Royal Mail peeking inside parcels & Poor LH packaging.

So, i ordered a whole load of stuff from LH. Realistic vagina, a fleshlight, lubes, cleaner etc etc. The box wasn't packaged or taped up that well. There was selotape down the middle of the box one way. But the other way it was at the top of the box instead of the centre. This made it very easy for prying eyes to get inside. And they clearly had been, as both sides of the box were prized up and torn so anyone could see the contents. They could even pop the flaps of the box and get a good look right in there.

Pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/92584327@N07/U03t5b

If that wasn't bad enough, several people at my local royal mail sorting office know me. I didn't realise that royal mail staff know who LH are until after i'd placed my order. Then when i recieved my parcel all torn up and tampered with, well, you can imagine i'm sure.

I then contacted LH via the live chat help link. But the person i spoke to gave off the impression that they didn't really seem to care much. I sent them those pictures i posted here. Know what they said? They said it appears to have been packed correctly!!! Obviously i wasn't having that. So they then told me that they would notify the manager. I asked them to get back to me via email and they were like "What for? We don't contact people about such matters." The manager will be notified and if we discover whoever packed the order didn't do a good job, actions will be taken. Not even an apology from them. I'm guessing that was all a load of balls to fob me off and no action will be taken against anyone. Instead they will all have a good giggle and it will go down as another funny story at LH HQ.

I think items should be placed in the box and then covered in paper. Tuck the paper down the sides of the items. Then the boxes should have more tape around them. 3 strips one way and 3 strips the other way, top, middle and bottom. Maybe some around the edges and flaps.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this with LH?

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Maybe your box got checked by the mailing company?. Human error does happen though.I really have no idea tbh just a couple of possibilities.

All I can say is that I've made a few orders and aye the parcels a plain brown box, however mines have all been sealed extremely well.

I've contacted live chat loads of times and tbh I've always gave them a thumbs up. It's one of my main reasons shopping here, because customer service is excellent and Lovehoney genuinely care about their customers (in my personal experience).

I'm sorry for your experience though, it used too really freak me out getting products delivered by a sex toy retailer. Especially considering my mother in-law works in the post office. Lol! I live in a village where everyone knows everyone!

However if they told you they'll look into it I'm sure they will, as I've had stuff looked into and Lovehoney have gone out of their way too help. If you don't feel satisfied after its been investigated give them a ring/email or use live chat again.

Hope you feel more chilled soon bud :-)

Thanks. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) I hope everyone get's as good service as you.

I forgot to mention that when speaking to live chat, they not only said that action would be taken, they also said the appropriate training would be given to whoever packed my order. I thought, great! Bit late for that. They get training and i get everyone laughing and talking about me buying sex toys for the rest of my days! I think they should skip the training and whack them across the back of the skull with a 15 inch black rubber dildo.

Rubber_Ducky wrote:

Thanks. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) I hope everyone get's as good service as you.

I forgot to mention that when speaking to live chat, they not only said that action would be taken, they also said the appropriate training would be given to whoever packed my order. I thought, great! Bit late for that. They get training and i get everyone laughing and talking about me buying sex toys for the rest of my days! I think they should skip the training and whack them across the back of the skull with a 15 inch black rubber dildo.

Haha that's brilliant I quote "wack them over the head with a 15" dildo. I'm literally laughing out loud here. I wanted to add an icon there but left it, because for some reason mine are either just black or my smiley ones just look wrong 👎 Check the forums there's loads of praise for customer service. Type it in the forums search bar and you'll see alot of praise. I didn't view your box because it wasn't a link I could hit and i was too lazy to type it in the search bar. It's strange I thought a goldfish would be able to tape a box up, even with their 7 second memory span Lol! I've never had an issue with my parcels though, they're always taped well, I forget how many I've had delivered, but it's at least 5 and they're always taped up well. Keep us posted "forgive the terrible pun" lol :)

I think you should go smack the post office workers with the dildo hahaha!
Your experience sounds like my worst nightmare. I've got to say though, with every package I've had from Lovehoney, things have been wrapped in paper, or there was paper on top. So even when I open the box I don't see what's in straight away. I'm 99% sure the fault isn't with Lovehoney, but with some nosy idiot.
But, well, I passionately dislike the post office workers here, they seem to do everything to make my visits horrible!

Never had an issue like this but I do dislike the way that single items are sent out in a jiffy bag; a stainless steel buttplug can't be mistaken for anything else!

Sounds awful and really embarrassing :(

I've never had any issues with packaging from Lovehoney but if I did I would expect action to be taken by someone - even an apology to start with as you dont even appear to have that yet !! x

I've never experienced this, sorry to hear that you have though.

In 3 years of regular shopping with LH, I've never had an issue with the packaging. It has always been packed well with plenty paper to cover what is inside and the box sealed well.

It actually does look packaged correctly, in normal circumstances no one would ever see inside. Clearly someone in your post office is a nosey un and you should be complaining to the post office, that isn't an accidental tear, someone has ripped it to have a look.

on the subject of people laughing at you for sex toys though, who cares?! You're a grown man, you're allowed to do what ever you please, if you want sex toys you can have sex toys. They're probably jealous because they haven't got the balls to try it out for themselves

Never had a issue with the parcels from love honey there always sealed and discreet and the parcels always have paper in to cover the items over. Does sound like you need to take it up with the post office as maybe they know who love honey is and wanted to have a look. Love honey customer service has always been fantastic and they have said it will be looked in to and training given to the person so nothing likes this could happen again so sounds like they have taken it seriously. I don't think love honey staff would just have a laugh at your expense.

It seems more likely to me that the post office tampered with your package, as opposed to Lovehoney not packaging it correctly. It doesn't matter how well an item is packed, if someone really wants to get in to it, they can! :/

I understand you're embarrassed, it's only natural, but really sex toys are nothing to be ashamed of. Most of us have sex or sexual desires, I'm sure most people masturbate, so what if you're experimenting with toys to help you with that? I'm sure more people use sex toys than we think! Hold your head up high and don't worry what anyone else thinks, just enjoy your toys :) x

I'm not sure why there was no paper covering your item, every parcel I've recieved has been covered with paper tucked down the edges of the box tightly so even if someone ripped the box like that they would see nothing. In that respect it has either definitely been packed wrong or some nosey so and so has removed it to have a peek!

Agree with others that say complain to the higher ups in your post office. The tape may seem minimal, but it works unless someone deliberately tries to look inside which is what those photos look like. They take tampering with mail seriously so I would report it to Royal Mail, when they ask was anything missing say yes, half the packaging had been removed! They won't be likely to compensate you or anything like that but hopefully someone will get a slap on the wrist over it and not touch anyone elses private mail. It would also give you some basis for taking further action if it were to happen to you again.

I had something similar happen to me but it was from another on line toy seller.

The box looked like it had been under another heavy box and had squashed but the box had the perforated lines and they had split. The box was far to big for what was inside and there was no internal packaging to stop it moving around so every thing could be clearly seen. The postie had a cheeky grin on him when I took in the parcel.

Contacted their CS and they was about as useful as a chocolate teapot! They offered me a £5 gift code for their website. Told them to stick it and am never using them again or recommending them.

As for LH I have always been very happy with the way they send out their parcels, plenty of internal packing to stop it moving around and cover it up.

I am wondering if the box was caught in the sorting machines causing the rip? Still not a nice thing to happen as can be seen.

I've never realised why Lovehoney put all that paper in there. I've been thinking it was very waste but clearly not!

Sorry you've been embarrassed but I think the nosey postie is more to blame than Lovehoney. They deserve a whack round the head with that dildo too.

Never had a problem with lovehoney boxes, however i did have one lingerie order put in one of those thin grey envelopes which arrived to me ripped open for everyone to see the contents!

Also i have had two small items sent in those brown puffy envelopes and both boxes were squashed and ruined. Not a huge problem for me but if i wanted the boxes for storage i was out of luck!

Hello!

I am sorry about the experience you had! I'm sure everybody understands that it's not possible for me to comment on any individual cases because we have that old DPA chestnut (and quite rightly too!) to consider.

As the other members have suggested, the number of complaints we get like this are EXTREMELY rare and I would be very confident in saying that this is very much a ‘one off’. Our packaging is normally very secure but is not completely tamper proof because we want our customers to be able to open them!

It's impossible to ascertain what happened to the parcel...my role is to monitor all complaints and ensure we do not have any trends developing. As I mentioned, reports like this are very uncommon so are not the norm.

I would be happy to speak to you about this issue further privately, to try and resolve this to your satisfaction? If you want to give me a call I will be more than happy to chat this through?

Sorry again for any embarrassment. ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

Matt

:O I have never had this happen, Lovehoney have always been so good in packaging there parcels, I dont know what ibwould do if it ever did happen x

All my orders have always been very well packed.

It is just as well because I know a few people who work in the Post office and Royal mail!

Mind you I am sure they know what Bath Trading means

LH has always had superb packaging. So sorry for your embarrasment

never had this happen i would be horrified if i did the though of someone else mooching around in my sex toy delivery is a nightmare !