Treating Ingrown Hairs

I shaved my chest recently which I hadnt done in quiet a while. Despite exfoliating daily and using anti bacterial soap I have an out break of ingrown hairs. Planning on removing each one with a tweezers and treating with anti septic cream. Is there anything else I should do.

Itll be waxing or trimmimg from now on, definitely not going through this again.

Thanks

Dark

3 Likes

I sometimes got them on my chin after shaving. I just tweezered them out, and used neat vodka on them. Worked for me.

2 Likes

Usually if I’m shaving, I’ll exfoliate with a sugar scrub or coffee grounds really really well, shave, and then make sure I blast the areas with cold water before I get out.

Hitting the areas you’ve shaved with cold water closes your pores, and will also help prevent irritation! But waxing is most likely going to give you more relief from ingrowns.

Hope this helps though! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you. Think my razor will be reserved to face only from now on :smile:.

Ill try that tonight. Its driving me mad as I wear a shirt for work and its constantly been irritated.

1 Like

I think any spirit will work.

Treat them from the inside out. Shots anyone ? :smile::smile:

1 Like

Ouch! I feel your pain and defo wouldn’t recommend waxing as I sense you’ll only get the same results with ingrown hairs.
What I’d do is use an electric trimmer on its shortest cut setting which usually is 1-3mm and that way you’ll have very trim hair but not so it’s down to the skin pores which is when your prone to get ingrowth.
Hope this helps!

1 Like

It won’t help on this occassion but for anyone who does suffer with ingrown hairs there is a product called Tend Skin sold in a blue bottle (and now way more expensive than it was when I first started using it!) but it’s amazing at preventing ingrown hairs. I used to get lots of really bad ones shaving my bikini area and now, using this after, not a one. Can’t recommend highly enough.

( @Lovehoney_Brenna hopefully okay to mention this product as Lovehoney don’t sell any post shaving stuff to prevent ingrown hairs to my knowledge but thought I should tag you just in case?)

3 Likes

My partner gets terrible in growing hairs so thanks for the product recommendation. Il get him to give it a try

1 Like

how does it do???

It does very well.

I don’t know the science. I apply after shaving my pubic area and I don’t get any ingrown hairs that I used to suffer from very badly every time I shaved.

This is a detailed review I have found from a quick Google. It goes into all the ingredients and what they do, the good and the bad. Please read the full article but the conclusion at the end is:

Really our one problem with this product is the inclusion of alcohol.

Apart from that it has provided spectacular results to a very large amount of people and there are many who swear by it.

It lasts forever, prevents razor burn, soothes irritated skin, helps to avoid ingrown hairs, and has many other applications.

We definitely recommend this product but also recommend finding a good moisturiser to go along with it.

1 Like