Rechargable batteries?

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I think it would be a great idea for LH to sell rechargable batteries and chargers. Not all of us are rich enough to be able to afford mains powered or mains rechargable vibes, and I personally use rechargable batteries in all my toys.

I imaging there'd be quite a market for rechargable batteries and chargers for people buying from LH. I buy mine from Argos atm, but it's annoying to have a toy arrive and not be able to go out and get rechargable batteris for a few days to try my new toy out!

I've been using rechargables in my latest vibrator, got a good hour of use out of it so far and it's not showing any signs of the batteries getting low yet or slowing up yet.

I'm against using proper batteries at the moment since I've just not had any problems with them, and it'd cost me a fortune if I was going to keep buying decent brand batteries!

I use rechargeables too and haven't had problems yet. Some rechargeable toys aren't atcually that expensive. The Fun Factory Sinnflut is teh best toy I've ever bought!

I also use rechargable batteries, power wise no problems but the getting stuck thing occasionally does happen to me. For me one of the advantages of recharagables is, in toys where if the battery isn't totally brand new or freshly charged the toy is super slow, at least with rechargables I don't have to keep the once used batteries in a queue for filling the remote control.
(We use some duracell ones and some OEM chinese ones, which are excellent.)

Actually one thing i did find interesting is that on the funfactory semi relistic g spot vibe it does say you can use rechargables in that one - so i assume theyve found that model seems to handle them.. :)

imeldaimelda wrote:

I use rechargeables too and haven't had problems yet. Some rechargeable toys aren't atcually that expensive. The Fun Factory Sinnflut is teh best toy I've ever bought!

Well with me it's not so much the price of rechargable toys, it's having to live with my parents! Just can't leave these things lying around while they charge up, and having rechargeable batteries is ideal for me - I can charge them up as often as I like without raising suspicion.

LoveHoney - Carly wrote:

We've had metric fuck-tonnes of vibrators returned in the past due to rechargeable batteries getting stuck.

Not only do we then have to try and pry the batteries from the sex toys, but we then have to replace both battery and sex toy as it's technically classed as faulty, which costs us money and annoys customers.

So we don't have to deal with so many returns and upset customers, we highly recommend http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/store.cfm?cat=24.

By removing them after each session, you can prolong the life of your batteries and enjoy them again and again and again...

We even have deals on some of our slightly stranger http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/store.cfm?cat=24 where the more you buy, the more you save!

And cheap batteries are widely available if you buy in bulk - check out Amazon, Wilkinsons or your local supermarket for some brilliant deals!

i just buy normal batteries from the £ shops :P get loads in a packet for a quid or less and alot of them have the named brands :P

Dxx

yeah rechargable batteries are always better, and cost less! its woth it and if you hve a couple you can just switch whilts using the others!

have a couple and it always works out better and easier!

We use rechargables , cant say they got stuck tho.

Rechargable AAA batteries are to be avoided tho as they just arnt upto it. I avoid toys that use AAA

I have put Energiser 2500MaH NIMH ( Nickel Hydride) batteries in the Jessica Rabbit 2.0 .They are not any different in size to regular batteries and fit perfectly.My wife prefers rotation speed 1 and rabbit speed 1 at first , then move upto 2. She climaxes quickly then.

Always go for a high MaH as possible , cheaper rechargables are as low as 1300, avoid NiCad ( Nickel Cadnium) batteries.Dont assume all rechargables are the same.

Some vibes and rabbits require the full voltage from each battery ( 1.5v ) We had a thruster once , and that just refused to work with rechargables.

So, how are people getting on with rechargable batts. I have loads, and find they work well with the vibes, but as I have not used normal ones for years, I don't really know the difference.

Does anyone notice the difference between normal and rechargable batteries?

I have been using rechargable batteries for a while and i think as long as you have spent a bit of money on them they are great! I did have some cheapy ones before and they would barely last a session after a few recharges!

I use rechargeables in my Jessica Rabbit and they work fine. Power is great and no problems with them getting stuck either.

I have had them get stuck in a wireless keyboard before, but never in a toy.

I think it just depends on the toy. I've had toys that have NEVER had them get stuck, and others where they get stuck alot and just use standard batteries as a result.

Don't use rechargeable batteries in this...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14044

...I was there for hours trying to get mine out again, ending up with one battery flinging itself across the room rather violently!

x

Two side by side tubes in that, but they slid in pretty easily so i had no thought about having problems getting them out again!

x

Yes it does depend on the toy. Have never had a problem in jessica rabbit or twin turbo rabbit with high power rechargables, the down side is that they tend to lose there charge within days. Tend to use rechargables OR disposable duracells, Depends!!!!!!

Why are there issues with rechargeable batteries getting stuck? Are they slightly bigger or something? It just doesn't make sense to me? I did ask LH about stocking rechargeable batteries/chargers and they said about the cons. It's obviously a problem as LH wouldn't just advise not to use them for no reason but so many of you say they are fine aswell. Maybe if we can work out why they're getting stuck and which ones are better power-wise etc we could think of a solution or tips? Would be so much better to use rechargeable ones for our pockets and for the environment!

Oh, and does anyone know the best place to get the cheapest batteries off the internet that are not absolutely rubbish? It's touch and go with cheap batteries sometimes! Can b a false economy!