Romance thread

There have been a few threads on this subject but they were too old to reply to. Inspired by slinky binky's anniversary recently I thought we could have a soppy place to discuss all things romantic.

Things such as 'how did you meet your partner', 'how did it go when you told them you liked them', if you're engaged/married how did you/they propose?

What's are most romantic things you've done for each other?

Personally I'm a hopeless romantic and complete sop.

I had met my current boyfriend after we chatted a lot. He asked if he could come round and he ended up staying the night and we talked for hours. (All innocent). I met him in November last year and after talking so much I ended up wanting to see him on Christmas, so I did. I left his the next morning and he said he wanted to see me again the next day. He ended up getting caught up in a bunch of stuff with a dead phone and I thought he was just another guy that says stuff and doesn't do it... untillll he showed up at 1am all apologetic. He'd actually walked two hours to see me (he'd been drinking a little so he wasn't going to drive) and it was basically the sweetest thing ever. Then he asked me to be his girlfriend and I definitely wasn't going to say no.

So that's how we started dating last year on boxing day and he's the most amazing person I ever met. Ever since, we go out for dinner every month on the weekend closest to our monthly anniversary to make sure we keep the romance alive. Honestly never been this excited and happy to be with someone.

I met my boyfriend at a party on Christmas day. We were looking at eachother all night but didn't talk because I didn't know him or any of his friends and was a bit shy. When I was going to leave, he walked up to me and said I was beautiful and we started talking. He then was a bit cheeky and asked for a kiss on his cheek, which I respoded by giving him a kiss on the mouth before I left. Makes me happy to think about :)

Awww nice :)

My wife and I worked together, I fancied her but was too shy to say anything. She ended up dating another guy and I was distraught. Then one day, another girl who we worked with, who happened to be the office gossip, told me she had broken up with her boyfriend. Determined not to miss my chance again, I ended up pouring my heart out to her, and telling her how I felt about her. As it happened, the gossip girl was just shit-stirring and was out to wind me up. My wife-to-be was still seeing this guy! But as luck would have it, she told me she really liked me too. She asked me to wait a week to give her a chance to break it off with the boyfriend, and a week later we went on our first date!

Everyone got such cute stories :)

When I met my now wife I was Skint. Even more so than now. We lived 119 miles away from each other and consequently I had a massive phone bill every month. At the time I was with orange and they did this loyalty scheme where pounds meant points and points meant pounds at certain online shops.
We got together in Jan and being a Taurus, her bday was only a few months later.

I swapped all my orange reward points for 25 pink roses which I had delivered to her along with a framed photo of us which I'd also bought with my orange reward points. I made a mix tape of all our favourite songs. The final thing I did was filled an 80 leaf A5 note book with poetry just for her. Notebook I got using my sainsbury reward card (pre-necar!)

See - sub has a soft side 😝

Who are you and what have you done with Sub?

I knew of my now husband in school. We rode the sane school bus from different towns. I didn't really know him so had no real feelings towards him but he always liked the punky, goth chick who sat in front of him.

We met again 4 years later when I was out with a friend having a drink after work. He told me he arranged for his friend to join us later and in walked the man who was that kid on the bus. He let me put my naff music on the juke box with his last credits and we flirted. There was just this attraction between us. He walked me back to my parents that night and we kissed. Neither of us thought it would be anything special maybe just a quick fling.

That was over a decade ago. We have since married and had children.I never thought I would marry the kid on the bus!

Haven't really got a 'partner' but the guy I am most integrated in...

Soooo romantic but talked to him on a 'sex site' years ago, originally met as friends but he wanted a relationships, I didn't really want to but still hung out and we're seeing each other. Then went on holiday with his mum and partner and just argued. Haven't seen him for about 2 years but still text sometimes not finally Gona organise something hopefully for when we are both off in a few weeks time. Even though I have seen different people during the 2 years we didn't see each other still thought about him all the time 🤔 So must be something in it- just hope it works out this time 😂

My now husband and I had been together for 10 years.

Then, one Christmas he handed me a gift. Inside it was a clue to where I could find my next 'gift'. The clues sent me on a mystery tour around the house only to find more clues.

Eventually the final clue led me to a small ring box. Inside he had cut out a small love heart and on it written the words 'Will you marry me?' - but where was the ring? After I had picked myself up off the floor, and said yes, obviously, he handed me another small present - an old cigarette box containing a beautiful sapphire and diamond engagement ring. And what's more, he had sneaked off with one of my other rings so even got the size spot on.

We have now been married 16 years. ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

I would say I was a romantic guy. In our early days on the spur of the moment I wisked her away to York on the train and booked into a hotel when we got there. I then went to a M & S and bought her a sexy nightie to sleep in and some new pants for the day after. We had a great time and totally spontaneous . Just wished we could do that type of thing now but alas kids stop you.

I met my oh when I was working at the local kennels. He was 16 ( we started dating when he turned 18). He came on work experience and I was his boss......how the tables have turned 😉 lol

Aw some sweet stories 😊

I met my husband through a friend of a friend. The thing to do here at weekends as a teenager is to go cruising about town in your car and park up in a car park and chat with folk. I was in a car with my cousin and we were parked up beside a car of people she knew chatting when my husband and his friend pulled up along side them as they knew them too. That was the first initial meeting even though it was just a quick hello shouted through the window, lol. I didn't think anymore of it but then the next day one of the girls we had been chatting to messaged me on facebook to say that one of the guys in the other car had asked for my number so I thought what the heck and gave it to her to pass on. We started texting and after a few days our first proper meeting or date if you like involved us going a wee drive to said car park, chatting for hours and getting a McDonalds. Two weeks later he asked me to be his girlfriend and the rest as they say is history. :)

I met OH the first night I worked as a shot girl, we talked all night but I refused to give him my number because it was my first day and didn't want to get in trouble.
We met again two weeks later on a Friday night when I was working. I saw him and was just overcome with joy, went running over to him and hugged him, he was super glad to see me too and asked for my number straight away and I gave him it. I was still working and kept coming back for a quick chat and cuddle, we texted a bit and planned our first date, the following Tuesday.
He took me to a beautiful restaurant by a lake, the plan was to watch the sunset by the lake but we talked so much we missed it, we went to the lake and had a bit of a fondle and a kiss.
We saw each other everyday and on the Thursday we had a romantic date at his office where he was sleeping on the floor struggling to keep his company afloat. It didn't phase me in the slightest, I could see he was genuine. he told me he was falling in love with me, I said I had problems with that stuff and would probably take a while. Then we had sex four times in one night and I fell asleep in his arms. I told him I loved him that same night and we just made it back before my curfew.
Then that Sunday I moved 2 hours away for uni.
He visited me through the week and I went to his at the weekend.
Then last easter I moved home for good and we bought pups.
Now, almost three years later, we have a lovely home, looking to buy another, a very successful company, a beautiful dog and a beautiful future, and I finish uni in three weeks :)

Young and fun95 wrote:

I met OH the first night I worked as a shot girl, we talked all night but I refused to give him my number because it was my first day and didn't want to get in trouble.
We met again two weeks later on a Friday night when I was working. I saw him and was just overcome with joy, went running over to him and hugged him, he was super glad to see me too and asked for my number straight away and I gave him it. I was still working and kept coming back for a quick chat and cuddle, we texted a bit and planned our first date, the following Tuesday.
He took me to a beautiful restaurant by a lake, the plan was to watch the sunset by the lake but we talked so much we missed it, we went to the lake and had a bit of a fondle and a kiss.
We saw each other everyday and on the Thursday we had a romantic date at his office where he was sleeping on the floor struggling to keep his company afloat. It didn't phase me in the slightest, I could see he was genuine. he told me he was falling in love with me, I said I had problems with that stuff and would probably take a while. Then we had sex four times in one night and I fell asleep in his arms. I told him I loved him that same night and we just made it back before my curfew.
Then that Sunday I moved 2 hours away for uni.
He visited me through the week and I went to his at the weekend.
Then last easter I moved home for good and we bought pups.
Now, almost three years later, we have a lovely home, looking to buy another, a very successful company, a beautiful dog and a beautiful future, and I finish uni in three weeks :)

That's sounds really nice and it's nice to see that you appear much more happier and more you self again .![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

thankyou mysteron, i do feel alot better now, i think everything just got on top of me, dispite succesfully fighting depression a few yers ago now it still rears its ugly head at the worst times and totally warps your mind. the weather has perked up which has helped, and im so close to exams, dispite being sick with worry im less stressed becuase theres so little left i can do, ive pretty much accepted a 2.2, its not bad really is it.

i love reading this thread and how different everyones stories are, its clear some people were just menat ot meet, i truly believe me and OH were, we were gifted to eachother, and when i failed to commit the first time we were given a seccond chance. it really was the only two weeks in our life we would have been able to meet and make it work. i hadnt long turned 18 and he 40, if we had met earlier my younger age may have put him off, infact i had only just started that job becuase i was 18 nad we would never have crose paths otherwise. living with my parents would have made it impossible, so dispite me being miles away at uni being hard work it was the only way we could have been together. we would never had met once i went ot uni. and honestly, i wouldnt have survived uni without him, the only thing that kept me going through uni was coming home ot him and knowing once it was over we could get on with our lives. i dont believe he would be off his office floor without me, i gave him purpose and support that he hadnt had before. dispite our down times we really are an incredible team :)

Aw - I'm loving this thread! I wish I was romantic! haha 

I proposed to my partner 3 weeks ago, and now I'm all excited and wrapped up in wedding plans.We'd been living together for a year already. I never really thought I was the marrying type, but then I woke up one morning and realised, oh wow, I want to marry this guy! I was so excited I wanted to wake him up and ask him right there and then. Luckily I thought better of it and planned a proper proposal, which I ended up crying with happiness when he said yes.

Now the most romatic thing we are doing is going to a ring workshop to make each other's wedding rings. It's more pricey than just buying them, but its something special we can do together, and I get to say "he made this ring for me" :)

Jezebella wrote:

I proposed to my partner 3 weeks ago, and now I'm all excited and wrapped up in wedding plans.We'd been living together for a year already. I never really thought I was the marrying type, but then I woke up one morning and realised, oh wow, I want to marry this guy! I was so excited I wanted to wake him up and ask him right there and then. Luckily I thought better of it and planned a proper proposal, which I ended up crying with happiness when he said yes.

Now the most romatic thing we are doing is going to a ring workshop to make each other's wedding rings. It's more pricey than just buying them, but its something special we can do together, and I get to say "he made this ring for me" :)

Wow thats nice.

The ring making side is something that will forever stick with you. You can't put a price on memories like that. Price doesn't come into it.

And well done for proposing to your guy

Jezebella wrote:

What a beautiful thing to do ! I hope your wedding plans go smoothly and all your dreams come true xx