OH Points idea

Hi,

I was wondering if you've considered allowing folks to offset the cost of some of your more expensive products using OH Points as opposed to having set products which require a certain number of OH points. For example I've been considering purchassing a Wevibe 2 which currently requires 15,000 oh points or £65 to purchase. Even if my current OH points were only worth a tenner then that would greatly help offest the cost of the puurchase.

Only an idea,

Kind regards

M4S

Thought I ought to add that I appreciate that this would be difficult to administer for all products but would help with the cost of some of the more expensive items.

I'd like that too, I also have a luxuary vib I really want and a load of points just sitting there.

It could be the same princible as a well know high street drug store

I think thats a good idea, like say exchanging a certain number of points for a gift voucher maybe? I've a couple of expensive items I'd like to use that against too.

Yep, I'd be interested in that as well. Great idea!

Yeh, I agree :) Was thinking about that myself Mad4Sex only yesterday! Good call

I don't think it'd work out for Lh though - the point of loyalty points is to encourage you to spend until you've fully saved up for what you want...doesn't work as well if they remove the "saving up" aspect of it.

Granted - I'd love if they could do it, but I doubt it'd benefit them as a company.

Adx

Hiya, maybe they don't need to remove the saving up aspect. Say I accumulate 15,000 oh points then I could spend them on a Wevibe 2 or maybe along the way I could say, "we'll I've got 5000 points now so I'll use them up and pay the balance. It amounts to the same thing for LH doesn't it. Either way, they sell a WeVibe and I've already spent the money to get the oh points..

but then it would encourage people to save and buy a more expensive toy that they might otherwise rule out as being a bit too pricey therefore selling more luxury toys.

i think it's a great idea

This idea was brought up before but Lovehoney said they had no intention of combining OH points to the current payment system because there are far too many complications when it comes to returns etc.

As for a gift card exchange I'm not sure but Lovehoney have flirted around with that idea.

Gift cards added to the points catalogue could work just as well - £5, £10, £20 etc.... then you could use it against something you really want. Even if they just emailed you through a unique code rather than an acuatl card

Am liking all these ideas :-)D69x

Sounds like a good idea, there are some toys here i would love but that are out of my pricing range, so use of loyalty points to reduce price or to give gift vouchers is a good incentive.

Take 2 as I lost my previous message as I got logged out whilst typing it so I'm typing this in notepad and posting it in.

I think the gift cards addition to the oh points catalogue which could be used towards the cost of more expensive itemns a great idea. I'm not really into loyalty schemes, what makes me loyal to a company are factors such as quality of the products, good service etc. and that is where LH excels in my opinion their product range is extensive, their service is second to none, friendly (and fun) and their product knowledge and advice is simply superb something that and I think everyone here would agree so I don't shop at LH because of oh points but they are a welcome bonus. What constitutes a luxury item for me is usually based on monetary value but this usually goes hand in hand with design but once a product gets to about £40/£50+ I start to consider it a "luxury" item. I know that this is purely subjective but we all have a pretty good idea of the luxury products/ranges.

We do own a popular loyalty card which we used to use in a local supermarket chain but we never really accrued enough points to make any substantial purchasses from their website but we did enjoy using whatever monetary value we had accumulated around Christmas time to put towards one or two Christmas food treats.

Kind regards

M4S

I think one of the problem would be what happens if you used a gift card to purchase a luxury toy and then returned it. Even luxury toys do get returned from time to time. With food its much easier to do as you just eat the value of the gift card and it is very unlikely you would go back and return the food. Here you would be bit facing a problem of 1 establishing a new gift card? or just returning its value as well? 2 refunding the person.

And trust me, I like the idea as I just love luxury toys, but not sure how it would go.

I do also like the idea, but as people have said, I think the returns policy would make things very difficult.

I have been saving all my OH points up, haven't spent a single one but I am still quite far away from the toys I would like, either the Elise, Ina, Njoy wand, or my favourite, the Zini Deux. Another 15000 points to go...

Hiya,

I was thinking about an electronic "gift card" rather than a physical one, LH could perhaps just credit you back your points value or maybe re-issue a coupon code or suchlike as well as any actual cash spent when issuing a refund. If it is an exhange of goods like for like then of course nothing needs adjusting. I appreciate that this would introduce a complexity but maybe they'd sell more luxury items if folks could use their o-points towards their cost. As I say, just an idea, food for thought :)

Last Christmas I blew all my o-points on several small "stocking fillers" including some sexy black stockings :) for my OH but it would have been equally nice to have the opportunity to have bought her one luxury item and spent my points towards its cost as it would take about another two to three years of projected expenditure at the going rate to have enough points to get it outright.

I have to agree, 15,000 is a lot of Oh points. It would be interesting to find out if anyone has ever actually saved up that many!

Just to note- you do get freebie points if you win Review of the month and other competitions. So Lovehoney do try to make it quite fun and exciting to reach your goal.

I think if you forget about the OH point system for a while and go on spending as usual you'll be surprised at the number you've accumulated. If there is a goal then just keep looking out for other ways of building it up but for the most part this is just an extra little bonus that Lovehoney has given us. Oh, and it's not unheard of for them to reduce some of the costs of OH points items at special occasions!