Problem at work

I work as a receptionist and some of the clients at the firm I work for flirt/banter with me lightheartedly I don't mind this because it brightens up my day, but there is this one client who makes me feel really uncomfortable he just stares at me like a piece of meat and when he talks to me I feel really gross and creeped out should I tell someone or am I just being crazy

I'd tell someone. Maybe you can get someone else to coincidentally be there when he shows up at some point, see if they agree with you. Is there anyone else who does the receptionist job to cover for you when you're on holiday and lunch break? If there is, it could be worth seeing if they've had similar experiences.

Cat Lady wrote:

I'd tell someone. Maybe you can get someone else to coincidentally be there when he shows up at some point, see if they agree with you. Is there anyone else who does the receptionist job to cover for you when you're on holiday and lunch break? If there is, it could be worth seeing if they've had similar experiences.

I'm the only female receptionist there

I'd tell a work colleague you trust, some people just come across as abit creepy and you might just be looking too much into it. You haven't said he has been inappropriate in the way he talks to you? I'd see what other people think before the guys branded the office pervert.

If you think he is being inappropriate, then report it straight away. The days are long gone when anyone should have to put up with crap like that. However, make sure your 100%. Get a note book and record the dates and times this is happening. Its better to have everything documented.

Hoebag wrote:

I'd tell a work colleague you trust, some people just come across as abit creepy and you might just be looking too much into it. You haven't said he has been inappropriate in the way he talks to you? I'd see what other people think before the guys branded the office pervert.

I'm gonna see if he acts like this to any of the other staff or like that way to me again some people come across as rude/creepy/bitchy but are not like that at all

firstly I'd tell him you "don't appreciate it", he's probably a little bit of a bully and talking straight to him will probably work. If that doesnt speak to the person he has come to see, if that doesnt work speak to HR ( the company has a duty of care ) X

I think the first thing you should do is tell him how you feel. He may not realise what he is doing. :) Failing that tell a work colleague or your line manager.

I would just tell them to their face !

Its shit when you have problems at work

I would recommend telling him, you don't feel uncomfortable him staring at you!! he maybe love shy or really shy.

He maybe a lovely bloke but if your going to brand him a pervet/peedo and spread rumours etc makes you just as bad as him! and spreading malicious rumours is illegal too!

But if he continues to stare, then tell another member of staff, If he starts leaving gifts, etc and starts obsessions with you and calls you etc at least twice, then under the harrassment act 1997 act the police can be involved too & warn him!

and new laws as from november this year police can search a stalkers house without a warrent if they have good reason to believe any further violent offence may happen!

But if you feel an obsessive love wheel starting, three phases,

attraction phase: staring, instant loving within seconds of meeting you.

He may connact you from this stage! but if you said NO!

the fear of rejection and anxiety:obesession with phone calls to the workplace, drivebys, and visit the victims home.

At this stage the police should be inform! and all the events date loction and times of the problems your having.!

the last stage is destuction! threats of violents, even threats of suicide and self harm, arson, breaking car/house windows and the list goes on!!

At this stage the stalker should be arrested and charged then sent away for such crimes for violence etc.

But most stalkers should go just under rehabilitation. to understand the way their behavior works and how to stop or control their obsession love!

After research, men & women stalk just as bad! ladies do stalk within crowds in daylight in public when men most likely creep about at night! but this is mainly ex-partners!

kinkycop wrote:

I would recommend telling him, you don't feel uncomfortable him staring at you!! he maybe love shy or really shy.

He maybe a lovely bloke but if your going to brand him a pervet/peedo and spread rumours etc makes you just as bad as him! and spreading malicious rumours is illegal too!

But if he continues to stare, then tell another member of staff, If he starts leaving gifts, etc and starts obsessions with you and calls you etc at least twice, then under the harrassment act 1997 act the police can be involved too & warn him!

and new laws as from november this year police can search a stalkers house without a warrent if they have good reason to believe any further violent offence may happen!

But if you feel an obsessive love wheel starting, three phases,

attraction phase: staring, instant loving within seconds of meeting you.

He may connact you from this stage! but if you said NO!

the fear of rejection and anxiety:obesession with phone calls to the workplace, drivebys, and visit the victims home.

At this stage the police should be inform! and all the events date loction and times of the problems your having.!

the last stage is destuction! threats of violents, even threats of suicide and self harm, arson, breaking car/house windows and the list goes on!!

At this stage the stalker should be arrested and charged then sent away for such crimes for violence etc.

But most stalkers should go just under rehabilitation. to understand the way their behavior works and how to stop or control their obsession love!

After research, men & women stalk just as bad! ladies do stalk within crowds in daylight in public when men most likely creep about at night! but this is mainly ex-partners!

Bloody hell, abit extreme isn't it? The poster already said she has flirty banter with other guys at work, so the guy might of just got the wrong idea, or it might come across as abit creepy because it wasn't initiated. Some people are shy, and do just look at people because they don't know what to say to them but find themselves accidentally making eye contact. Some people do give off creepy vibes. I would definitely get a second opinion, and if the other person agrees that there's something a little off with the guys behaviour then ask a friend to have a word that it's making you uncomfortable, and if it persists take it to your boss. Everyone has the right to feel happy and safe in the workplace, but it's easy to crosswires, and get the wrong idea and it could have dire consequences for this mans job and future employment prospects.