Position help?

Hi guys,

I have a disability which prevents me from kneeling. For months now I’ve wanted to surprise my husband by straddling’ him. The problem is my knee will not give me that flexibility. We do have the stool we bought last year or so from love honey but I want to be able to feel his legs at the side of mine etc. Does anyone know of ways to try and fulfill that desire without injuring myself??

2 Likes

My OH has Rheumatoid Arthritis since she was about 40, we just have to accept some positions from our youth are out of the question now. We strive to adapt and make sure we have a laugh and make the most of the positions we can manage. I wish i could be more helpful, but i bet your OH will be happy whatever you can manage.

2 Likes

You mention knee, is it just one that limits you or two? If it’s only one giving you bother is it possible for your husband to be on the edge of the bed or a sofa and your one leg to dangle and support with the floor or a stool?

Straddling looks to be a broad term looking on Google but another option might be to use a sex swing to take most your weight off and your husband could sit on a chair below the swing. Most attach to a door frame, but there’s probably solutions that would work on a bed.

Hopefully you find something!

1 Like

Hey @Fun_Funky! There’s definitely ways round being on top but without kneeling. It obviously depends on exactly what positions your knees can be in, and how much strain you can put on hands/ankles, but I’d suggest having a look at this thread - Positions of the Week - @Ian_Chimp has done a very helpful picture compilation which I find really helpful for a quick look when I’m looking for new ideas!

Some that I think may be suitable for you:

They might not meet all requirements, and don’t all result in your thighs meeting, but may give you some ideas based off what you think you would manage. What I would say, is to just enjoy trying them out. If you’re both aware of what you can and cannot do, then see what you can work out together safely - that’s all part of the fun! :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you for your replies. @WillC I’m just 40 too. We never had much of an exciting sex life previously just to in worked trauma on my behalf and now I keep thinking I’ve left it too late.

@AFudge it’s both knees but my right is particularly bad. I can’t even kneel on the sofa. To grab something etc. I worry about the privacy with a swing. We have 2 young children at home.

@SexInTheCity thank you for the positions I think I could manage the spider. We’re just coming to bed now so may suggest it :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Hi @Fun_Funky some good tips from @SexInTheCity hot seat is good you can put your feet on the floor if your knees won’t take being bent. It is great that your trying but as @WillC says as we get older need to listen to our bodies and limitations . Just use whatever positions work for you and accept them enjoy and have fun I’m sure the OH won’t mind. Good luck

2 Likes

Looking at the positive aspect, it has actually encouraged us to experiment with different positions and using things like cushions or rolled up blankets, and different items of furniture. Above all, if something doesn’t quite work, just laugh it off and try something else.

1 Like