OMG Lingerie! Help for a newbie!

Hey all,

Well, sex between me and my boyfriend has always been completely naked, there's never been any inbetween about it. While I do make an effort to wear matching sets when I'm with my boyfriend (which is a real challenge when you're a 34F and getting bras in your size is difficult enough as it is), it just always immediately comes off once we're in the bedroom.

Anywho, I've been looking on eBay and I found a basque that I've absolutely fallen in love with, and I decided it was worth a go so I'm buying it. The thing is now, I need some appropriate undies to wear with it, and I'm not sure which route to go down. Almost every set I see has a thong/g-string (is there a difference between these?), but personally, I hate them. I've never worn one, but I think they always look kinda cheap and I imagine it must be like having a wedgie! My bum is a problem area for me too, I hate the way it looks. Not the shape, but just the skin on my bum looks awful. I used to get spots there and there's a fair bit of scarring. I think I'd feel sexier if I covered it up. I almost live in boyshorts, but I imagine that's probably not quite such a good look with a lace basque, so I'm thinking a nice pair of lace or silk high leg panties to go with it.

Now, I'm debating whether or not to go for stockings as well. I'd need a suspender belt since the basque doesnt have the built in suspender straps, but I'm not sure whether stockings seems too much, or if I'll blow my boyfriend away if I make the effort. He has no idea I'm planning on buying this stuff. Kinda difficult since I live with my parents, but I'd love for him to come into my room and find me wearing all that stuff. I think it'll be possible though if I'm clever about it.

While we're always up for trying new stuff, we always talk about it first. I can't imagine he wouldnt like this, it just feels a little weird, you know? I think it kind of feels to me like I'd be wearing this stuff and then be like "now what?" I feel like I need to do something!

I think I just need a confidence booster and advice on using the lingerie to enhance things, rather than it adding nothing or getting in the way.

Something I didnt think about either, pros and cons of hold up stockings?

Personally, if you don't normally wear stockings, then definitely, it'll blow him away. Depending on opinions on here about hold ups, go for those if you can get away with them. The belt wouldn't bother me if it was there or not.

if you've put a lot of time into researching and getting the basque, make sure you get the delivery of his present just right as well. That's just as important if not more so than the actual outfit!

Good luck and hope it works well x

i prefer stockings and sussies, but each to their own, have a look for the shorts u can get with the stocking straps attatched to the shorts, the down side being when the shorts come off the straps go aswell, why not look for a nice lacey pair of shorts and a nice matching sussy belt with lace topped stockings. at least when the shorts come off the belt and sussies stay where they are giving a horny look.

or basque stockings and sussies, no nic's, i'm sure your oh will take more notice of what you are wearing as oppossed to a few scars on ya bum

cant really discuss the stockings as ive never tried them, but the thong/gstring thing is generally that a thong will be a slightly thicker strip of material whereas a gstring, like the name suggests, is more stringlike... thinner - i always found (back when i wore them) that gstrings are more comfy... as for it feeling like a wedgie - well yes a little, but as a friend of mine puts it, she'd rather have a cm of material thats meant to be there, there than 5! (i.e. its not like a proper wedgie as its not the same vol. of material)

I dont however wear them anymore as i dont think they suit me at all, my bum needs more covering.

A type you might like would be some lacy french knickers or even the WKD ruffle-y pair like these- http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11334 (if youre into a retro/burlesque look)

Actually one pair i do own is the http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3171 - but you'd have to fancy the crotchless idea for those to work! Would mean they'd stay on longer lol :P

what about some nice lace knickers. theres some lovley what katie did ones, here http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11334 nad if theyre a bit on the expesnive style you could find an alternative cheaper.

stockings i would wear suspenders with as some people have problems wiht hold ups ( me being one of them) suspenders may make them feel more comfy too. plus a suspender belt would come in useful again if you wear tights/ stockings a lot. they can be fairly cheap but if you can afford it go for one which has wide straps and good fastenings.

this is LH's selection http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/s.cfm?term=suspender+belt&category=suspender-belts-garters&price=&colour=&brand=

and this one looks quite good http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13933

dreamgirl stockings come highly reccomended in some other threads as well

LivingFire wrote:

A type you might like would be some lacy french knickers or even the WKD ruffle-y pair like these- http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11334 (if youre into a retro/burlesque look)

lol great minds think alike eh? External Media

oh i also forgot to mention is that if youre wearing a sussy belt and want to leave it on it might be a good idea to either put it on before the pants or thread the straps through the pants, that way you can take the undies down withought having to take the sussies off.

Normally I dont wear anything! Sometimes he'll admire the bra I'm wearing before I take it off but that's about it. I would like to be able to blow him away rather than him just saying "oh, that looks nice". Although we've tried new things before and are both comfortable suggesting things, most of the time it's him that sort of takes the initiative, if you get what I mean. When we first got into sex toys, it was new for both of us and I picked one out, but ultimately I was just lying there while he vibed me. This time, I dont know if I can or should leave it to him. Whether he'll pounce on me and love it or whether I should seduce him or something!

I've put little to no effort into researching it lol, I just found it on eBay and fell in love with it, which is a good thing really. I've browsed lingerie sites before and end up thinking "that looks alright but I wouldnt pay for it". When I saw this one I just HAD to have it. As excited as I am though, I'll definitely wait til I've got everything and the time is right.

Like I said, living with my parents is a toughie, but I have a few things in mind. We usually go toilet before going into my room (having to unbarricade the door and put our clothes on is a pain otherwise), and I think I might quickly put it all on while he's in there (although stockings and undies can probably already be on underneath my clothes so he can find me in my room like that. Maybe hide under my duvet, so once he gets naked and comes to climb in bed with me, he gets the surprise :)

I might go for suspenders too, it seems like an extra mile I can go to make him impressed.

Does anyone have experience of crotchless knickers? They seem rather practical for such situations!

Wow, there was quite a few more replies when I was writing that post. I do like the suspender belt you suggested sweetlove!

I quite like this one too: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13930

The basque I'm getting is red, so should go nicely. It just seems like there's nothing to it though. Is that likely to be an issue or do suspenders have surprising stay up power? I dont have much knowledge of suspenders. My only experience of them was when I had a pair which were way too small for me when I went to the Rocky Horror Show!

I happen to be off shopping tomorrow, so I'm gonna have a look around, see if I can get lucky in Primark! As much as I love some of the undies I see online, £15 for a single pair seems extortionate to me.

Sounds like a good idea, and I think it'll blow him mind, and he'll love it.

If its trouble to get time alone for the unveiling of his present. then i'd probably suggest something a bit different. Depends on the circumstances e.g. if you normally watch the tv with your parent.s, why not take some pictures of you in the outfit that you prepared earlier. Then when you are watching tv, wear them but over a baggy jumper and trousers, and then text him the pictures telling him what you are wearing underneath. He'll undoubtedly try whisk you to bed, personally I'd try and make him wait. Let the anticipation build.

If you give me an idea of the situation you'll be in before the unveiling then maybe one of us can come up with something . Either way, good luck x

I feel like it'd be better for it to me a total surprise than an anticipation sort of thing. Generally he comes over to my house (I rarely go over to his since it's more difficult since I dont have a car), we stand in my dining room and hug and kiss for ages! Originally I thought about wearing it all underneath my clothes but when we're hugging, he'd feel the basque. I suppose I could perhaps use that to my advantage though, I think I doubt my ability to build it up!

Generally we go upstairs after the initial greeting bit. I always go to the toilet because it takes too long to get out of my room with having to get dressed and all if I need the toilet after sex or something. He sometimes goes too, but I'd be kind of stumped if he didnt go. He does seem to take a while though! More than enough time to get my basque on and into position if I had the stockings and sussies on underneath already. I'd just be worried he didnt go and then I'd be there with just stockings on lol! So, thats kind of a risk.

The anticipation thing doesnt carry as much of the risk though. While I've been writing this, I think perhaps I could have it all underneath, including the basque, and when we hug he'll feel it and ask what I'm wearing underneath, then I'll lead him upstairs. I'm sure I could write him a dirty text before he came over too. I've only ever done one once but I loved writing it, and he was somewhat in shock! A good kind of shock though! Now I'm thinking how do I take my ordinary clothes off in a sort of sexy way, although I imagine I'm probably overthinking it. I imagine he'll want to undress me, or his jaw will just drop and it wont matter!

suspenders "hild ups" can stay up on their own but its a bit of a gamble if they will or not,. theres some people they wil stay up on and some who they wont.

the sussy belt youre looking at will be allright though. it looks very pretty and would be ok for a night out/ sexytime. just make sure you have the suspenders clipped well onto the stockings,some of the "bigger" ones like the WKD ones are designed in a kind of vintage 50's stlye that had to have more substance because they had no hold ups and for when you wear them in an everyday situation

I wear stockings a fair bit but if it's just for the bedroom, hold ups will work well. They might also save you money and ensure you're outfit doesn't look 'cluttered'. Despite my normal love of stockings, I'd actually suggest hold-ups for this occassion then you can buy stockings and suspender belt for another outfit!!

Just watch that some women hate hold ups coz they can splurge the fat on the thighs. Only you can decide whether that's a problem or not, but at least it's easy to find hold ups on the high street.

Hope you ahve fun whatever you decide!

I would recommend opting for the hold ups. If he's not used to you surprising like that, its certainly going to cause havoc to his blood pressure and without being too crude, the last thing he's going to want to do is fumble with suspenders when he'll only have one focus on his mind!!!

lol, I'll try hold ups to begin with then, I'll see how they look and then decide whether or not I want suspenders after that. At least if I decide I'd prefer proper stockings I wont have wasted too much money.

My experience with hold up stockings is that they grab my thighs, always create unattractive bulges, and sometimes roll down. Suspender stockings on the other hand do not grip the thighs, look infinitely more attractive, and stay up reliably.

This is my favourite suspender belt, it's hot, secure, comfortable, looks amazing, goes with everything and is reasonably priced:

http://www.nylondreams.co.uk/product.php?xProd=248&xSec=42

Be sure to browse the belts to see if there are any you like better, there are a huge selection to choose from in loads of sizes.

There are lots of yummy good quality reasonably priced stockings on that site too.

This is my favourite thong, it's extremely comfortable, good quality, doesn't leave lines under clothes, and goes with everything:

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=SI-27729

The other good thing about suspender belts and stockings is that you can get up to all sorts in them and they'll stay on. You can leave off knickers entirely and just work away leaving them on. Hold ups will probably come off during sexy antics, at least in my experience they will. Whereas I have personal experience that stockings and a suspender belt really do stay on no matter what. The belt I linked to is sheer and can sort of look like knickers if you pull it down low enough. I really do recommend a suspender belt and stockings, even if you end up preferring to wear nothing in the bedroom, they are so sexy to wear just out and about, especially to say to your partner "guess what I've got on..." :p

Good luck, and I hope you knock his socks off! :)

Hey all,

Just wanted to give you an update. My basque/corset (I dont understand the difference? Anyone help?) came through the post today. I LOVE it! I feel so sexy with it on. Really cant wait til I've got everything I need so I can wear it in front of my boyfriend. Knowing what I look like in it now has given me so much more confidence. I need to invest in some new ribbon for it though, the one it came with wasnt quite long enough. I can get it on, but cant get the ribbon all the way to the top holes. I held it together and it made my boobs look great, so definitely worth spending the money for more ribbon.

I actually got a matching g-string free with it, but I dont like it much. It pulls in my fat at the side and I feel like I've got a wedgie and look like a sumo wrestler! Not a sexy look even if I had a bum I liked, and I dont feel sexy in it. I've got my eye on these ones in black: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14185

I emailed customer services and they should be back in stock in 2 weeks if the supplier hasnt discontinued them, so just gotta cross my fingers and hope now! If not, theres a few other styles that could do nicely as well.

Got my eye on some hold up stockings which should go nicely with it, they're black with red bows which will match the corset nicely.

I'm really excited now!

i know your talking bout hold ups but ive found them to always be rubbish, they always seem to fall down on me and never look as nice as stockings and suspenders and it can be a pain in the arse to get nice stockings if you have bit bigger legs (like myself) so i now just wear stockings and suspenders.

ive done and still do the old corset thing for my OH as he loves it! and i always dress up in it when his not expecting it so his face is always a picture!

when i wear my corset i go for no knickers with it and add suspender belt and fishnet stockings.

know this sounds silly but will you do your hair and make up differant when you dress up for him?

Dxx

Ooh sounds gorgeous - if that's you in the display pic then you're looking stunning in it!

Thanks for that Carly, I'm pretty sure it's a basque now. :)

Yup! Thats me in the display pic! Looks even better when the top part is held together. It makes my boobs look a million times better than any bra ever has. I might join up to the picture blog once I've got my whole outfit sorted and post pictures for y'all to see, I really love the way the basque makes me look! I think my boyfriend is gonna be absolutely stunned. WIll let you all know how it goes!

Gonna give hold ups a try and see how they...hold up! Since they're not too expensive, would rather do that and buy suspenders after if I need them, rather than buy suspenders which I end up not needing.