Rechargeable Sex Toys

Do you like USB rechargeable toys?

I own have one (Mia) but i love it.

What do you think their main advantages are?

It doesn't need to come with yet another charging wire to have to stash somewhere. Very discreet, and you can pretty much instantly charge it rather than have to root around searching for the right charger.

What do you think their main disadvantages are?

The main problem i find with the Mia is that the lid is easy to come off mid-play, which isn't too great. Otherwise, none.

Do you prefer USB toys that plug directly in (like the http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14703) - even though they can't be waterproof?

I prefer this - there are plenty of choices for a waterproof toy, and it isn't something i need from every single of one my toys, personally.

Do you mind USB-charged toys that have a wire (http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC003ZM/A) - so they can be waterproof?

This negates the point of having a USB toy to me - if you're going to have a wire you might aswell just have a plug in AC charger.

Would you prefer a standard mains-charged toy, or a USB-charger toy?

I like both. For my bigger toys, mains charging is more than fine but if there was a choice for USB for more discreet toys (bullets etc) i'd opt for that.

xx

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask your opinion on rechargeable toys, and specifically about USB rechargeable toys.

Yes!

Everyone has a USB port and most everyone has a USB to mains plug around. If you're travelling, you don't have to worry about an adaptor. It's just easy and convenient.

Can't think of any.

Do you prefer USB toys that plug directly in (like the http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14703) - even though they can't be waterproof?

Since I own Mia, I probably don't want another one that size. Anything bigger than a lipstick vibe would need a wire.

Do you mind USB-charged toys that have a wire (http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC003ZM/A) - so they can be waterproof?

I'd love one.

I use my black Lelo Ina box as a storage for charger plugs, and the box is full. I'm sick of having so many different charger plugs and having to keep track of which one goes to which toy / phone / other gadget. I'm all for standardization!

Would like to a USB mains charger for my toys any suggestions most of the ones I've Seen are for iPhone ect

Most of my toys are rechargeable now but only two by USB and one of those includes a mains wire.

Being able to charge directly from a USB port would be of no benefit personally, I'd always plug in to the mains where possible (If I'm charging from my laptop that's plugged in anyway) and toys being waterproof is far more important to me because they're easier to clean.

Having said that a USB toy with a mains charger would be handy for me if they just included the wire needed to connect to the plug with the toys. I have hundreds of plugs lying about, if I could just have the one plug and only the different leads they would be much easier to store.

It's probably already been covered, but our views are;

Overall: Prefer Rechargable

Advantage: No messing with batteries

Disadvantage: Some don't last as long as they could between charges.

Waterproof is always better.

Main/USB? Everyone has a USB plug for their phone now don't they?

I like any kind of rechargeable/mains powered

Batteries are expensive, and I always forget, leave them in and then they run out

Don't really see any

Do you prefer USB toys that plug directly in (like the http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14703) - even though they can't be waterproof? Do you mind USB-charged toys that have a wire (http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC003ZM/A) - so they can be waterproof?

I'd prefer waterproof, but I'm not super concerend - I always have my laptop or a wall mounted usb charger anyway

I'm picky, because I'm aussie - USB are universal, so I'd prefer that to faffing about with UK adaptors

Have yet to be convinced by any rechargable, give me batteries any time. Available anywhere,

I have nightmare worring about running at of power just at the wromg moment. Much easier to get going again by swapping battiers

But if it must be rechargable, give me mains, you can always find a mains socket.. USB not always available, specialy if you away on holiday.(Maybe i'm the only one who can go away without a laptop)

Not really - I prefer toys that take rechargeable batteries - if the charge runs out mid-play I can simply change batteries. Unfortunately more and more high-quality toys seem to be rechargeable...

If the toy has to be rechargeable, the advantage of the USB charger over a mains charger for LH is that the same charger can be sold world wide. And I suppose that a simple charging cable costs less than a whole 240 to 12 V transformer/charger. For me travelling the USB charger is no big advantage because I still need to travel with an adapter - for my laptop or phone charger. Though the USB charging cable will take up less baggage space than a mains charger (not that I plan on travelling with my sex toys...)

Rechargeable in general:

That the battery cannot be separated from the toy. In my experience (with cameras, cordless drills, laptops and portable phones) it's the weak link of any electronic device - likely to die before the rest of the device. For the above-listed things I can buy a new battery, but not for my rabbit.

Rechargeable batteries can die very quickly (depending on their quality - and therefore price) when they are not used regularly, thus they only make sense in toys that are constantly used.

The issues with recharging batteries: The charge current must not be higher than the battery capacity (I believe I've read somewhere it should only be half or even less?), the charger should switch from charging to maintaining charge when the battery is full (I seriously doubt my phone charger does that), there should be overheating protection, ideally one would only charge empty batteries (at least for Ni-Mh batteries, I believe Ni-Cadmium are obsolete?) but my phone charger (or laptop) does not have a discharge function either. My battery charger has all that...

USB-rechargeable:

The laptop needs to be on for charging and I'm one of the people who switch it off when not working on it (and switching it on just to charge a toy goes against the grain. Neither do I want to work for 16 hours to charge a Stronic Eins...) I only had one phonecharger but a number of toys (and the phone...) needing its port. Now I have a second USB port but it charges at 1000 mA - and practically no manufacturer ever specifies what type of battery is in the toy. Which really pisses me off!!! I want to know the metal composition and I want to know the capacity!

I hate toys that are not waterproof and very much hope that I won't have to buy one ever again. (No, I don't play in the bath/shower - but I want my toys to be easy to clean!)

I don't mind the wire, though I wonder whether at least toys from one series couldn't be made so that they all work with the same wire? If we can't get world-wide standardization... I believe Fun Factory have the same charging cable for all their toys and went so far as to sell the toys without charging cable - annoying for the first toy, but with my very few rechargeable toys and already a chaos of charging cables I'm beginning to see the sense of it. One cable for all toys (and maybe one cable in reserve in case the other one gets lost) would be enough for me...

At the same price, mains charged with EU plug.