Opinions?

Not sex related, but looking for your thoughts.

Somebody i know likes pretty much everything I post on Facebook, but I have noticed when I don’t like a few of his posts for a few days he stops liking mine. Would you read anything into this or not? Do you think he’s noticed i haven’t liked his and feels ignored maybe?, it happens quite a lot and I’m beginning to think if he is noticing that maybe he has feelings for me?

Or I’m just being super sensitive and reading into it too much :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t read anything into it, maybe he didn’t find certain posts that interesting? If it’s tit for tat liking, doesn’t that kind of devalue the likes? Also, your username suggests you are married so why would it matter if he has feelings for you?

2 Likes

Thank you.

Just curious I guess. I keep thinking I’ve done something to upset him. I’m way too sensitive and trying to think for other explanations for why he seems to ignore me sometimes.

3 Likes

It’s Facebook, i wouldn’t take it too seriously! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’ll try not to. Wish I didn’t worry so much!

3 Likes

Facebook = Fakebook in so many cases, I wouldn’t take to much notice of what does or doesn’t happen on Facebook.

Although I have most of the social media platforms, I am very careful who I connect with and use it mainly as a way of keeping in touch. I cannot say that I am bothered whether people like or rate what I post it isn’t important to me or the reason I post.

I wouldn’t beat myself up about it or undertake much soul searching as to why a post hasn’t been liked. Consider it their choice / preference rather than a reflection on you. IMHO.

3 Likes

Did you like my photo post today? Does @WillC have feelings for me 'cos he always does? Am I worried? Should I care?
I don’t really use Facebook. I love it on this forum but I still don’t take it too seriously. Definitely don’t get hung up on ‘likes’, it has no bearing on who you are.
and
DON’T WORRY ABOUT THESE THINGS!

8 Likes

@Melody1 shhhhhh, i was hoping to keep my feelings for you a secret! :wink:

8 Likes

I wouldn’t read into it too much. I’m the type of person who likes all my friends posts on social media to try and support them, but it definitely doesn’t mean anything more than that with me. There are also days however, where I haven’t bothered checking social media and so wouldn’t be liking any potential posts while i’m off. Maybe your friend is doing the same? Or maybe your friend is coincidentally not liking posts the same time as you are :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Likes can be a bit tit for tat (hmmm tits). I’ve noticed when I have :heart: a person’s post on here, the person will sometimes :heart: a post of mine back. I find it cute.

1 Like

I wouldn’t take any notice of ‘likes’ on Facebook.
People use it in different ways.
But you do seem concerned about whether or not this friends likes you? There might be other ways of exploring that - but tread carefully, especially if either of you are married or in a relationship.

1 Like

It could also be the Facebook algorithm playing a part, that if you’re not interacting with each other you might stop seeing each others posts as much

1 Like