OH! Points Loyalty Scheme... Could it be better?

I love the fact that we can gather points from our purchases here, but am I the only one that thinks it would be good if we could use our points to offset the price of our purchases? I know that if we could do this I would have bought a few more expensive toys by now, although I do buy a lot as it is!

I'd like to know what my fellow toy, lingerie and lube loving customers of Lovehoney think!

i think that as soon as your order has been dispatched you should be able to use them straight away x

It's a pretty good system. Agree offsetting the price would be a bonus though.

This has been answered by Lh in other threads, the ability to combine Oh points with money makes it problematic for them with returns, crediting something back to a card and something back to an Oh point account is I believe the reason why they don't do it, but if there is something specific you'd like to spend them on, there is a thread you can ask Alice to see if it is possible to add them.

As for being able to spend Oh points immediately I'm guessing the month is in order to allow for returns, as otherwise, unscrupulous people may buy toys to get the Oh points, then spend those points and then return the item they had bought in order to accumulate them, and then how would Lh get them to return the Oh points item they were no longer entitled to?

I can see how a site wide system of paying part by cash and part by points would be a problem, but I wonder if it would be possible to restrict that system only to things already in the Oh Points selection?

i agree u cant combine points with cash. it same in places like boots.

my only recommendation would be that everything should have a points value and not just selected stuff

I personally would like to be able to buy points. There's a luxury toy on there I've been saving up for forever, but since I don't buy from LH that often, I might never get that far. I'm only about 2000 points short, but it's gonna take me forever to get that many points! Since I'm assuming the number of points matches up with a cash value, surely this wouldn't be too much of a stretch?

good idea!

indeed, buying points might sulve the problem of points/money combination. you might not be able to get the money back on your points but still, i imagin it would work...but then again, if you were willing to do that then why not just buy things equal to that cost.

waiting for points is a pain but then, as the returns is 1 year it doesnt completely stop what MissTerryCleavage mentioned

it would be nice if everything had an Oh! points value though, especaly escentuals. i also find that there isnt a particuly balenced spread of items from all catagories and its a pain that you cant click on the product page when brousing.

Agree that it's a pain that you can't click on the product while browsing. Correct me if I'm wrong and it's already there or something, but when you generally browse products, I'd like the option to put it in my basket to buy with money, or a 'buy with your oh points' button.

I wish there was more choice on what to use them on. I have over 7000 and nothing I want to use them on. Maybe some more fetish wear choices please.

I think it would have been a good idea for lovehoney customers to use their points as part payment options because at the moment the range of items which you can purchase based on your points is a bit limited. I know if i could part pay with points id be buying more expensive items.

I think everybody needs to just stop for a minute and think about this properly.

Ever £1 spend gives you 10 points, so if you spend £10 you get 100 points yeah?

Now, on the current Oh! Points list, the average is around 200 points for £1, although it varies slightly.

So, if you could use part payments of Oh! Points and cash to pay for orders, 100 Oh! Points (which cost you £10) would give you 50p off the order.

Buying Oh! Points would make no sense at all, it'd be cheaper (and easier) to just buy the item itself with cash!

As for the people saying there isn't enough to chose from on the Oh! Points list, I disagree. 455 products at the moment, all available for free, that's not bad at all if you ask me. Compare that to other companies and what do you get for spending your money? Nothing.

I personally look at the OH points as a bonus. I buy from the site anyway, getting points to get other items is just great. Don't look at gift horse in the mouth springs to mind here

An old thread i know Anyway here goes...I personally think that the Lovehoney scheme is fantastic and fair. If the item that you want is expensive and you don't make many purchases then it will be all the nicer after eventually saving up enough points.. Also it is not as though the OH points expire. Very good choice too

Abots wrote:

Now, on the current Oh! Points list, the average is around 200 points for £1, although it varies slightly.

So is the answer for LH to add £5 gift voucher at 1000 points now that they do them?

jouster wrote:

Abots wrote:

So is the answer for LH to add £5 gift voucher at 1000 points now that they do them?

Gift vouchers start at £10... and live in a different magical system so I don't think it would be possible. They don't exist as a 'product' you see, there's a lot of complicated tech stuff behind the scenes.

Im personally happy with the system as it is, especially since now you can filter products. I think its a great bonus to a site id be shopping at anyway.

I agree sometimes there are things id like that aren't the scheme but you can request stuff in another thread so they will look into it :)

The only problem I have , is that it gets harder to find stuff I want to use the points on.

Maybe I have too many toys now?

I'd also really super love if we could buy vouchers or use our Oh Points as part payments -- even if that meant we couldn't receive a refund on the items if we were unhappy.

Aside from that, I think the Oh Points system is fantastic! And I love that we can suggest things we'd like to spend our points on :)