Procrastination!!

Just realised I am very good at putting off getting things done!!!! I've never done so much laundry or ironing!!!

come and do mine!!!!

xGGx

I am also a serial procrastinator. Tidying, revising, getting out of bed... Pretty much everything bothersome.

I have a note on my whiteboard from 6 months ago saying "Change Bank Address" which I still haven't done. >_>

Oh, also will actually do harder things to avoid the original thing =/

that reminds me I have to change an address on my mobile phone contract...

the thought of tackling a 3000 word essay just doesn't appeal to me today!

Yeah.. I procrastinated for 3 months doing my 1500 word assignment. Managed to do it by the last minute lol.

Typically me, though.

Ooooh ironing is my nemisis!!! Two adults three kids worth arghhhh!!! Kids think nothing of changing clothes when a drop of water hits them so I do the little ones first, as I can do twice as much, but I normally give up after kids stuff is done so I either have to wear creased stuff or iron it when I want it.

Booties wrote:

I am also a serial procrastinator. Tidying, revising, getting out of bed... Pretty much everything bothersome.

I have a note on my whiteboard from 6 months ago saying "Change Bank Address" which I still haven't done. >_>

I think I have you beat, I still have a half filled out form for my provisional sitting in my room for 3.5 years now!

I will confess all

Tomorrow

I should be working on 2 essays, 3500 words each, due in the first week of May, but I finished 2500 words today and I am lazy.

In our house the ironing pile only needs doing when it falls over whilst I am pulling out the item I need.

xGGx

I don't ever do ironing - tho my time will come 1 day I suspect! But yeah, am very much a procastinator - just done letter to solicitors which was meant to have been done, dusted, posted and delivered last week. OOps! Got it done today. Must do the hoovering at some point............................................!!!

I procrastinate a lot, too. It ultimately makes things harder though, which is annoying.

yes we all do a bit and don't realise it!!

I used to procrastinate a lot - in fact I was the queen of procrastination for a while (even doodling in a silent class to avoid doing the work we were being made to do with the enforced silence) but during my degree I've completely turned it around - I am now good at self motivating and I'm really proud of my dissertation (which I handed in on Thursday) because it's been 10 weeks of completely self motivated/self timetabled lab work and 5 weeks self motivated write up and it's been really enjoyable because I've got loads done within the time limit :D it's just evidence that I've turned it round and become good at working hard and self motivating!

I had to though because my degree and getting on to my PhD meant so much to me that working hard was so important to me - I didn't want to waste 3 years of my undergrad, didn't want to waste 3 years worth of tuition fees and desperately wanted a career in my field of choice! Plus I constantly feel like I have to prove what I'm capable of because a lot of people prejudge because I'm blonde and wear nice clothes/have long nails/wear high shoes etc. and I have to prove myself to my parents because they think nothing less than the best is good enough!

When it comes to other things though, I'm still great at procrastinating - been meaning to ring vodafone for weeks and I've got 2 orders that have needed making for 2 days!

Adx

I'm currently writing my wedding music list instead of revising (impossible to get motivated when you only need to revise 4 lectures!) - I'm not getting married for years!

There is so much music I love that I don't know the name of, I'm figuring I can listen out for favourites and google lyrics to get the name....by the time we get married I reckon my list will be nearly complete....

My revision for this exam, however, is going pretty slow!

Adx

My living room looks like a laundry, washing done just the ironing for 1 adult and 3 children. Although one of them is in adult size clothes!

Yes I tend to put everythng off as well.

We should all report back when we've completed everything we've been putting off.

twinkle154 wrote:

We should all report back when we've completed everything we've been putting off.

On this note...

Alicia D'amore wrote:

My revision for this exam, however, is going pretty slow!

Adx

This was completed well within time and the exam went well :D

Adx

I do proscrastinate sometimes but not with important stuff.

I do everything as it needs doing and not an instant before. There's too much other stuff to do before that..