Deliveries

i am so impressed with the discretion of the package looking forward to testing the products very soon 😃😃😃😃😃

Well keep reviewing and you might be picked. :P

I think she meant testing the items she bought! :) Hope you enjoy them kinky wife!

I agree. The packaging was my biggest concern but I need not have worried.

I don't know how they can advertise as 100% discreet packaging. I'm a postman and I can say that almost everyone in my office (over 200 posties) know when someone gets a lovehoney packet. We make fun game of it by saying to the customer 'enjoy' or 'have fun'.

Also if your neighbour has ever received one and then take a packet in for you if your out then they know you have got one two.

I have wanted to order something from here but don't think I could deal with the embarrassment in the office

I assumed the postman knows about my parcels being from Lovehoney. I'm not embaressed that I get deliveries from a sex toy website but I am embaressed by the frequency of them. My postman always does a great job of acting ignorant. If they made a comment like 'have fun' I would be annoyed. I know they know what's in there but it's still not any of their business.

agreed, packaging is ace, especially since I live with my parents and I'd rather not have them knowing what's inside :P

I had a love honey parcel for one of my colleagues daughters. He always asks in the morning if he has any post. Managed to hide it from him and delivered it to the daughter. Couldn't imagine the look on his face if he saw it.

I don't live in the UK so I don't have to deal with "the whole country knows where your box is coming from" issue, but even if I did:

A) the postman might know it's coming from LH, but will not know what's inside - I actually find it more emberrassing receiving a traffic ticket thru the post because (at least in the country where I lived up until recently) those were clearly recognisable from miles apart by anyone, not just the postie that made you sign for it;

B) people might just be ordering everyday lingerie (I care about dressing up every day, even for the office, and find LH stockings and hold-ups good value for money for example - I passionately hate tights you see) or lube (due to medical conditions needing it to make very vanilla love with their husbands) or gifts (such as massage oils and rocks for their sister's birthday) - as you can see there are a lot of 'innocent' items you can buy on here at good value so the mere fact you are buying from LH does not necessarily mean you are kinky, it could just mean you find it comfortable to shop online;

C) I would much rather have the postman think I am kinky and experimental and open-minded and most importantly "sexually happy" than frustrated and embarassed or closeted.

Revenant123 wrote:

I had a love honey parcel for one of my colleagues daughters. He always asks in the morning if he has any post. Managed to hide it from him and delivered it to the daughter. Couldn't imagine the look on his face if he saw it.

that was nice of you :)

The packaging on the first order was great. Discreet and non-discript. Second order arrived yesterday but we weren't in, neither were the neighbours. Will be collecting from the sorting office today. Postmen, couriers and sorting office staff probably get through so many parcels, they don't care who the sender is. Their job will be to get through as many deliveries as quickly and efficiently as possible. I'm sure a postman is more likely to be embarrassed delivering someones postcard from benidorm with a photo of Spain's finest on a beach wearing next to nothing.

Revenant 123 i'm sorry to hear the little joke you have is back firing. 😂

Well, if my postman 'knowingly' said 'enjoy' when handing over a LH parcel to me, I'd put a complacent smirk on my face and reply, "Thank you, I will!!!"

But yes, this is unprofessional.

However, having hidden the colleague's daughter's parcel from the eyes of the father was nice of you. Although the daughter surely knows where her father works, so she might not have expected secrecy, they might even have a good relationship and openly talk about these things amongst them.

The point I was making is that it's not 100% discreet like they advertise and thought people might like to know before ordering.

Revenant123 wrote:

The point I was making is that it's not 100% discreet like they advertise and thought people might like to know before ordering.

Well, discreet means careful and unobtrusive - and that is exactly what the parcels are. We don't say "100% undetectable"! We make all the efforts we can to respect the customer's choices and preserve their confidentiality. 

Revenant that's really unprofessional of you to potentially embarrass people on your delivery route by passing comment on their purchases. I missed a delivery once and my dad went to pick it up, the delivery office guy handed it to my dad with a massive smirk on his face then loudly exclaimed "It's from LoveHoney!" My dad told me about it when he got home and i was fuming, who the hell did that guy think he was outing where my parcel was from to my DAD?!

era, trust me, NO girl is comfortable with her dad knowing about her purchases. Me and my dad are as close as can be, he's my carer as well as my only living parent and he's my absolute best friend and hero, and i grew up with sex not being any kind of taboo, but i'm not even romtely comfortable with him knowing about my purchasing from here. My bedroom isn't off limits to my dad by any means and he helps look after several animals that are caged in there so i'm fine with him going in whenever, but i have accidentally left packaging out or my toy drawer open once or twice when he's gone in there(coincidentally it happened yesterday) so he is aware i own toys and he recognises the parcels. He's tried to talk about the fact i buy stuff or asked questions about the site/ toys and i can't get away from the topic fast enough, sadly he pushes the subject, and rarely will let me get out of it by taking "i'm not comfortable discussing this" or "it's none of your business" as an answer, and picks inappropriate places like in Tesco's to question me about it!

Revenant I have to agree with the others, it's extremely unprofessional for postal workers to make fun of customers for placing an order with Lovehoney, and to go out of their way to embarrass them. There is a reason Lovehoney try to package items discreetly and use a secret phrase, yes everyone seems to know what it is, but as you've said yourself you wouldn't want to be shown up for placing an order so I think postal workers like yourself have a duty to remain discreet and protect confidentiality.

I think because I know what the secret phrase means, Lovehoney parcels don't seem very discreet to me anymore (especially when I read posts like this), but that doesn't put me off ordering. I'm an adult and I have a sex life, why not enjoy it :)

Fair point. And I agree it is unprofessional and I apologise. Was only trying to help people out with this information.

For us the parcels being discreet is a big a problem as it is for people who still live at home and don't want there parents to see where there parcel is from but there has been a couple of times the postman has left our parcel with a neighbour instead of our safe place. So I am still glad there is discreet packaging. Lovehoney as a company want to offer this for there customers as they are a big online company there is plenty of parcels that go out daily. I have always thought if my postman buys from lovehoney then he knows where my parcel is from but the postman should be professional at all times if they know where it is from or not.

VirginAngel, I'm a girl and I have a father, I will not go into the depths of my relationship with him, let's just say I'd be happier not having my parents in my life, but I would not be embarrassed by my adult choices (be them sexual or not) in front of him or my mother. So no, not every girl avoids talking about sex or sex toys with their father.

Revenant, duly noted. Again, I am lucky as I live in a different country and I seriously doubt postmen here know about Lovehoney, but I suppose they soon will be curious about the new girl's on the block frequent plain brown boxes... However, I often see the world in black and white: I am not embarrassed by my shopping here or using toys, so why should I be in front of others? Am I or am I not embarrassed by my choices? If I'm not, I should be able to not be also publicly. But that's just me. :)