Safer Alternatives?

Years ago, I discovered I was really into “knife play”.
I was wondering if there was a safer alternative, with similar results?
I know it’s unlikely.

A blunt knife?

1 Like

Plastic knife??? Don’t use a paper knife as paper cuts knack :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

How about a Wartenberg Pinwheel?

That produces a simple sensation on the skin but is a lot safer.

4 Likes

Pop Up Pirate

:pirate_flag: :crossed_swords: :pirate_flag:

6 Likes

Yes, a pinwheel! Good shout @rockstar

The non sharp end and a lot of care and safe practice of edge play.

You don’t mention how you are into knife play. Is it a physical cut and slash thing drawing blood or just the threat of doing so? Play piercing with tiny needles may be something to look into along with body piercings.

If you’re looking for an effect that’s more of a scratching than a pinwheel, I’d suggest a something along the lines of a claw, I personally have this one.

https://www.lovehoney.com.au/bondage/electro-medical-fetish/pain-sensation-play/p/dominix-deluxe-cat-claw-skin-scratcher/a35648g65230.html

Goes on your finger, and is gently dragged across the surface of the skin.
Obviously you still need to take care when using it, especially around delicate areas, or if you have delicate skin.

2 Likes

Oooh I love the claw!

It’s great! I personally really like it, haven’t gotten around to writing my review yet though.

I scar and bruise very easily because of my chronic illnesses, so actually doing knife play is not an option for me due to my ‘glass skin’ :sob:, as much as I’d love to, my skin and connective tissue would suffer greatly due to my illnesses, even with the slightest surface breakage.

The claw, however, allows for my skin drawings (if I lightly scratch, it appears darker and almost like a cut or scar) to pop up without actually breaking any skin, so it has a similar visual effect, and the sensation is very similar in my opinion.

4 Likes

We have a dragon claw too. She alternates between the Pinwheel and the Claw.
Both very nice.

2 Likes

Physical cutting… to be honest I’m a former SH’er and it was my emotional release. So, now in a twisted way it’s now my sexual release

2 Likes

Ooh, that looks good

@Bratty_Bat can you elaborate a little bit? I really appreciate you sharing this kind of personal info but curious as to how you went from self harm to erotic cutting? I will be honest and say cutting is not my interest but would like to understand it. I just need someone willing to field my questions.

100% for the pinwheel, the sensation has actually saved me a few times when I’ve felt the urge to cut. You can apply quite firm pressure too and they don’t tend to pierce. I tested. you know, to be sure.

I also an vouch for the the cat claw scratcher. Good luck!

2 Likes

@Tenshadesandme … look at banjo figure picks. They give one “claws” and they are inexpensive.

1 Like

@be3169 We have claw rings too actually, I forgot to mention those. They’re inexpensive as well.

Great suggestion. Pretty unique experience without permanent marks.

1 Like

Kind of awkward… I guess I just happened to be horny at the same time as having an emotional crisis. Put two and two together then suggested it to my husband, and voila. Understandably, he didn’t like doing it to me. He felt guilty, but liked how much it got me off. So, hence why I’m looking for safer alternatives.

1 Like