Rechargeable toys...

Has anyone ever killed the battery in a USB rechargeable toy?

I've just killed an old Tango - thank God I have a relatively new spare - poor thing was literally used to death!

So, what happens to them? Can they be returned for a new battery or do they just got into electrical waste recycling?

Do any manufacturers do an exchange scheme?

Sometimes there's something to be said for a good old AA or AAA toy (but don't get me started on the "odd" batteries!).

If the toy uses Ni-Mh cells then always make sure to run it right down and then fully charge it each time. Ni-Mh and Ni-Cd have a memory effect where if you don't charge for the full length of time it can shorten the charge it will hold over time. I killed a few power tool battery packs before learning this.

Li-ion cells don't suffer from this problem and are much more forgiving, but the products that use Li-Ion tech are more expensive to buy.

Is there any warranty with the toy?

Alicia4Ever wrote:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/environment/

LH have a vibe recycle scheme

^^ We do indeed!

And if you purchased it from us within 365 days, you can return it.

Get in touch if so! 

Agree with Maximum Turnip there. Good advice.

We recently had a Fun Factory Bi Stronic Fusion due on us after not a huge amount of use. LH were understandably not able to do anything as it was out if warranty. However, on contacting Fun Facitiry customer service in Germany we found that they have a 2 year warranty on their products. A replacement is currently on its way to us. Impressive 👍

Yep, I’ve killed a Tango too! Always have a spare one on hand now.

NatandTom wrote:

Yep, I’ve killed a Tango too! Always have a spare one on hand now.

I keep meaning to buy a back up Tango for this reason alone!!

Don't know what I would do if mine gave up .