Pole Dancing- anyone ever tried it?

I'd love to learn how to pole dance and be able to do it at home for my oh wearing some sexy sky high stilettoes with maybe some suspenders and a sexy lingerie set on or a flirty chemise or something, I know he would love to see it. It would be an extra special treat and a welcome home present as I don't see him often as he works away alot.

I have seen pole dancing lesson days/weekends but they are so expensive, and a woman not far from my home does lessons either in groups or on a one to one basis. I'd love to learn it but I don't have alot of body confidence to get it out in front of anybody (I know the lessons basically require you to wear a vest top and shorts ect), least of all my oh, even though he loves my body. I'd feel daft prancing around, even if I did get the moves right. He says he loves my bum, but for me that's the bit of my body I hate most, as well as me being self conscious of my thighs which are probably the biggest proportion of my body. I am a typical pear body shaped woman, I am slim and petite up top with a small-average 30c bust with most of my figure sitting at my bum and thighs, although I am not fat or overweight and sit at a 5' 5'' height. I am I suppose an 'average' size 12 but I hate it. I'd love to learn pole dancing to be able to tone my body up a bit and add some strength to my body too. It's something I've always wanted to do. I've even gone as far as putting my own playlist together and watching the techniques used on online videos. I've mentioned to my friend about trying it out together but she has the same issues as I do really.

I have had this on my wishlist for ages now, but its quite expensive and even if I got it, we couldn't use it in our home due to landlord restrictions ect... and the roof would probably cave in anyway knowing our luck and my oh's D.I.Y?!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16675

rb

xx

Ronnie i know one of my friends have started doing it for getting fit if they are still doing it i dont know i rarly speak to them they just said on the fb profile, as for attatching the pole if you read the description it does say it can be put up with no perminant fixing but there is that option if you wanted it personally i think it would be safer with it and then all you need to do is attatch to a beam in the roof, a few knocks to find should do the trick and im no diy expert! lol

I really like this, and teamed with the right pair of heels I think would look nice..and leave a little mystery still.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16179

Thanks MrSarcastic, I have looked into the non-fixtures poles but you can't do all the moves on them, they are for 'mock' moves only.

rb

xx

Ronnie, I agree with your sentements entirely - this is something I'd love to try. I had the option of doing it as a club thing at uni during my undergrad, but I passed up the opportunity, and that is one of my few regrets. Like you, I feel it would do wonders for my fitness, my confidence, and consequently time in the bedroom with my OH.

Please keep us posted on how your investigations/experiences go - maybe I'll find the confidence, the opportunity and the finances to do likewise soon!

Thanks KK, I hope you are able to take up the opportunity again when it comes your way. I shall look into it more and keep you all updated.

xx

Aaah i didnt know that ronnie, not something ive personally looked into so yes fixing would definatlly have to be done. End of the day though as long as the landlord does not do spot inspections or anything there shouldnt be any bother, it would only be 6-8 holes altogether at a guess in total could easilly be patched up. I know if i had a OH and she said she wanted one in spare room i would whip it up and then when council came round either 1. take it down or 2. leave it up let them see end of the day im paying rent and its not causing any harm if pout up like i said on a supporting beam.

Yup - me too would love to do this. But I think you can wear what you're comfortable in, at first at least. And then I think the more you did it the more confidence you would gain and so would want to wear skimpier clothing.

Oh and apparently the work-out benefits are great. Thing is I don't think I'd want to do it on my own and I don't know anyone who would do it with me

yes that's fair enough and a good point, I might look into it more then. thank you.

xx

I'd do it with you DRA! lol

x x

He he - bet we live at opposite ends of the bloody country!

I'd join you! So, through Sod's law, that makes three different areas of the country!

lol, it'd be just our luck?!

xx

lol.

xx

Well before I'd commit to whizzing round the pole is that your bum in your avi Ronnie? And is that you KittyKat? Need to know who I'm gonna be dancing with

lol. I wish! x

I second that! Although, having said that, I'm now quite tempted to take a photo like that with my OH... Maybe I'll wait until after some dancing to take the photo!

what a great idea KK!

xx

Ha ha - it is a rather nice bum

hmmm you've got me thinking about this now. I really want to do it - ever heard of Groupon? They sent me a mail the other day about discounted pole dancing lessons but I think I eventually deleted it because I didn't think I'd do anything with them....

I get them but they're only valid for the day aren't they?

I'm going to have to confess my ignorance about Groupon...