Parents - How Often do you have sex?

It can depend really, sometimes every night and then other times not for weeks.

Work, house work and general tiredness can get in the way.

Kids are too young for morning to be an option as they just come into the room as soon as they wake up.

Ours are 10 & 13 and I guess we average about 1-2 times a week. Like most the others here it does depend on what else is going on in our lives but we do try to make time for ourselves.

Recently we have been trying to do it in the late afternoons instead of waiting until kids are in bed, especialy as during the school hols this can be 9.30 - 10. By that time we are often too knackered to really do it even if we had both been pretty randy earlier. As we have a 3 story house it's quite simple to tell the kids that Mum & Dad are going upstairs for a 'lie down' and leave them on the ground floor where they can't hear if we make a bit of noise!

This afternoon was a perfect example :)

Having 5 kids aged from 2-14, me and hubby don't get much couple time so some wks we r lucky to have it once (but we make the most of it). Then other wks it's 3-4 times. All depends on kids sleeping through the night. During the day we always have at least 1 around.

When having so many kids it can be a juggling act, ![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif)

WAY LESS than BC (before children), look get as much as you can when young as it does get less as you get older, we're lucky if it's once a week, with kids that don't sleep, early mornings, late nights, life in general, my daughter has ADHD and can easily stay awake until 2am makes things hard.

We have a 1 and 3 year old. Plus three step kids. At the moment we are doing it every day but we went through a couple of months recently where we only did it about once a week.
Depends on life circumstances. Hubby started a new job a few months ago, we moved house to a new country and I had to give up my job which left me feeling low. All those things mixed together left me with zero sex drive.

But now libdo is back and sex life it back I being healthy again

Probably average about two-three times a week. Really. It's like all the planets have to be in alignment though: wee one in bed at a reasonable time; noone feeling ill; neither of us being too tired; wee one staying in bed etc.

Kids aged 6 and 9 are making it more interesting, although they do sleep soundly once they are asleep!! More recently it has been mornings with the kids entertaining themselves in the kitchen/living area. They have been advised to knock before entering if the door is closed :-)

I have a 20 yr old and a 29yr old and his 2yr old son back at home
Needless to say me and the wife are struggling
A bit at the moment it s once every six to eight weeks
To be honest we are both getting a bit pissed
Off
Things ain't good at minuet

About 2 to 3 times a week.![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

at least twice week

We have a 4yo and a 3yo. It is the most rewarding yet demanding aspects of our lives (wouldn’t change it for the world of course). Must admit though, it hasn’t been without strain on our physical relationship over the years. With us both working, having 2 children, and most recently moving into in-laws whilst we bank for new property... well let's just say it doesn’t lend itself to the fun, sex fuelled weeks we used to enjoy. On the upside we both recognised the effect that these external factors were having on our libidos and made a concerted effort to make sure we wouldn’t drift apart during this time in our lives. We now have a sex night on Saturdays (makes me cringe a little admitting it) where we both know it is "expected" and on the cards. The idea was that neither one of us would be left disappointed or disgruntled on the nights that one "felt the urge" and the other just washes up and headed to bed without so much as a peck on the cheek. To start with it was a bit odd having such a structured agreement to what has always been so free and fun and random, but it is working for us massively in this environment. We have both aimed that this is the "minimum" with a view that more "organic" liaisons may return to our sex lives over time but I suspect that won’t happen until we are in our own house again. ... WOW - talking like this makes sex boring!!! hope it helps anyway x

3-4 ish sometimes its nice to wait a while 4 days can make it more intense. First few months or so after having children it was a lot less, when my OH was pregenant it was like a switch went off on my sex drive not sure why.

We have 2 kids and it's usually once a week depending. However because of stresses and things we can go 2 weeks or more without. Just both run out of time and are tired but one is only 5 months so he kills us off chasing around after his every whimper haha

2-3 times a week depending on how things are at work, if I'm doing a lot of overtime it's maybe only once a week. The LO doesn't get in the way, they sleep really well.

Twice this week one of the kids has woken up just as we went to bed! Twice In one week!!
Mine are 7 and 13!
So I was extremely horny and didn't get it, spent hours trying to get to sleep because I was so horny!!! The other half didn't seem to have any issues with sleeping.
And tonight I have work so by the time I get to bed it will be past 11pm and will have to get up at 7:30 Friday.
So I won't get any for a day or so now!!!
FFs!!!

Easy answer not as much as we'd like. 3 kids 8,7 and 2.Work has just changed my shift patterns and the only way to sort out child care was to get an au pair, she's in the next. So not only seeing each other very infrequently, now have to get rid of suspect buzzing from the bedroom.

Oh well at least a bit of titilation fron the lovehoney forum and a virtual shoulder to cry on.

We have 4 kids (7, twins who are 11 & 16yr old). We have sex about 5-6 times a week. If we are lucky and the kids are downstairs we'll have a quickie during the day too.
I think what helps us is that we send rude messages to each other throughout the day ;-)

Just found this thread.... interesting to see what other parents are facing, I now realise we don't have sex near enough as most 😕

Wow. I have a 9 month old (just one) and we can just about manage once every 2 to 3 weeks - and I thought that was amazing! Some of the guys/gals in our antenatal group haven't yet had sex since the birth of their little one - and some of the girls are still complaining about pain/bleeding. (Despite trying to encourage them to the GP as much as possible)

We have 4 kids aged from 5 to 14, we have always had a very active sex life before and throughout pregnancies, and we average about 4-5 times a week, this can go up or down depending on our work, the kids, noone being ill, tiredness etc. We try to make an effort to make time for connecting with each other to the point we will go to our bedroom after putting kids to bed, take a bath or shower together and chill with candles, music and talk. Sex is our time where it truly is just us!

Lilmiss