Oh points

I've just placed an order and thought I already had oh points but it said 0 when I put my order through. Do they only last a certain amount of time?

Thanks

Yes they expire after 12 months from your last purchase essentially.

Also the minimum number you can spend is 500 points so if you had less then it may show as zero

If there's been no activity on your account purchase wise for twelve months, then they'll disappear.

You'll get the Oh! points from this order once it's despatched though ready for next time :-)

I best keep ordering stuff then to keep my OH! points! Not that that's a bad thing 😉

This is good to know! I didnt realise they disappear after months of not ordering....not that it seems likely at the min. I make an order every month.
Saving my OH points for something more expensive toy wise 😊

Oh no! (See what i did there...), is that 12 months from last order or from when they were earned?

Same thing happened me i used the Live chat and a nice guy i think it was Stephen reapplied them to my account took about two minutes.

I noticed that when i am here on this part of the sites.... (lovehoney.co.uk) that my points don't show here..... but if i log in to the lovehoney.com site, my points show there. I am assumeing its because I order from the us.

Hope this makes sence to some :)

I lost mine becasue they expired. ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

Didn't realise they expired after 12 month. I had 430 points as well. Can't always justify buying something on a regular basis even though I probably would if I could afford it lol

Lynseydee76 wrote:

Didn't realise they expired after 12 month. I had 430 points as well. Can't always justify buying something on a regular basis even though I probably would if I could afford it lol

I do empathise as I lost 4350 points. Not had time to put an order in as such due to sickness in the family and therefore didnt keep my eye on the ball so to speak .

everydayisaschoolday wrote:

Same thing happened me i used the Live chat and a nice guy i think it was Stephen reapplied them to my account took about two minutes.

Yes, Live Chat is best to talk to in regards to this query - You never know what they may be able to do for you over in Customer Care to help. 

If you need any further details on the Oh! Points you can locate that here:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/lovehoney-loyalty-scheme/