quietly optimistic

As some of you know..I haven't had a whole lot of luck with finding a keeper in a man... Apart from one fb which has certainly made me realise there is a lot more life in this ol' gal..and a hysterectomy has far from stopped my sex life...if anything I feel hornier than I ever did😅
Now I did have my sights on a bloke in my canoe club...but he has been very noticeable by his absence at the club meets...so I suspect he might be off the menu.he was contracted to work here, and had a place and kids back in Cornwall which meant he was always there at the weekends.
Might have gone back😕
So...undeterred... I kept on fishing...to see what else might appear...
I had one date with a bloke that looked far too much like my ex...and from an ethnic background as well as my ex...which despite being on an intellectual wavelength...he really didnt float my boat..and I know his background would have been an issue for my family...after the hell my Iranian ex put me through.
So now..a few months later...lots of nibbles ( mostly from blokes that wanted a hookup only, or blokes that really had zero in common or even in the same county) I have a very promising man who I am more than a little attracted to...and we have loads in common...not least or love of the outdoors.
We have spent every evening for best part of a week chatting( a bloke that actually communicates in more than one line centances!) And we both can't wait to actually meet up for a meal on Saturday. When we are both kiddie free. I can. See this could be the one that might be a keeper.
We are lining up a hike on the Sunday as well😊
All in all I feel like a teenager all over again. It is such a good feeling... I just hope it actually pans out on the Saturday OK.
I have been on my own now for 4 years... And I think it is time for me to find someone who will make me feel special again..

naughty mum wrote:

As some of you know..I haven't had a whole lot of luck with finding a keeper in a man... Apart from one fb which has certainly made me realise there is a lot more life in this ol' gal..and a hysterectomy has far from stopped my sex life...if anything I feel hornier than I ever did😅
Now I did have my sights on a bloke in my canoe club...but he has been very noticeable by his absence at the club meets...so I suspect he might be off the menu.he was contracted to work here, and had a place and kids back in Cornwall which meant he was always there at the weekends.
Might have gone back😕
I had one date with a bloke that looked far too much like my ex...and from an ethnic background as well as my ex...which despite being on an intellectual wavelength...he really didnt float my boat..and I know his background would have been an issue for my family...after the hell my Iranian ex put me through.
So now..a few months later...lots of nibbles ( mostly from blokes that wanted a hookup only, or blokes that really had zero in common or even in the same county) I have a very promising man who I am more than a little attracted to...and we have loads in common...not least or love of the outdoors.
We have spent every evening for best part of a week chatting( a bloke that actually communicates in more than one line centances!) And we both can't wait to actually meet up for a meal on Saturday. When we are both kiddie free. I can. See this could be the one that might be a keeper.
All in all I feel like a teenager all over again. It is such a good feeling... I just hope it actually pans out on the Saturday OK.
I have been on my own now for 4 years... And I think it is time for me to find someone who will make me feel special again..

I so wish you all the best naughty mum .... It sounds very promising . Please keep us updated. I've also been on my own coming up to 5 years now but mine is different circumstances. I also have a FWB .. Well I have two :( I only started to come out of my shell in the last year with the help of friend on a dating site ... I've learned so much and have learnt how to have "fun"

but for me each time I've been on a date I pull away .. I come up with all these excuses on why not to see them again ... In my heart I would like to meet Mr Right but then I have had my independence for so long now .and it also to me a long to to grieve over my late husband . And if I'm honest with myself I'm scared , I seem to put a barrier up . after being with someone for 25 years you both become one person if that makes sense .. Now I have to find me ... So for now I will stick to my FWB and LH forum ... Yet again all the best x

Well as I had a 20 year relationship with an abusive man that got more so as the years went on...my guards can also be up. I describe myself as shy...but also flirty and game for some fun.... Opposite sides to the same coin.
Reserved...but secretly extroverted..
Scared to commit..but wants a relationship to have someone to share my next chapter in my life .
All I can say is this is the most likely of any of my fishes.
He even mentioned that he had a few ppl he got chatting to...but it would fizzle out... But with me it is the opposite. We fire conversation in each other.
Sure he isn't an oil painting....neither am I... And he doesbt have a high flyjng job...But there's something about him that feels right.
He has 3 kids.. And so far I can see our kiddie shifts working to let us actually have a goodly amount of time together.

Well as I had a 20 year relationship with an abusive man that got more so as the years went on...my guards can also be up. I describe myself as shy...but also flirty and game for some fun.... Opposite sides to the same coin.
Reserved...but secretly extroverted..
Scared to commit..but wants a relationship to have someone to share my next chapter in my life .
All I can say is this is the most likely of any of my fishes.
He even mentioned that he had a few ppl he got chatting to...but it would fizzle out... But with me it is the opposite. We fire conversation in each other.
Sure he isn't an oil painting....neither am I... And he doesbt have a high flyjng job...But there's something about him that feels right.
He has 3 kids.. And so far I can see our kiddie shifts working to let us actually have a goodly amount of time together.

Good luck, naughty mum, hope the guy is the right one for this time.

Good luck. I hope all goes well. It's so nice to meet someone who gives you hope and a warm sort feeling !!! ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Good luck with this one naughty mum. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you. You really deserve some happiness and a man who treats you right xx

Good luck, sounds as though you've had your fair share of bad times in a relationship so I really hope this works out for you. Take care

Good luck naughty mum, I really hope everything works out for you. You really do deserve to find happiness Hun :) xx

Good luck, NM. I hope the weekend is a great success. You deserve to find your special person.x

Good luck, naughtymum, I really admire your optimism and your joie de vivre!

(By the way, if YOU are shy then I probably have the personality (but, sadly enough, not intelligence) that is similar to that of Henry Cavendish ;-)))

naughty mum wrote:

Might have gone back😕

Hope it all works out for you hun, I met my partner on FB it really can work! :D

Lots and lots of luck, look forward to reading an update of how the weekend goes xxx

Good Luck NM, hope you have a great time :)

naughty mum wrote:

Might have gone back😕

This is wonderful news I remember you coming on here, hope it works out for you, you deserve it hugs.

Good luck I hope it goes great on Saturday for you x

Good luck with your date on Saturday NM, really hope it all works out for you. You deserve to find somebody nice , let us know how it goes x

Oh i hope it all goes well :) everyone deserves happiness, and from reading your posts, especially you!! You seem like a very strong woman to come through all you have done!! Go you!! And have fun at the weekend..fingers crossed it all goes your way :)

na

All in all I feel like a teenager all over again...

Best of luck from me to. As long as the above statement means he is above the age of consent!

Good luck and remeber love always finds you, no matter who you are so even if this guy doesnt turn out to be a keeper, its ok,! 4 years is a long time indeed but sometimes a good thing takes a long time to surface :-) wishing you the best of luck!!!