Opinions on the 50 Shades movie?

sorry but i am happy to wait for the dvd . however some people got carried away !!!

http://www.heart.co.uk/cambridgeshire/news/local/drunk-woman-thrown-out-haverhill-fifty-shades/

Not seen it yet, but hoping to go with my OH in the next week or two!

I loved it. Even hubby liked it.

Unsure about watching it, heard more negative reviews than positive. Guess the best thing to do is go and see it for myself.

Saw 50sog last night with hubby. Cinema was packed. As for the film, there were some cheesy lines from the book that made me laugh a little, but I felt as a whole it was a bit choppy in terms of scenes. This is probably mainly due to the fact that they have to cram a whole book into 2 short hours of film. Not sure if Jamie Dornan was the right casting for Christian...

The sex scenes were ok but not as raunchy as the hype made out they would be. Sometimes the dialogue and filming seemed a bit slow.

Anyway, felt a little bit disappointed with it, but didn't hate it. At least they cut out all the annoying 'inner goddess' and 'holy crap' monologues, and the really cringey tampon scene!!

I haven't seen the film - will wait until it comes out on sky premier :-)

i thought the books were utterly rubbish! Read the first and gave up halfway through the second one! Repetitive, tame and dare I say it .... Very very poorly written!

I'll obviously sit on the fence with my opinion...hah!

X

A tampon scene?!

Young and fun95 wrote:

A tampon scene?!

yup, in the book, christian and ana are in a hotel and it's her 'time of the month' but C wants sex etc and doesn't care, in the bathroom, he removes her bloody tampon.

I love it however they left a lot of major stuff out :(

My friend is making me go and see it with her this evening!

Blueeyes82 wrote:

Young and fun95 wrote:

A tampon scene?!

yup, in the book, christian and ana are in a hotel and it's her 'time of the month' but C wants sex etc and doesn't care, in the bathroom, he removes her bloody tampon.

That's gross. Why was that in erotica? If OH tried that I honestly don't know what I'd do :/

Young and fun95 wrote:

Blueeyes82 wrote:

Young and fun95 wrote:

A tampon scene?!

That's gross. Why was that in erotica? If OH tried that I honestly don't know what I'd do :/

I had to re read that part to make sure I was reading it right! I think I'd lock myself in the cupboard if someone tried that on me!

I saw it again today and wow I missed quite a few things the first time, because it was packed and people constantly talked but today it was really good only 5 of us in the cinema! Really tempted by a 3rd visit to the cinema now ^_^

JM88 wrote:

Cuff Links wrote:

LilMissSexxx wrote:

I really liked the books but the film was somewhat disappointing. Could of been alot better plus I didn't like the choice for christian grey, didn't do it for me lol

Yeah, I didn't really like the choice for Grey either. Mostly because there was something about his eyes and how they looked like they were going to absorb my soul or something like that :P

I looked it up on imdb and saw that one of the early on rumored actors for the part of christian was alexsander skarsgaard. For me if he was the lead role i wouldve been first in line to see the film! Had the film been around a few years ago then i easily couldve seen julian mcmahon as christian grey based on his role as christian troy in nip/tuck.

for me either of those guys wouldve made me go and see the film. As the casting is, i honestly have never heard of any of the actors/actresses which might be a good thing because you dont associate them as another character, but for me it means theres no interest. I would rather see cast that ive seen before to entice me to see this film.

Yes, JM88! I always thought Skarsgaard could pull it off but McMahon a few years ago would be even better! He is just utterly delicious!

xabix wrote:

JM88 wrote:

Cuff Links wrote:

LilMissSexxx wrote:

I really liked the books but the film was somewhat disappointing. Could of been alot better plus I didn't like the choice for christian grey, didn't do it for me lol

Yeah, I didn't really like the choice for Grey either. Mostly because there was something about his eyes and how they looked like they were going to absorb my soul or something like that :P

I looked it up on imdb and saw that one of the early on rumored actors for the part of christian was alexsander skarsgaard. For me if he was the lead role i wouldve been first in line to see the film! Had the film been around a few years ago then i easily couldve seen julian mcmahon as christian grey based on his role as christian troy in nip/tuck.

for me either of those guys wouldve made me go and see the film. As the casting is, i honestly have never heard of any of the actors/actresses which might be a good thing because you dont associate them as another character, but for me it means theres no interest. I would rather see cast that ive seen before to entice me to see this film.

Yes, JM88! I always thought Skarsgaard could pull it off but McMahon a few years ago would be even better! He is just utterly delicious!

Glad im not the only one! Skarsgaard wouldve been my number one choice, as he was perfect in true blood. His character was kind of similar to how i imagine christian is, with all the sex, charisma and power! It wouldve made so much sense to cast him.

I admit that the very little of the book i did read, i imagined julian mcmahon but thats just because i have no imagination so christian troy easily becomes christian grey! I havent really seen what he looks like now and part of me doesnt want to incase he hasnt aged well! I just remember in nip tuck he was also a christian grey type character and pulled it off effortlessly. Im guessing that maybe both my two top choices are too old to be a realistic christian grey as the clips ive seen the actor appears to be quite young.

JM88 wrote:

xabix wrote:

JM88 wrote:

Cuff Links wrote:

LilMissSexxx wrote:

Glad im not the only one! Skarsgaard wouldve been my number one choice, as he was perfect in true blood. His character was kind of similar to how i imagine christian is, with all the sex, charisma and power! It wouldve made so much sense to cast him.

I admit that the very little of the book i did read, i imagined julian mcmahon but thats just because i have no imagination so christian troy easily becomes christian grey! I havent really seen what he looks like now and part of me doesnt want to incase he hasnt aged well! I just remember in nip tuck he was also a christian grey type character and pulled it off effortlessly. Im guessing that maybe both my two top choices are too old to be a realistic christian grey as the clips ive seen the actor appears to be quite young.

They both have that sexy, cocky air to them, which totally does it for me! Julian McMahon has hair chest too which helps, but I expect he is getting on a bit now (not that I wouldn't go there :P)

I think I got half way through the third book before I finally gave up, I found it repetitive and boring and thought Ana should have kicked him to the kerb straight away. I'm all for control in the bedroom but I wouldn't put up with his controlling and obsessive behaviour elsewhere.

After all the hype and bad reviews I decided to go and make my own mind up...it was very surreal sitting in a full cinema and seeing a fully naked woman on the big screen...yet sadly not a single clip of Mr Grey in full nude...unfair I say!!....I really enjoyed the movie and can't wait for part 2 - unofficially- due for release February next year, the DVD of part one should be out in June this year and I'll be buying it...

I watched it tuesday with 2 friends from work. Film was a little slow in parts and not as good as I thought it would be couple as difficult moments in the film but that's my own fault for watching it with people from work and not my usual girlfriends really didn't like the scene with the belt as that just left me cold as the character was not enjoying it but mr gray in the film carried on regardless. It's worth going to watch just to see what all the fuss is about at the moment main topic of conversation at work. Even been given shopping lists and money from some people who I work with and know me better to order for here for them so the film is helping some people's sex life.

Already commented on this thread i think, but I just watched a film last night called `Bound` i found it to be a lot better than 50 shades in a lot of respects, but then 50 shades also had good points to it too.

I was disappointed with the film as I felt it only really amounted to an introduction of a film, and pretty much finished where the film should have been getting going. I liked Jamie dornan for Christian as having seen him in The Fall I think he has that dark almost emotionless edge to him. However I would not have been opposed to Ian Somerhalder playing Christian, I may have needed to leave my hubby at home in that case though ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif) I am going to watch the did this weekend to see what they did cut out.