off the implant nexolanon help!

After my daughter was born I went on the implant and was on it for a year. I've been off it now for two weeks and still no period? They say its possible to get pregnant after but I thought I had to have my period first? I've taken an ovulation test and it came up with one strong line and one faded does the fact the second line mean I'm close because its faded?
1. How long did it take you to get your period back?
2. How long did it take before you had another baby after it was removed?
3. Is it possible I'm close to ovulation if the ovulation test has one strong Line and one faded one?

Help please ladies! Xx

I've never been concerned with ovulation as I'm not ready for children, but when I had mine removed the first time it took me a good 2 months before I had an actual period instead of spotting. Even then, I didn't start to regulate properly for almost 5 months. I think everyone's different but if you're really concerned talk to your doctor. Sorry I can't be more help!x

That's ok 😊 thanks x

Your fertile straight away, the doctor warned me.

I had a period sfter 6 weeks n then gave it a good three months to settle into a pattern

Personally, I'd asked your gp as they will know ur body better and might be able to advise you better.

I had the implanon in.for two years, if my memory serves me correctly, anyway I bled for most of the time so that's why I got it removed. u need to give ur body a chance as it's had that pumping chemicals around your body for the last year. It took at least 3 months for my periods to return to normal.

I still think the best bet is to contact ur gp and also use alternative contraception such as condoms for three months afterwards removal before trying to conceive, if your trying to conceive... Again this will give the body a chance after the fake hormones the implanon has left it.

Hope some of this helps x

As has been said, everyone is different and you'll settle into a pattern (or not) in your own time.
But, you are fertile pretty much straight away, so if you still aren't wanting a baby, beware!

If you're really concerned with getting in a pattern straight away, go on the pill for two months. It seems counterintuative, but it tends to kick start you into a ''normal'' pattern :)

Thanks 😊

Feel preg before i had had my first period got up set thinking it wasn't returning only to find out i was actually pregnant and that was why.

I had a v short withdrawl bleed within a couple of days of removal but then nothing for 6 months 😕 I do have a few other issues tho

Also if any of you got pregnant when did you find out and how?

It can take a year or more for your fertility to return after the implant unfortinatly. 2 weeks is really a short time you might just need to be patient. I am sorry I know this is a hard thing to hear.

(Had my implant out nearly a year ago)