Nosy Family Members

Who else has to deal with relatives when buying toys? I wouldn't mind having a bit of a rant with you 😝

I just ordered the Rocks Off Ignition and got it today in the post. My dad in particular is very curious about my post, and asked me what I got. I called him nosy and then I told him I got a new toothbrush. I think he could kind of tell I was telling a porky pie but it got him off my back 😂

I used to say that my friend sends her post here, because I work from home so am always around to take in parcels! It worked up until I had a delivery from a manufacturer that read 'silicone massager and dildo' on the front 😁

Thank god for Lovehoney's plain brown boxes!

Just be non specific and say toiletries or perfume,no need to give any more info than that! If you want to stop him being nosy just say feminine hygiene products,that`ll scare him off!![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I never would have had the nerve to order when I still lived with my parents LOL but I didn't even discover sex toys until I was in my 30s and well on my own. The thing that drives me crazy is the customs label for me as a US customer states "novelty item" so I had ordered a lace mini dress, a storage bag, lube and some cleaning wipes and the OH gets mad at me asking why I got ANOTHER dildo... I had to literally spoil the suprise of the mini dress I had planned and open the package in front of him.

Also my mailman is extra friendly... I wonder if he thinks every Lovehoney is a toy. Not that I am ashamed for anything but more than half my orders are lingerie and I wish the customs form could state clothing or something different than "novelty item".

Ops forgot to add you can ship it in teh UK to your local post office and have it helf for pick up or ship it to friends house instead.

Sounds like the post office is the way to go. I'll just put it in one of my supermarket bags and it will blend in with my shopping. But my dad is nosy about my shopping too. He actually tried to peek in a shopping bag full of snacks once 😫

NatandTom wrote:

Thank god for Lovehoney's plain brown boxes!

This, this a thousand times over! :D

I remember getting my first sex toy (a rabbit) when I was 18 and usually left it at my bf's. Decided to bring it home and hid it in the drawer of my bed. Sure enough I was confronted by my father one day when I came in from college and he made out like I was dirty, naughty and just plain wrong for having it. Snooping prick. I was furious! But it did mean that I then had the upper hand - he knew I had that thing, he knew I used it, he also concluded that I must be having sex with my bf (of course I was), and it made him unbearably uncomfortable! For a man that talked about sex 24/7, he was not at all pleased to learn I had any sexual tendencies 😂

Yes all the time. Drives me mad!! Its always " ive started xmas presents early." 😂

I actually think its pretty bad how some people's parents are so nosy !
My son still lives at home and gets quite a few parcels delivered and I never ask what's in them because it's none of my business and he's an adult.
I do reckon my postman has a good idea of what my parcels might contain as he always gives me a cheeky smile and little wink when he hands me a box from Lovehoney .....I don't mind though .

VioletWolf wrote:

I remember getting my first sex toy (a rabbit) when I was 18 and usually left it at my bf's. Decided to bring it home and hid it in the drawer of my bed. Sure enough I was confronted by my father one day when I came in from college and he made out like I was dirty, naughty and just plain wrong for having it. Snooping prick. I was furious! But it did mean that I then had the upper hand - he knew I had that thing, he knew I used it, he also concluded that I must be having sex with my bf (of course I was), and it made him unbearably uncomfortable! For a man that talked about sex 24/7, he was not at all pleased to learn I had any sexual tendencies 😂

Here's a story, which might make you feel a bit less embarassed.

I was given a golden bullet from one of my gay friends as a present and a few hours before I left to visit my boyfriend for two weeks in Birmingham, a friend popped over and I decided to show it off.

My mother called me and I hid it in my pillowcase whilst I went to see what she wanted and I must of left it there, because a few days later I get a phone call from my parents telling me they heard a loud banging noise when they went to wash my bedding....Now, I'm holding hands in the middle of Birmingham with my boyfriend when I receive the phone call and I just wanted the ground to swallow me up, but I was like 'Right, I'm going to act like it's no big deal and they will be annoyed that they can't embarass me'

But it was far worse than I had originally thought....when I eventually returned home, I find that they've had it on display for two weeks for everyone to see and admire as well as telling everyone the 'story' of it being washed....thanks mum and dad.

I was okay when i still lived at home my mam worked nightshifts and she was asleep when the postie would come :P xx

Christ, you people's stories make me so grateful my parents have never caught wind of my collection 😂

I have ordered loads off LH and usually I'm at work when they deliver so my parents take them in. They never ask what it is but say I should stop spending money on rubbish online 😂

Oh my god GG I'm really open and takes a lot to shock me but if that had happened to me I'd have been mortified!! 😰😂

Wildflower my parents are abnormal, my father especially. Story for another day 😂 Thankfully I think there's lots of parents out there like yourself, that aren't so nosey!

When I was *ahem* 18 my mum knocked on my bedroom door to say I'd left something in the downstairs bathroom and could I come move it. Was only a bottle of lube but could've fried an egg on my cheeks they were burning that much. Luckily I'd taken my dildo back up to my room but left the lube on the window sill. I guess she figured there was a toy involved to go with the lube but she thankfully said nothing more about it...The bathroom was the only room in the house with a lock. 😂

Everyone I know knows we own a mass collection of sex toys. We really don't have to be discreet about it. Most of the things we get in the post are either clothes for the baby or sex toys. We don't order anything else online really.

I've even bought some as gifts for my sister so my family could care less. My dad does open my new furniture though. Opened our garden chairs the other day because he wanted to see them and then christened one by taking it out with him in the garden to have a soak. :P

I get my orders sent to my mums as her or her partner are always in. When I first started ordering my mum was beyond nosey! She'd ask until I gave in, any answer was the wrong answer, I remember coming home from uni one day to my parcel opened and she wasn't too pleased to see a rabbit in the box, but I took her to a sex shop and explained to her the different toys and she actually stopped asking me what I ordered from that point on. I've either educated her well and broken her prudish ways or I scared her into asking ever again haha x

Good job they dont send dildos just wrapped in wrapping paper lol

Can imagine the look on the postmans or famillies face lol

Once had a gf and her young son found her toy and he was waving it around like a wand lol

more often than not my post is delivered to one of my neighbours, I'm worried about nosy neighbours. I don't think they've sussed it yet :p