Nipple Piercings How Painful Are They?

Hi Lovelies,

So I’ve been thinking of getting my nipple pierced and I wondered if anyone who’s had it done can share their experience of it with me please?

From the actual piercing being performed to the healing process…

I have a pretty high pain threshold, had lots of other piercings in the past just not in such a sensitive area.

I have a number of large tattoos which were full day sessions, 6 hours each time, so I’m not one to wimp out on things.

Thank you xx

@Ian_Chimp Is it Ok to flag my own post to earn my Flagging badge? Xx

1 Like

There was a great diary thread on this a little while back: :+1:

(it starts with labia piercings, but nipples are mentioned further down :+1:)

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Ian_Chimp, I’ll take a look! X

I love a good diary thread. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s great to hear what they’re thinking/feeling at each stage, and how that develops over time. :+1:

Hopefully you’ll hear from other people with their own experiences too, but don’t forget about the Search (it’s really good now :+1::slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

It’s silly really @Ian_Chimp as I didn’t even consider searching for it.

Still so new to all this but I’m loving the variety of Topics.

Thanks xx

I had my nipple pierced years ago and I miss it! Seriously considering getting it done again.

From memory, it wasn’t as painful as I was expecting getting it done and the healing, although it took a long time, wasn’t problematic.

I had mine pierced with a bar and never changed it, so can’t comment on how easy it is to change.

The only reason I don’t still have it is that it grew out, that is something to be aware of, that it could happen.

Also, learn from me here - don’t let your dog jump up to greet you (I didn’t live with them at that point so was a treat to see me), and catch your fairly fresh piercing with their claws… OUCH is all I’ll say about that :joy::joy::woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

@MsSubExperimenter wow I wouldn’t want to imagine the pain of that!

Should be OK on the pet front though, I’ve got a rather placid cat :cat:.

Thank you for sharing with me. I’m sure I’d be fine getting it done but like to get a variety of opinions from informed people.

Usually the pain from the initial piercing is so quick anyway but I bet it throbs a lot afterwards.

Do you think you’d get yours done again, especially as you miss it?

Xx

1 Like

Haha yeah I still cringe thinking about the pain of that!

I don’t recall it being particularly throbby, I do remember being really careful when putting on a bra and tops though, being more gentle than usual!

I do want it done again, it’s on my list of things to do/get when I’m in a better financial place or my impatience wins haha!

Good luck xx

1 Like

@Alicia4Ever I had no idea @Lovehoney_Jessica was a body piercer. I will make sure I read the Topic, thank you x

1 Like

Thank you Sweet!

I’d love to know if you ever get it done again.

Take Care xx

1 Like

You too :blush: xx

1 Like

The thing that deters me is the fact o could get an injury at work, i caught my nipple between two heavy trays a couple of weeks ago and it wasn’t nice, i dread to think how it would be with a piercing

2 Likes

@WillC I imagine that was pretty awful without one but with a piercing as well, Ouch!!! :scream: Can you imagine if it got ripped.

Sounds terrible, doesn’t it. :pleading_face: x

1 Like

@beblue yes, it’s not as if i have huge breasts! I also do a lot of lifting, often balancing stuff on my chest, so as much as i’d like a piercing, i think i"ll wait!

1 Like

I’ve had mine done for about 4 years now, less painful than the cartilage piercing on my ear! After it’s a dull ache but trust me you’ve had worse periods! Healing is straightforward, put salt in boiled water in a mug, cool then dip your titty in the mug. Well worth it, have never caused me any issues at all.

2 Likes

@VanillaWithSprinkles thanks for replying lovely.

I understand the cartilage piercing pain, mine was really uncomfortable. Fine after it was done but that one hurt so much more than my others (Conch, Lip, Septum, Nostril, Daith…)

No matter what, as soon as my piercer is back and running I’m doing it!

Thanks again for the advise xx

1 Like

Hi, I have my left nipple pierced some years ago now. It was done in Sheffield at a piercing and tattoo studio near the crucible. The piercer asked if I wanted a female or if I was happy for a man. ( I’m not bothered. ) so the man marked with a cocktail stick where he intended to pierce. He then asked me to check in the mirror if I was happy. I was. He then applied a clamp to hold my nipple in place, this doesn’t hurt it’s just a bit pinchy. A numbinging spray if you want it, then poppers a needle through the nipple. Followed by a tube, then the piercing bar through and the tube is removed.
Aftercare was easy just clean once a day with salty water for a couple of weeks. I had no problems, and I have loved it ever since it was don’t.
I hope this helps.

4 Likes

@Fun_Louise thanks so much for sharing your experience.

I’d be really interested in the numbing spray if my piercer use it but she doesn’t use numbing for any piercings, so unfortunately I’d have to do it without.

I’m not too worried about the clamp in all honesty. In the past I’ve found that the clamp can actually help take your mind off the piercing because of the tight constant pressure. It’s just literally the thought of that super sharp needle passing through such a sensitive place :scream:

I do think that nipple piercings look incredibly sexy and it would be my first in a secret area that no one else knows I have (unless I show them).

Thanks again sweet xx

I actually find piercings more painthen tattoos but I say go for it. Ive always fancied having my nipples done! They would probably take a while to heal though.

1 Like

Hi @fizzy I think with piercings it’s more of a sharp quick pain, which in most cases subsides fast.

Tattoos are more of an irritating scratchy pain which worsens when the highlights are being put in (especially after a day session). Then it’s contending with the swelling ect until it heals.

I swear by Saniderm to heal my tattoos now, no fuss with washing and moisturising ect.

My latest tattoo was on the side of my lower leg and boy, the swelling with that was intense. I hadn’t had a leg piece before so I wasn’t sure what to expect.

My foot and leg was swollen for over 2 weeks, although I didn’t rest it all that much which probably didn’t help.

I’m now planning my next :wink: xx