online dating

i joined a online dating web site the other week and started to chat to this lady last night and then this morning i woke up when she sent me a message via the app, i replied then she went to work but all of a sudden her account has been deleted by the admin by the looks of it.

she told be a lot about herself and there was a lot of unique stuff about her,but we did not swap email address or anything yet, so had a quick look on the net and might have found her on her works website but im not sure if it her or not.

so do i send her a message on her works contact page or do i leave it ?

advise please

i would leave it

gunther wrote:

i would leave it

I second that... Although you might feel you had a connection there might be a variety of reason for her account being closed that maybe you're not aware of.

No way, that's a bit stalkerish. If her account has been deleted by admin then she may have done something dodgy. If it was accidental, then she'll be back on there before long and you can talk again.

she may feel she gave too much info and got cold feet...or it may have been complete cobblers that you would obviously find out about

Definitely leave it, I'd be freaked out if someone did that to me and it definitely wouldn't endear me to them. As DDD says if there was something strange about the deletion then she will pop back up again, but you're probably better to focus your efforts on chatting to others, rather than someone you chatted to for one evening and who has then vanished. Perhaps she wasn't single and was just after some fun or her OH might have found out, who knows, in reality no sense even caring, given it's happened and you can't change it...

Good luck chatting to others and finding someone else you connect with.

ok will leave it and see if she appers again

dont think i would have sent her a message to work anyway lol

thanks for the advise

My first thought on reading 'deleted by an admin' was that 'she' was probably a romance scam. In all she told you, did she sound a bit too good to be true?

Similar thing happend to me few years ago.... I've never met again the girl I was chatting with... and she was so nice.

rose hip wrote:

My first thought on reading 'deleted by an admin' was that 'she' was probably a romance scam. In all she told you, did she sound a bit too good to be true?

no she didnt sound to good to be true just your normal kind of lady she sent me a pic and just chatted about all sorts of stuff

I'd leave it and be very careful online dating unfortunately my father got scammed on a dating site a women pretending to love him then getting him to send her money for what she claimed was a flight n visa to the uk...... Turned out she was a big big scam artist with many victims who never got there money back

i meet my ex online and we had a excellent six months but she was not ready for a relationship.

im not going to give any1 my money if they want it they will have to kill me lol

There are several websites on the topic of romance scams. Worth a look through to get an idea of what goes on. Typically there will be a reason why the person can't meet (like working in another country or in the military), but the development of an intense online 'love affair' anyway. Various schemes to extract money, like there's an emergency involving his kid who lives with granny or needing plane fair to visit. One ruse is to ask first for a small amount, repay it and then hit the target up for more.

Things to watch out for include pressure to move the conversation off-site (where it can't be monitored by the dating site), picture/language/location not matching up, professions of devoted love just from reading your profile, and so on. Be careful who you give your personal information to as well. Dating site moderators can't help if the scammers have your e-mail or phone number.

If you're curious, make a myspace site devoted to a niche subject and then tick the box that says you're interested in meeting people. Amazing how many unbelievably handsome men with high incomes suddenly fall desparately in love from reading all about your passion for medieval Icelandic poetry. If you're devlish, you can ask them questions on the subject.