Norethiserone

I remember seeing a thread for this before but I cant seem to track it down.

I just wanted to know if anyone has been prescribed this to delay their period and what side effects (if any) you experienced?

I started on this yesterday, 3 tablets a day to delay my period because im off on hols with OH on tuesday ( I cant take the pill for medical reasons) and after reading up about it online Im scared! Alot of people saying they have been depressed and moody, obv. not something I want on holiday with the OH!

Thanks guys xxx

Oh i think i had that years ago, when i went on holiday to Turkey, i found it worked but i did still get stomache ache most days but other than that i didn't notice any other side effects

I had it last summer when I had a period from hell that wouldnt end, (been on for like a month) and the docs gave me it to give me a bit of peace! I didnt get particularly moody, nor did it affect my libido or have any other adverse effects. It worked brilliantly for me :)

I had something to delay my period years and years ago and it was totally fine (but then I'm moody anyway!) Don't know if it's the same thing though sorry.

Hi NN. My OH was prescibed this last year to stop hers for our holiday. She felt very bloated but that was the only side effect. She was happy with them other than that. No mood swings or anything, I can vouch for that!!

SG69 x

Thanks for all your comments guys, you've put a worried mind at rest!! xx

i just had it last month and had no side affects except a heavy period for the first two days when i came off it but it took about 3 days to actually come on after my last pill

i did feel bloated but i dont know if that was the all inclusive food haha!

the mrs is off to the docs soon to get somthing to do that.

is this the only thing given to stop periods\??

not entirely sure, it was all i was offered =/

It was all i was offered to stop my period, so perhaps. Or the most effective at its job if nothing else.

sol1821 wrote:

the mrs is off to the docs soon to get somthing to do that.

is this the only thing given to stop periods\??

this is all i was offered sol but then again im not allowed anything with high doses of hormone for lengthly periods of time so maybe thats why.

xx