Packaging problem

After receiving a few packages from LH with no noticable problems the last package had one of the pieces of tape cut so that it could be looked into from the front .

the flaps were all in place and the tape going left to right across the box was in place , but the tape going rond the middle top to bottom had been cut , intentially or not i dont know but i could lift the flap and look inside no problem .

not a real problem as im not too fussy what the postie thinks and all the items were in place but its maybe something that could be looked at and use stronger tape or two lots going round the front .

cheers

This actually happened to me once, the tape was around the side and front, but the front had been reopened, and then sealed with a small piece of tape. I've just put it down to maybe LH leaving out my delivery note and having to put it back in or something. I hope so anyway.

All boxed would be sealed when they leave LHHQ it may be that this happened once it left the building and was in the hands of the delivery service used. I'm sorry this has happened to you! If you want to raise your concern please contact our customer care team. We are always open to feedback and customer comments Many thanks!

Never had this happen to me before. But I did have one with a hole about the size of a £50p in it.

I don't really care if anyone saw what was in it or if my postman had a look. I was more worried because it had two glass dildos in the box that could of been damaged. But thankfully they wasn't :)

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

All boxed would be sealed when they leave LHHQ it may be that this happened once it left the building and was in the hands of the delivery service used. I'm sorry this has happened to you! If you want to raise your concern please contact our customer care team. We are always open to feedback and customer comments Many thanks!

feel free to pass this on to the right place .

just glad there was nothing lost or stolen from the box

Notsurename wrote:

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

I think you'd have to do it as they probably want the order no. It's very easy to do under help > contact us

I bet it was a nosy postman,since Cazz says all boxes are sealed when they leave LH.Never had this problem yet (hope it wont happen).

I never had an issue

I'm so sure its the post office, never had a problem before but a week or so ago i had a large Lovehoney item delievered but i was out so it went to my depo. After getting my box out he asked me if i really wanted "this one" (three times) and then when he came round to hand it to me said really quitely that he wanted one but couldnt afford it.

I don't care if they know whats in my parcels but what bothers me is why they looked in it and then made it blatently obvious by saying those things.

Oh,god..Terrible service,how can they open packages?!And even say it in your face..you should complain.

Notsurename wrote:

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

Hi Notsurename

I'm so sorry your parcel arrived in a less-than-perfect condition - this is a really unusual thing to happen!

To reiterate what Cazz has said, it's more than likely that this happened in transit - however your suggetion of stronger packaging/tape will be taken on board.

Ideally, if you have the time to give customer care a call, or speak to them on live chat, they'll be able to attach your feedback to your order number and pass it on to the warehouse manager.

Thanks again for letting us know.

After getting my box out he asked me if i really wanted "this one" (three times) and then when he came round to hand it to me said really quitely that he wanted one but couldnt afford it.

---

That sounds like a complaint letter in the making. You wouldn't even have to put your name on it.

Shockingly unprofessional.

To be fair, parcels generally leave all distribution houses as you would expect, however, say your parcel was leaving LHHQ in Bath, on a journey to Edinburgh for example, it would be collected by the mail chap in Bath, who chucks it into his van with numerous other parcels, it then goes to the local sorting office, where it is man handled by humans and conveyer belts before starting it's journey upto the local edinburgh sorting office, again during this transit stage the parcel will be subjected to movement in the vehicle. When it then arrives, it is sorted again by the local sorting office and most likely placed or thrown into another vehicle where it is taken to your local post office to receive similar treatment before your postman packs it up and takes it to your abode.

All in all, at least 6 people have handled the parcel since it has left LH. The postman is the least likely person in this chain to have nosed, he simply does not have the time. Also when the royal mail notice a parcel open they have to reseal it, and to be honest they don't really have time either to nose through the post. So I think you will be fine, and it is a rather infrequent event receiving a damaged or unopened parcel from the royal mail when you consider how much they deliver to you.

Did LH not trial a 'glued' type box packaging about a year or so?....I do recall receiving one of my orders which came packaged in a box which required a tab to be pulled along a pre determined route in the box flap to open it. Since that time I have never had the same box.

My hubby also recently received an order from Adidas in Germany which came with the same type of closure which is quite secure and if tampered with it is obvious to tell.

The pro's of the glued type packaging are that no one can physically open the box unless they pull the seal open which then requires tape to close the box, this box type would also save LH a small fortune in packaging tape.

The Cons are that as there is no flaps to tuck in after opening, the box cannot be re sealed unless taped and Im not sure if the glued type box is more expensive.

Maybe Jess can clarify?

I dread to think of someone purposefully opening my mail, that's a violation and completely disprectful.

Hello Everybody!

Packaging is a subject very close to my heart and one that I personally take VERY seriously!!! Fortunately I am not alone and everybody in Lovehoney fully appreciates the importance of making our packaging as secure as possible!

We don't get too many complaints about the packaging and those that we do tend to be about the condition they arrive in, rather than about how they were packaged. As has been suggested, our parcels do have to go through a lot of systems to get to your doors!

We do take a lot of care when packing our parcels, but it is inevitable one or two will suffer damage during transit. I keep an eye on all complaints and if I believed there was a recurring issue I would approach the carrier.

The good news is though (and you are the first to know), is that we are at this very moment reviewing our packaging to make it even better!! We hope to get something in place by the end of summer!

Please do write (or chat) to us if you have a package you are not happy with-we will record these compalints and watch out for trends etc.

Matt

ooooooh new fancier packaging??

Very happy with the possibly new postage coming.
Personally I have never had an issue with my postie, until today!
New postie delivered my box. There is a slight tear in the box lid & postie overly friendly (asking for me by name & saying he had a package from Secret Phrase).
Nosy postie :(

M-J wrote:

Very happy with the possibly new postage coming.
Personally I have never had an issue with my postie, until today!
New postie delivered my box. There is a slight tear in the box lid & postie overly friendly (asking for me by name & saying he had a package from secret phrase ).
Nosy postie :(

thats one thing i did notice about the packaging too . doesnt bother me but if you want to be very discree .

the return address is secret phrase . Dont need to be columbo to work that one out

Rorschach wrote:

After getting my box out he asked me if i really wanted "this one" (three times) and then when he came round to hand it to me said really quitely that he wanted one but couldnt afford it.

---

That sounds like a complaint letter in the making. You wouldn't even have to put your name on it.

Shockingly unprofessional.

I have already been asked :) but i dont want to cause a fuss, it's fine as long as my parcel is undamaged. I'd of said something and made a complaint to them if something was missing dont get me wrong but honestly its not worth hassling LH over or myself.

Also its my only office and i only ever get served by the same two people.