Pain after sex

I had the coil fitted at the beginning of this year, and haven't yet had a problem with it. Recently during or after sex I get a pain in my abdomen and I am convinced it is to do with my coil. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I am considering getting it removed but then I will be without contraception at all, so it's important that I find out the cause of the pain. To describe it I would have to say it's kind of like a sharp stitch pain? Hard to describe but hopefully it will help!

I got the coil fitted a year past March and I ocasionally get lower abdomen pain but its not too bad just like mild period pain. I havent had sex since it was put it so I can help you with that bit. But as long as its not to sever it should be ok.

its possible that its slipped , coils come in different sizes also if it has slipped it won't be doing its job so go get it checked

Might be worth nipping in to see a doc just be on safe side.

Yes going to get it checked... kinda worried now! The sex was worth the pain though :)

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, it's just always best to check it checked out. Its prob something very simple.

I had my coil changed in Nov last year and I have ben getting some pain like this...more so if I have a number of strong orgasms. I am off to have a chat again and may decide to have it removed so OH will be off for the snip.

On another note i worry the snip could effect our sex life...

I had the Mirena coil fitted and I got the same thing just about everytime. I got mine taken out this year and now no pain whats so ever! xxx

I've also had the Mirena Coil fitted and get pain after sex and sometimes a little vaginal bleeding.

I went to my GP to get it checked and she said it was sitting fine but the pain and bleeding I was experiencing, could be due to the following.

Sometimes, when the coil is fitted, the entrance to the cervix 'pouts' The more tender tissue from the inside of the womb is then slightly exposed and sometimes, due to deep or rough sex, this can cause abrasion of the sensitive tissue, which then causes the pain and bleeding.

I'm not saying this is a definite cause of YOUR problem, but it's something you could mention when you go and see your Dr :)

You're doing the right thing going to see the doctor!

Glad the sex was worth it ;) x

dotdashdot wrote:

You're doing the right thing going to see the doctor!

Glad the sex was worth it ;) x

Hahaha, some things in life just have to be enjoyed with a little pain >:)

xx