Post office - returns

mrs average wrote:

Beedrill I think it's very unprofesional to ask someone what's in their parcel, I wouldn't dream os asking my customers what they intend on doing with their purchases it's none of my business.
I'm equally as annoyed when drawing money from the bank when the cashire says things like "so are you going on a spending spree? Or is that for a holiday?" It's just plain rude, and then they insist on counting it out for you aloud in £10s and £20s so that everyone in your bank can hear how much cash you're carrying!!
Sorry maybe this should have been in the rant allert thread! Lol

I had this when paying in a large cheque, 'oh thats a big amount doing something nice with it?'

' No it's the payout on my husband's life insurance'

She didn't know what to say or do next, I could almost feel her praying for the ground to open up.

xGGx

I receive packages from an american company that label the box as containing "silicone sculptures" This is a not exactly much of a code, but I think it sounds cool. :D It makes my vagina feel like an art critic.

i've reused some of my boxes for posting ebay stuff i found the smaller lovehoney boxes are the perfect size for posting a pair of shoes if the counter staff at the post office are so insistent on knowing whats in the box tell them shoes

myghost wrote:

i've reused some of my boxes for posting ebay stuff i found the smaller lovehoney boxes are the perfect size for posting a pair of shoes if the counter staff at the post office are so insistent on knowing whats in the box tell them shoes

I went to the p.o with my dad the other day to return something in an LH box.

Before he asked me what I'd returned and told him shoes...didn't suspect a thing. Perfect size!

I've returned a few items recently to different companies and know one has asked me yet. Have a LH return to do tomorrow so will see if they can be bothered to ask x

I've returned a few items recently to different companies and know one has asked me yet. Have a LH return to do tomorrow so will see if they can be bothered to ask x

ghostgirl wrote:

mrs average wrote:

Beedrill I think it's very unprofesional to ask someone what's in their parcel, I wouldn't dream os asking my customers what they intend on doing with their purchases it's none of my business.
I'm equally as annoyed when drawing money from the bank when the cashire says things like "so are you going on a spending spree? Or is that for a holiday?" It's just plain rude, and then they insist on counting it out for you aloud in £10s and £20s so that everyone in your bank can hear how much cash you're carrying!!
Sorry maybe this should have been in the rant allert thread! Lol

I had this when paying in a large cheque, 'oh thats a big amount doing something nice with it?'

' No it's the payout on my husband's life insurance'

She didn't know what to say or do next, I could almost feel her praying for the ground to open up.

xGGx

I used to work for a bank, they have to ask it's a big part of their job, and if they don't ask they get pulled up on why they didn't ask and can get marked down put on what they called back then 'steps' basically like a probabtionary thing with so many giving you extra training then a legitimate reason to give you warnings/let you go since it's actually the job description.

They ask about the money ect for a holiday so they can approach the holiday insurance with the 'added account' the oh that's a lot of money is so they have a lead to open with 'have you considered a savings account it's got a higher rate of interest' I hated asking this kind of stuff, but if I didn't I'd be marked down for 'not approaching' on a potential sale, and most of a bank staffs job is the actual sale. They have so many different accounts, so for me it was like in a four week period, I had to sell two loans, one loan with PPI, three credit cards, two upgraded package accounts, three current accounts, 4 savings accounts and 2 ISAs. You also had to get insurance quotes and mortgage quotes on there too. It's a nightmare for the advisor because they're required to pretty much approach on EVERYTHING.

In regards to their parcel policy it's just silly. Non of their buis.

I’m of the belief that they should do what they do at airports and display a list of prohibited items to be seen be people in the queue and at the counter and ask if any of those items are in there. There is no need for them to know the exact contents. Even on customs declarations you can be vague and just include categories and not exact item descriptions.

I’d be so irritated by the whole business of being badgered about it that I’d be just tell them in the end and ask if they wanted a look. But that’s because I have limited patience for going in circles.

I returned some items today (clearing out again as we may be moving house) and the postie didn't ask at all. I had the unoriginal idea of saying they were shoes though (when in reality they were three vibes!) :P