Open relationships?

That’s quite interesting, is there anything either of you would say no to in going too far? Like if one or the other met up with a person twice for fun…

Fantasy is always way more appealing than it turns out in reality :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s beautiful to hear and I can so get that :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m so weird cause this person I’m really into but not sure what it is at the mo as not met them yet, I’ve been talking and connecting with them for going on two years now thanks to covid! And although I’ve had opportunity to meet others and have sex I’ve not felt like I could go through with it as my insides feel its like cheating lol

1 Like

Yes agreed, each to their own and if it works for them then there’s no harm done, but it is strange how times have changed and people are getting more fluid in freedom…

having said that though waaay back in ancient times sex was celebrated as a ritual that brought us closer to the gods and so many cultures believed in orgies to celebrate many things

1 Like

Defo makes the bond more special when you know you’ve got a keeper :relieved:

2 Likes

Yes that’s a good way of seeing it and quite a modern take on how many relationship dynamics are these days. Always makes me wonder though if people are more scared of commitment than they used to be and could social media have had a part to play in this with people not wanting to settle with one person incase they miss out of someone better that shows interest :thinking:

1 Like

That sounds like it’s been a relationship saver for you both in ways and is good you have strong trust in keeping communication open to it all which I think is the key to a working open relationship :cowboy_hat_face:

No not really, only safer sex practises and not having sex with anyone else in our bed (unless we are both involved)

2 Likes

Everyone has different boundaries but I’m way too insecure for that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

They sound like reasonable ground rules and definitely safe sex is a top priority to have :relieved:

1 Like

Yes I’d agree with that for myself too :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s weird at all, if there’s a connection between you. I hope you get to meet eachother too, very soon :blush:

1 Like

We didn’t have made such agreements, most of the time is was just someone different because it was when we went partying. We only had one agreement thar when it happend we would be open and honest about it and not keep it a secret for one another.

2 Likes

I really hope so as am getting a tad paranoid incase they decide to stray away from me thinking will never meet or something :confounded:

I think that’s a very good agreement to have in being fully open on it as must help strengthen your trust with them :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know how the couples that have an open relationship can be fine knowing their OH is having sex with another man/Woman.

For me, I couldn’t get over the psychological side knowing my fiancée is having sex with someone else. Nor could I ever sleep with another woman while I’m with her. She’s mine and I’m hers.

Seems to be a topic that’s popping up more,
Happily married couples do it, i don’t know how but fair play to them.

1 Like

Yeah it’s an interesting topic and truthfully why I got onto this was down to something that happened to me recently that mentally my mind cant understand which for me is very odd as I’m a great understander of most things so it kinda threw me off big time :confounded:

1 Like

I had a therapist suggest it as something to try for me and my husband once but it was because we didn’t have sex. So I could theoretically get that connection somewhere else and us keep our marriage as is. But I didn’t want to do that as I’m the sort of person that just wants my one person and I want them to want me. I also am pretty sure that if I got a physical and emotional connection with someone else I’d end up wanting to be with them anyway. Sex isn’t just a one off every now and then thing to me. It’s something that’s supposed to be part of every day life. So it wouldn’t have worked at all.

2 Likes

In one. Love it.

1 Like

Indeed and the whole connection thing is partly what I can’t understand sometimes when people try out an open relationship as how do they stop themselves gaining lustful feelings for the person they’ve had sex with or on flip side how is the sex enjoyable without any connection?! Surely it’d just feel meaningless and not worth having when you’d get more pleasure doing solo masturbating :thinking:

All seems like playing with fire.

1 Like