People's reaction to your collection

I'm just wondering who do you discuss your sex toys with and what was their initial reaction to it? Whether you are single and openly discuss it with friends? And if you meet a potential new partner, do you tell them early on? Maybe they have the same interests? Or if you're in a relationship, does your oh know? Did you start your collection before meeting them? Or was it after, did you discuss the idea as a couple? Is one of you more open/adventurous than the other?

Having only been a LH member for a few weeks now, and never having experience of sex toys before, I am definitely enjoy this new turn in our life. To be honest, I always felt that if you needed toys to enhance your sex life, then maybe you weren't compatible with that partner-how wrong was I! My oh and I have always spoke openly, and we joked about sex toys, but recently I decided that I would surprise him by buying a few things, nothing hardcore (no whips and chains yet). But just little things-new underwear, lube, massage oil, cock ring, bullet, some card games. I had been teasing him that I bought some bdsm material and I think he had been thinking the worst! Needless to say when he seen the box of goodies, he was relieved, pleasantly surprised and excited. Whilst I don't think we will embrace toys every time we have sex, I think we will have great fun exploring together, and already having a relationship where we can talk openly about anything, I think this will only enhance our communication as well. I can't imagine I would discuss this side of my life with anyone other than him, or on LH forums.

Had best mate and his OH around for a holiday weekend and had forgotten to take all the toys from the bedside cabinet. Best mate discovered them and asked for a loan (all well washable!) which led to him offering me a loan of a couple of things he'd bought along. Anyway those three nights saw a lot of action with all four of us. He and his OH we introduced to the delights of the Fat Boy and my other half and I to the Adonis Extender. Same but different. Also did an underwear swap - all clean of course - so he could surprise his OH with my Envy Jockstrap and me show off my package with an item LH doesn't stock so I can't mention.

No one know. It's mine and my OHs dirty little (actually getting quite big) secret! I love that about it and it makes it feel even more exciting that there is this whole other side to us that no one else gets to see or hear about. My O.h told him mate at work that I was being sent some lingerie to try. I think he just wanted to brag a bit. That's okay but nothing more. I like to keep this side of life private..... Of course appart from on the forums!

I started using them when I was already with my boyfriend so he knows. My friends don't really talk about that kind of thing, but I wouldn't hide anything if the discussion came up. My boyfriend discusses it all fairly openly with his friends.

My OH and I decided together to try new things but we don't discuss it with anyone else-it's our sexy secret and Love Honeys! You need like minded people to share these things with as not everyone is so open minded.

All my swinging friends know. Some envy my collection of toys, especially the glass toys, but then again, a lot think it's a bit too excessive! Oooops! ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

Our growing collection of Lovehoney goodies remains a secret shared by my oh and me.

Our young adult daughter, who lives at home, knows some LH parcels have been delivered as she has rescued them from the safe place; she refers disparagingly to "your dildo collection" but doesn't know the half of it!

2 close girlfriends know bits n pieces but not the whole kit... one is on my wave length and we share toy ideas and whats good, the other is fascinated but thinks im kinky (her word ) lol xx but I enjoy sharing with stories with her as shes so vanilla.

Obviously oh knows it all backwards ;)

A couple of very close friends know about my 'Other' interests but not real details, thats between myself and my partner

Nobody knows anything about mine. Although one person has baselessly but rightly accused me of having a load.

Don't really discuss toys with two best friend's.

I'd been thinking about buying a dildo/vibrator for a while and one night after me and my partner had made love and was having a cuddle after to my surprise my partner said how much he'd like to use a dildo or vibrator anally on me while having sex.

The rest is history :) I have a pretty big collection now three big boxes full. When we get the room I'm hoping to buy a XL lockabke ottoman to keep all my toys and other bits and bobs in.

My mum knows I have a sex toy collection and she has seen some of toys (her opinion is that having such stuff is quite normal for a geeky young girl, particularly for one who does not have a boyfriend).

I have not really discussed my collection with anyone else, I don't think anyone around me is close enough to me, they don't need to know about such private matters.

If I had a boyfriend, I would tell him - to be perfectly honest, seeing I would be bound to tell him the highly unusual fact that I am still a never-been-kissed virgin, even though I am in my late 20s, I think that mentioning I have some sex toys would be a relatively minor matter. At least it would kind of answer the question what did I do to.. hem hem... enjoy myself without a partner...

I've no problem discussing my collection with anyone.

At work my collection is know as the "toy box" and most of them know I read erotic fiction.

Over Christmas I treated myself to the lh wand, which is know at work by the fellas as "the hammer"

Last Wednesday about 10 of us(male and female) were talking about rampent rabbits, and other toys.

I've even been asked for gift recommendations for wives I've never met.

I guess were pretty open about stuff like that at work.

The majority of our toys are meant to be used together. My OH and I bought them together, doing our research together, and deciding together what to buy and what to leave out of our parcel (usually because of money issues).
A couple of close friends know I have sex toys, but not what kind. My best friend knows about everything I buy and sometimes comes to me asking for an advice about what to buy and what not.

Those who know are pretty chill with it. One was surprised to learn I'm on the submissive side of BDSM, but that's because usually I tend to be a bit of a control freak and he couldn't believe I was actually able to relinquish control to someone else, most of all in bed. Took a while to explain it to him, but he was absolutely OK with the sex toys collection. It's not like they look at me differently because I have a kinky drawer.

I was Hubby's first (he's 6 years younger than me) and he was extremely keen to experiment with all my toys. We now have a massive collection which is constantly added to by both of us. My 2 daughters are aware and are happy to chat about this topic, they are 20 and 22. Outside of our immediate family I chat to my sister who just says that nothing I do surprises her any more !

My wife introduced toys to me, she felt there was something missing, she was right showing me the start of something lovely.

My boyfriend introduced me to LH so he knows everything haha ^_^

I did tell a few of my friends at uni, the 2 girls I did were utterly horrified and they just think I'm a bigger weirdo than I already am, they are slightly prudish so I expected that and my guy friends I've told one felt uncomfortable then laughed about it and the other wasn't surprised and tried guessing what I have ^_^

MissNoir wrote:

My boyfriend introduced me to LH so he knows everything haha ^_^

I did tell a few of my friends at uni, the 2 girls I did were utterly horrified and they just think I'm a bigger weirdo than I already am, they are slightly prudish so I expected that and my guy friends I've told one felt uncomfortable then laughed about it and the other wasn't surprised and tried guessing what I have ^_^

Your friends don't know what they are missing. What do you have.........

We built our collection together through the years, as we grew more confident with each other the collection grew. We don't exactly shout about our goody bag but people know it exsits without too much detail of its contents.