Returned dildos resold?

So I was wondering (panicking) about what happens to the returned dildos for example. The thought of putting something inside of me that has been into some complete stranger is awful not to mention the chance of getting an STD.

LH how-to-return-the-item states that, quote: "2. Package up your return securely

Include as much of the original packaging as possible. Remember to clean anything that needs it."

May I remind you that by design not all toys or lingerie can be washed, cleaned and sterilized properly!

Sure LH is very forthcoming to unsatisfied or just bored (after almost a year) customers, but what about the faithful ones that don't return the goods. Do they get second hand (orifice) toys?!?

Hiya,

No LH don't reuse toys!!!!!! They're consigned to the LH bin never to fulfil their destiny

Hope this sets your mind at ease

Angel x

Hello, LH does not resend returned toys to new customers.

And the cleaning is for LH staff safety! Imagine you would open a parcel and found very dirty dildo in. Honestly, that would plainly disguest me. Thats why they want them clean. Even with gloves, it would still be just purely awfull and for their sake you should clean everything you send back!

What's so unnerving is the sentence "Include as much of the original packaging as possible." Why would they need original packaging? Such requests usually are for DOA (dead on arrival) electronics or simply a return asking for full refund when the seller intends to resell the goods as new.

If they just asked for the goods w/o packaging as a measure to fight false claims then its OK I guess. BTW is the refund in full amount?

Thanks for your reply.

to Laveila

Yes it's clear about the cleaning part, but the original packaging...

could be avoiding contact with the item upon arrival?

and the describtion is regarding all toys, including vibrators, not just dildos. I had so far 3 dead vibrators upon arrival.

And yes, the refund is in full price you paid for it, if you got it in offer like 3 for 20 etc, then I would say you get one third from the 20 if you return one

I guess, to be fair, it's not much different from asking for clothes to be returned with tags.

LH are a very conscientious and customer friendly company - as a loyal buyer for quite a while I couldn't imagine LH re-using toys so really, don't worry. I'd say asking for the packaging is probably so that they don't have to touch the products and to try prevent false claims.

I guess it's just my paranoia :D Though it doesn't hurt to ask, right? Also LH could add a calming sentence to the return policy that the returning of the item is just to fight false claims and that the toys are disposed of properly.

Thanks !

I have often wondered this! All questions are good questions! However Lh are a very reputable company and I dont think they would endanger anyones health or welbeing by re-selling sex toys!

I hope your starting to feel more comfortable with the amazing service that Lh give their customers.

x

If you are talking about faulty toys much of the information needed by the retailer or manufacturer is on the box. Things like batch codes or production dates, this info helps to identify dodgy production runs or substandard materials. It has nothing to do with being able to resell the item, something which Lh would not do.

xGGx

They said it several times in the forum. I know in the thread on crazy random bags or something similar.

and if you watch the video on returns, they say that all items are safely disposed off!

ghostgirl has good point there

to Laveila

A quick forum search beforehand didn't reveal this. Also it mos def wouldn't hurt LH to clarify this with 1 additional sentence to the return policy and/or the Security policy.

Google doesn't index the content of videos (not yet anyway)

it is on the return page on return policy.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/returns-policy/

it does not speak of dildos, but I logically applied it to them as well. They just do not go to the rabbit amnesty program.

I work in electronics returns and the chances are that the original packaging is required on the goods so that they can be returned to LH's suppliers for credit / exchange. This is how it works in my company so I can only assume it is similar in retail as a whole

No harm in asking. But I know Lh definitely don't let returns back out to the public.

Very occasionally testers or random grab bag toys have been opened by the Lh staff to check measurements or for photographing or the packaging has been damaged and the toy may be "open" to the environment in their warehouse but where this is the case, it's clearly labelled in the product info and its the reason for a great bargain (or it's a tester and therefore you're aware of that fact and the toy is free). But they've never ever been pre-used!

Adx

It could just be to make it easier to identify the product you return so they refund the right one?

The video that Laveila has linked explains it, but you definitely have nothing to fear about things being resold, There is def a few threads about this, I just can't remember the names of them right now, will have a look.

to Laveila

Yes, you are correct! The video states everything clearly. I was just browsing the site with flash player turned off (no videos) . My bad.

Problem resolved. Thanks to everyone! Much appreciated :) How do I close the thread?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/296603-what-happens-to-returns/

More answers....

You can't close a thread, it will just drop down the pages and lock itself after an age which I can't remember now...

Its a year I think, but it doesn't matter - someone else may be wondering the same thing

In the link MissTerryCleavage gave there is also a link to another similar thread. It seems this pops up once in a while.