People's reaction to your collection

Mr. B and I have a huge collection of toys. We are very open about. Our family and friends all know. I am not a shy individual at all, so I am open to talk about it with anyone. Our friends usually come to us first for advise if they are looking for something new. They can love and appreciate us for who we are or they don't need to be in our lives... We have never lost a friend or family over it. :)

I'm very open about this subject, everyone does it. Why not speak openly about it? If they don't do it in my opinion they're just weird.

But usually when I discuss this topic with other or show them the collection of toys I have in the huge trunk under my bed, they seem thrilled with it.. They say it's like a sex shop! Sometimes they're shocked by the vast amount of toys and contraptions I actually own. Haha

GeekyEleanor wrote:

The majority of our toys are meant to be used together. My OH and I bought them together, doing our research together, and deciding together what to buy and what to leave out of our parcel (usually because of money issues).
A couple of close friends know I have sex toys, but not what kind. My best friend knows about everything I buy and sometimes comes to me asking for an advice about what to buy and what not.

Those who know are pretty chill with it. One was surprised to learn I'm on the submissive side of BDSM, but that's because usually I tend to be a bit of a control freak and he couldn't believe I was actually able to relinquish control to someone else, most of all in bed. Took a while to explain it to him, but he was absolutely OK with the sex toys collection. It's not like they look at me differently because I have a kinky drawer.

I am very similar, I'm normally a bit of a control freak and a bit OCD about things, I tend to be the one that keeps things running in our house, organising appointments, looking after money etc, but when it comes to the bedroom, I prefer oh to lead. To be honest, he's much better at it than me anyway.