piercings

I had my nipple pierced quite a few years ago. It never really healed properly and was more sore than pleasurable. I took it out a few months before getting pregnant. It was was sexy to have it but I wouldn't bother again. I'm too much of a wimp to get genitals pierced, I'm too scared to get waxed!!

WildThing wrote:

Really like belly piercings and little nose studs but what happens if you sneeze!.... Delicately lovely!

Lol! I used to think that about nose piercings but then I got my nose pierced and nothing happens when you sneeze. I wondered about when you get a cold does mucous ooze out through the hole but it doesn't hehe.

I had my belly pierced about 3 weeks ago so it's still healing but I love the way it looks, makes me feel sexier too. The belly piercings are kinda intimate without being sexual I think. I know what I mean anyway lol.

I also have ears pierced. I used to have my lip pierced and I loved it, it was in for about 18 months. One day I took it out to go to the dentist ( I knew he'd lecture me about the effect it was having on my gums) and I couldn't get it in again :-(

I have a friend who has her nipples pierced and one who has her clit pierced. I just don't think I would be brave enough! My OH wouldn't like it if I got my nipples done either, the thought makes him really squeamish.

I have several different piercings, Labrette, Both Nipples, Ears and also had my arm pierced, a surface piercing on my wrist.

Fascinated by the surface piercings FrozenAngel, how long do they take to heal? Do you not keep catching it on your clothes? I like how they look but wondered about the practicalities of them.

I really liked mine, I had it done several years ago when I was in college, I then had to take it out after about two years, as I started working a job as security on club doors, for health and safety.

It took a good few weeks to heal, and sometimes would be a little sore if I slept on it funny. I really liked how it looked and would probably get it done again. If I was doing something then I'd generally wear a wrist band like item that I'd put on my wrist and cover it, but otherwise it didn't really get caught.

My mate had the back of her neck pierced which looked really cool.

i used to be HEAVY into piercings , at my height of obsession i had three in lower lip , 2 in tongue , 2 in right nostril one septum , two in the bridge of my nose , eyebrow , both nipples and bellybutton , all at one time ( not pierced all at once , but had all in at once ) no im old and boring i only keep my tongue , septum and two in my nosrils . ahhh i yearn for my misspent youth sometimes .. it was SO long agi !!!

and frozen , by surface piercing do you mean the skin divers or dermal anchors ? or are you just talking surface piercing as in the same as eyebrow .. just through one part of surface flesh , no anchoring or flesh removal ?

sexynurse09 wrote:

Fascinated by the surface piercings FrozenAngel, how long do they take to heal? Do you not keep catching it on your clothes? I like how they look but wondered about the practicalities of them.

Surface piercings can take AGES to heal. Sometimes they never do, if the wrong jewellery or technique is used. Definitely do your research!

I've been lucky enough to have the back of my neck pierced for 6 years now, however my cleavage (which I had done first by a less skilled piercer) only lasted a few weeks before it grew out.

I've never really caught mine on clothing but I'm quite aware of new body mods when I get them. Hair brushes can be a little interesting on the back of the neck!

I trained as a body piercer originally so am definitely a fan of (pretty much) all piercings, though it's been a long time since I was pierced.

Don't make the mistake of thinking a body piercing is like having your ears pierced. Some body piercings take months / years to fully heal to the point where they don't need "babysitting" anymore, particularly surface and cartilage piercings. For example, although I've had my neck pierced for years now, but I still have to clean it every day, so it's a dedication!

As with anything just be safe and do your research. Oh, and AFTERCARE, AFTERCARE, AFTERCARE!!! Sooo many people loose a piercing simply because it "looked" healed.... don't make that mistake! :)

rubysoho wrote:

i used to be HEAVY into piercings , at my height of obsession i had three in lower lip , 2 in tongue , 2 in right nostril one septum , two in the bridge of my nose , eyebrow , both nipples and bellybutton , all at one time ( not pierced all at once , but had all in at once ) no im old and boring i only keep my tongue , septum and two in my nosrils . ahhh i yearn for my misspent youth sometimes .. it was SO long agi !!!

I have to say I miss my other peircings too, Mostly just have my Labrette now and my ears (Normal lobes) It does sometimes make me miss my youth. And does feel so long ago.

It was just the same as an eyebrow Ruby through the flesh on my atm, with a bar inbetween.

Don't have any of my delicate parts done. I did used to have both sides of my bottom lip nose tongue an top an bottom of my belly an my ears stretched

i only have my tongue still in

I got both my nipples pierced about 9 months ago, I absolutely LOVE them but they're taking their sweet time to settle down.

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

sexynurse09 wrote:

Surface piercings can take AGES to heal. Sometimes they never do, if the wrong jewellery or technique is used. Definitely do your research!

I've been lucky enough to have the back of my neck pierced for 6 years now, however my cleavage (which I had done first by a less skilled piercer) only lasted a few weeks before it grew out.

I've never really caught mine on clothing but I'm quite aware of new body mods when I get them. Hair brushes can be a little interesting on the back of the neck!

I trained as a body piercer originally so am definitely a fan of (pretty much) all piercings, though it's been a long time since I was pierced.

Don't make the mistake of thinking a body piercing is like having your ears pierced. Some body piercings take months / years to fully heal to the point where they don't need "babysitting" anymore, particularly surface and cartilage piercings. For example, although I've had my neck pierced for years now, but I still have to clean it every day, so it's a dedication!

As with anything just be safe and do your research. Oh, and AFTERCARE, AFTERCARE, AFTERCARE!!! Sooo many people loose a piercing simply because it "looked" healed.... don't make that mistake! :)

my dermal anchors never healed around my eye , so i just had the scars tattooed over with litttle stars , as i loved having something there but wasnt ever gonna bother with having them redone and risk exascerbating the scar tissue . its sad when piercings dont 'take' for want of a better word .. my nipples never fully healed any time i had them done . just the way it goes innit

rubysoho wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

sexynurse09 wrote:

my dermal anchors never healed around my eye , so i just had the scars tattooed over with litttle stars , as i loved having something there but wasnt ever gonna bother with having them redone and risk exascerbating the scar tissue . its sad when piercings dont 'take' for want of a better word .. my nipples never fully healed any time i had them done . just the way it goes innit

Yeah, Nipples take forever too. I've had mine for about 7 years and they still play up ocassionally. Sucks but I love them too much to take them out!!

Bio-Oil is great for smoothing scar tissue :)

*****Product Testing Opportunity******

Anyone here have their tongue pierced (preferably in the centre of your tongue) and fancy trying out a potential product?

The toy comes with a 1.6 x 14mm barbell and can be worn through your piercing.

Anyone who's keen, let me know!

Id be happy to help out

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Anyone here have their tongue pierced (preferably in the centre of your tongue) and fancy trying out a potential product?

definitely interested !

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

got an email of cass saying i got pick so just wanted to say a quick thanks :)

yummy mummy91 wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

got an email of cass saying i got pick so just wanted to say a quick thanks :)

same here . cheers LH

Find it a massive turn on. Not a big fan of tattoos and pearcings all over the face, but rings in the nipples and downstairs would really get me going. Not found the right woman, maybe one day...

With regards to more unusual piercings i have both nips and my tongue done, no regrets at all.
Tongue piercings are great to fidget with and nips look great blinged out!
Recommend them both :D

Don't think i'd have the courage to get anything done down there though!