Pancake Day - How do you eat yours?

Inspired by conversations about food with boobaloo - & since its Pancake Day on tuesday - I was wondering how everyone ate their Pancakes?

I have mine with a splodge of raspberry jam in the middle, then rolled up in a tube with lemon juice & sugar sprinkled over the top.

nutella and banana.... nyummy

depends, normaly have mayple syrup, choc spread, lemon, sugar although not all at the same time :P

I don't.

I used to make them as a kid but I don't like 'em!

Either really sickly sweet with sugar & golden syrup

or

with stewed apple in them.

Have tried ham and beans for a savory one, but not my thing.

xL-Yx

American style with blueberries and cherries, with honey greek yoghurt, and a sprinkle of chopped almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon.

I will have a vanilla sauce made up to go with this sometimes and maybe some ice cream.

British pancakes I have orange juice freshly squeezed, cinnamon and brown sugar.

I also make home made filled pancakes with a cheesey centre and bread crumbs on one side... sometimes I fill them with creamy sauce and chicken(well quorn in my case) and some herbs.

These are some of the things I make.

I used to work in a restaurant where the chef was ah-may-zing! My shift was Tuesday so I was always in on pancake day! He'd make us fresh pancakes stuffed with ice cream and home made fruit or toffee or brandy sauces - they were SO good!

When I'm in Derbyshire dad makes crepe style pancakes and I have them with sugar and lemon.

I can't make those (read: too lazy to make those) so I use to American style pancake mixtures and have them with hot maple syrup and add crozzly bacon for a treat!

Adx

Sugar and lemon juice mmm-mm

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I used to work in a restaurant where the chef was ah-may-zing! My shift was Tuesday so I was always in on pancake day! He'd make us fresh pancakes stuffed with ice cream and home made fruit or toffee or brandy sauces - they were SO good!

When I'm in Derbyshire dad makes crepe style pancakes and I have them with sugar and lemon.

I can't make those (read: too lazy to make those) so I use to American style pancake mixtures and have them with hot maple syrup and add crozzly bacon for a treat!

Adx

That should say "my dad" (otherwise the D should be capitalised -it's bugging the pedant in me).

Adx

Sugar n lemon or golden syrup usually.

But once... I had pancakes with cream, champagne and blueberries. YUM!

Maple Syrup, but doubt I will have any, not that fussed.....

Just lots and lots of sugar.

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

Oooh that's where I am from origionally, where do you go to ?

Hmmm... so many posibilities... with strawberry jam made by my grandmother and ice cream, or possible chocolate (nuttela) and nuts... so many options to choose from...

Lemon and sugar on mine.... plain and simple =)

Freshly squeezed saville oranges, Grand Marnier, a little sugar and then more Grand Marnier. Serve with a glass of... You guessed it. :)

I'm so excited by the thread!!!

I love love love pancake day!!!

I have it with chocolate spread or lemon and sugar or syrup.... with jam.... i'm not fussy as long as its hot!!!

xGHx

GHxx wrote:

I'm so excited by the thread!!!

I love love love pancake day!!!

I have it with chocolate spread or lemon and sugar or syrup.... with jam.... i'm not fussy as long as its hot!!!

xGHx

Hee hee hee!! Me too!! External Media

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

This has caught my eye.

I love my pancakes with maple syrup. Whats it like hot? And sorry for sounding stupid ( being a cook ) How do you heat it up? ie... do you put the jar in some hot/warm water for a few minutes or poor the syrup into a pan and heat it?

going to try a banana one with a slice of smoked bacon saw it on hairy bikers the other nght looked quite nice