sense! some imagination!

What was the last dream or nightmare you had?

i dont so much dream, i wake up with a random thought. this morning i woke up wondering if it was possable to play football underwater ?!

God only knows what lead me to be thinking of that!!

The last time i had a nightmare i had heat stroke and was hallucinating all day, i was in a forest and all the trees were trying to attack me and stuff, woke up with a cold sweat was horrable!

I hope your not scared to go back to sleep :)

i can't remember my last dream but i used to have a recurring one about hiding from a giant in the street i grew up on! can i ask what your dream was about?

It's amazing our imagination isn't it? Haha I was a wee bit figured out Id sit up for a wee hour to get over it lol that sounds pretty vivid and scary! Emmm It seemed to last for hours the dream! Lots of random bits! Some nutter was trying to stab me with a knife tho and chucking my possessions out a window into the ocean which is weird as I don't live near sea haha my mother was trying to stop him and shouting at him then he went for me and I got the knife! Seen the police coming and woke up in a sweat and heart racing!

Aww thanks! I feel like I need one! What was it that you think was cursed?

you said wee!!!!! does this mean your a fellow Scot?!!!?!?!?! (excited face)

Haha yes I'm Scottish! I love how you noticed that! Haha

Well who else says wee? :D

Aww hope you're ok now laurarebecca :)

Haha I dunno! I say it quite a lot tho :/

haha yh i say it ALL the time :D its even my nickname WeeSteve

Im off to bed :D i hope you get back to sleep and enjoy your day tomorrow (even if it is Monday) x

I had a very odd dream over the weekend where there was a man living in my ceiling filming me. He had an entire photography and filming studio in my roof. Very odd. And very vivid!! Though apparently in "dream world" I'm totally fine with this sort of behaviour and I didn't call the Police. In fact, I think I befriended him. So strange!!

I did spend the first hour or so of Sunday morning suspiciously keeping an eye on my ceiling though waiting for some man to drop though lol

always the same basic dream.........I dont see a car/lorry at a junction and get wiped out.......I am becoming a very very careful driver lol

@gunther
Even in your lovely new car?
Sorry taking the thread off topic I know

I say wee all the time if I need to go.. lol.

But seriously, I have 'fall' dreams - it's like the feeling you get in your belly on a rollercoaster or the like. Not sure if they are nightmares but make me a little uncomfortable still. They are regular and ALWAYS involves a ferry capsizing - a lot faster than it would in real life, just basically swinging over (hence the fall effect).

I went on a lot of ferries when younger, and have no fear of them, neither then or now. Was always a bit sceptcal about the 'subconcious', but honestly, it's the only way I can explain it.

Interesting thread.

I had a strange but nice dream afew nights ago!

I was in a field with a lady sat on the ground and nice sunny and clear skies and a nice light breeze before we held hands and then we both shot are selves under the chin and temple with a small handgun and a short barrelled shotgun after eating cyanide and holding hands!

This dream is going down as a classic! I quite like it! I wish I had more dreams like this!

dreams have hidden meanings too!! being in a lovely green field is peaceful and freedom! a women in the dream can mean many things. but it could mean happness or guilt! but suicide could mind depression or unhappy to risking or guity behavior!

I had the worst dream of having a ghost chasing me! in a dark corridor! even a handgun can't kill ghosts in dreams! I was running flat out and I can heard the ghost behind me getting closer and see a silvery blue gate just got in the gate before the ghost screamed very loud and pushed me flat to my face!! before I woke up in bed shiiting myself!

I believe a ghost is from the past of trouble or failure!! and firing a gun into the ghost meaning anger and hate but it didn't kill the ghost! so my anger didn't solve it! the chasing meaning its going to catch up with me! but the gate is safty but just making it into it means I lucky to live another day...

As they say I don't matter how fast you enemy moves, it will catch up with you in the end....

I've had many suicide and mass shooting dreams! I love them! I sleep through them too!!

Plain Jane wrote:

@gunther
Even in your lovely new car?
Sorry taking the thread off topic I know

yup, whatever car I happen to be driving, a couple of times as I woke up Ive been absolutely convinced I was in intensive care in hospital. I think it is my miss spent youth coming back to haunt me, I had a lot of spectacular accidents when I was young, some I had no right to survive to be honest. Its not just not seeing something either but any kind of driving error and I usually have my mother/wife/daughter in the car.

I can't remember the last dream/nightmare I had but my daughter who's 3 used to have them every night

Bad experiences in hospital were the cause of her nightmares :/

I have several different but recurring themes to my nightmares but the most common involve being in a building I have not worked in for nearly 20 years.

I dream the lifts have no floors in them and there are great gaps in the stairways that make getting from floor to floor really hair-raising (sometime I wake up with a huge start when I fall down the lift-shaft or the stair-well). In the dreams I'm frantically trying (and failing) to sort out problems that were current when I worked there. I'm aware that there has been a huge passage of time without remembering that I resigned and left the place so the problems are no longer mine anyway. In the dream I'm thinking that someone is going to get really annoyed that the problems still have not been sorted after such a long time.

Oddly, none of the characters in the dream are people who actually worked there.

I always used to reckon working there was a nightmare and, for me, I suppose it always will be. 8-)=

I have dreams just like that about work I used to be in years ago! And also, dreams about University essay deadlines - which you have no chance of making!

Wake up sweaty, but when you realize that was 10 years ago it's always a massive relief, and you can go back to sleep safe.