painful nipples?

Is it just me or does anyone else get painful nipples in the week leading up to your period? For the last 2-3 years, the week leading up they get very sensitive and feel like they are being pinched and/or twisted almost. It happens a few times a day and lasts anywhere between 5 and 15 mins generally. They become very erect, which appeals to my OH thought they can be too sensitive to the touch, and the nipples themselves go very dark red almost purple with white tips on them. I don't seem to get it at any other time so I'm assuming it's something hormonal.... Just wondered if anyone else has this or knows what might cause it.

If anyone else has it I've found putting a hot water bottle on them helps, the warmth eases them.

sharry wrote:

Is it just me or does anyone else get painful nipples in the week leading up to your period? For the last 2-3 years, the week leading up they get very sensitive and feel like they are being pinched and/or twisted almost. It happens a few times a day and lasts anywhere between 5 and 15 mins generally. They become very erect, which appeals to my OH thought they can be too sensitive to the touch, and the nipples themselves go very dark red almost purple with white tips on them. I don't seem to get it at any other time so I'm assuming it's something hormonal.... Just wondered if anyone else has this or knows what might cause it.

If anyone else has it I've found putting a hot water bottle on them helps, the warmth eases them.

I used to when I was younger. It most likely is hormonal, I know I just couldn't bear mine being touched for about a week before my period started

Thanks Paradise Found... I'm fed up with it all. It started when I was 38 ish just as painful periods were easing up. Isn't it great that we swap roll on the floor painful periods for twisted nipples! I'm not even into pain!

Thanks Paradise Found... I'm fed up with it all. It started when I was 38 ish just as painful periods were easing up. Isn't it great that we swap roll on the floor painful periods for twisted nipples! I'm not even into pain!

I have this problem as well. About 5-4 days before the period my nipples are permanently erect and very sensitive to any touch and the touch can hurt if its too much. I think its hormonal, as before the period you can feel your hormonal levels changing. Often women get even horny just before menstruation due to the hormonal levels changing rapidly.

My OH has something similar.

I also gets really ticklish at random times, it can be annoying.

Loves huni that's what I say as well.

Thanks all, sorry you get it but it's nice to know it's not just me. None of my friends and family have it so thought it best to see if it's 'common'.

i get it too,

my nipples get thicker as well as more sensitive.