Remind me never to leave Lovehoney again!... (Rant)

Eugh that's the last time I try to get a "better" deal!!
I made the big mistake of going to another well known sex toy company for some products that are simply not listed on the wonderful Lovehoney, and a couple that were just a bit cheaper (I'm not really interested in this weeks DOTW so thought that I'd rather save money)

WELL!
For a start, I placed the order with a discount voucher, then decided to cancel that and add more things too it, when I went to re-purchase my new order, the discount voucher expired. Ultimately the money I saved made that not so bad, but still irritating.

I ordered enough to get Next Day Delivery, of which it has now arrived today... missing an item!
The picking list has the item crossed off of it yes, but I had to contact them, I was not told in the confirmation email that my item was out of stock, nor in the dispatch email.

I'm fuming! It was the only item I actually bought for myself too!

Luckily I spoke to customer services (14p a minute!) who ASKED if I wanted a refund, meaning that they hadn't already done it automatically upon missing item in warehouse. He has nicely agreed to send me the other varient that was more expensive (literally just due to colour...) BUT it's not the point, they should not have dispatched it without prior warning me, or atleast processing a partial refund immediately!!

Oh did I mention that another sex toy I bought has arrived in just a velvet bag with no plastic packaging that I can feel through the bag. (It is supposed to be a gift for someone, whom I'm now going to have to ask if they want me to return it...which I will have to pay for as there is no lovely LH returns label =/...)

Gah. I'm sorry Lovehoney that I ever left! Please forgive me, I'll never do it again >.<

We really get spoiled with the service LH gives us. The problem is that you come to expect the same from everyone else lol and then you realise just how much LH go above and beyond!
It would be perfect if every company cared as much as LH does!

Lovehoney - Stephanie wrote:

We forgive you, Jazzam! <3

Haha yay I'm so relieved <3

butterflybee wrote:

We really get spoiled with the service LH gives us. The problem is that you come to expect the same from everyone else lol and then you realise just how much LH go above and beyond!
It would be perfect if every company cared as much as LH does!

This so much!
Probably not helped that I work in retail too and always endeavour to provide the best customer service, so I have exceptional standards! Haha!

Grass is never greener.

Stuburns wrote:

Grass is never greener.

So true!

Jazzam wrote:

I made the big mistake of going to another well known sex toy company for some products that are simply not listed on the wonderful Lovehoney

It's always a bit of a bummer when there's something you really want and Lovehoney don't stock, or stocked it in the past but discontinued it before you had a chance to buy it. ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

Jazzam wrote:

another sex toy I bought has arrived in just a velvet bag with no plastic packaging that I can feel through the bag.

I must say, although I understand why it's not suitable in your particular circumstance, I actually quite like when toys come like this. With plastic packaging I always just throw it out, and then I have to find another way to store the toy suitably in the long term. At least when it comes in just a pouch the storage is already there and you needn't buy another bag, and you're not throwing away a load of packaging that you've paid for as part of the purchase price. It seems like a more efficient use of money to me.

Incendiaire wrote:

I must say, although I understand why it's not suitable in your particular circumstance, I actually quite like when toys come like this. With plastic packaging I always just throw it out, and then I have to find another way to store the toy suitably in the long term. At least when it comes in just a pouch the storage is already there and you needn't buy another bag, and you're not throwing away a load of packaging that you've paid for as part of the purchase price. It seems like a more efficient use of money to me.

I admit, I throw the packaging away too! But anything designed for insertion imo should really come with some factory packaging, even if its just a little cellophane wrapper.
This particular site doesn't allow returns like LH does, so I'm 99.999% confident, but when it arrives in a hand-tied bag it just seems odd to think someone might have handled that. And as I'm giving it to a friend who is quite new to these things, it seems MORE odd lol But I spoke to the friend and they're not bothered luckily >.<

My thrifty boyfriend always tries to lure me away from LH, he's convinced he can find the same items cheaper, so far he has yet to find any :D

I've only used another company once, on the odd occasion I get a 'special treat' for myself and, while there was nothing wrong with the product per se, the packaging was somewhat inferior and it didn't.....'feel' like the retailer took as much care as LH seems to; nothing I could specifically put my finger on, but, y'know, just that feeling.

Furthermore, the toy did nothing for me and, unlike LH's amazing returns policy, I was either stuck with the damn thing, or had to bin it.

Even if there may be a few odds n sods I can't get hold of here, I doubt I'd go anywhere else now; it'd have to be something I really, REALLY wanted.

I have never left and never plan to leave LH due to this reason

Since finding Lovehoney I have always been faithful lol

It's easily the best by far :)

Trying to remember how I came across lovehoney originally but can't, one of the best little finds I've ever came across :) :)

My sex life which was good, has now got better and a lot of it is down to toys :)

I recently had a bit of jip with a toy we got and the customer service we got was just simply exceptional!!

I would never shop anywhere else now and haven't since I found LH :)

Always had fantastic customer service here. I've never considered ordering elsewhere

Always had fantastic customer service here. I've never considered ordering elsewhere

Yes been through that myself, eventually had to claim against my credit card company for non delivered items, stick here if you can.

Personally i don't know why. but the only company i really trust with this sort of this is love honey. just personal sentiments for it ;)