Scottish people unite!

Aye another Scott here πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ *waves hello* fellow Scott's πŸ’Ÿxx

I'm scottish,from fife

Hey guys, from Edinburgh here. New to the site too so I guess this is a double hello ^^

Why are we uniting? I'm very sleepy......and a little lazy too if I'm honest....![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

RosyCheek wrote:

Why are we uniting? I'm very sleepy......and a little lazy too if I'm honest....![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Lol, check the ops post, wanting to know how many of us are Scotts hunni πŸ˜™πŸ’Ÿxx

*wee teeny sleepy wave* yup. Born, bred and never left. WellI got a job in Wales once. Lasted 3 days, missed the rain...ok okk I missed my mum. ha.

Have πŸ˜„ There's no better place than hame eh hunni? I've travelled all over Britain but always end up back in bonnie Scotland πŸ˜„ πŸ’Ÿxx

I miss Scotland 😞😭😭😭

Dumb question here but what countries are part of the united kingdom besides englend? scottland? .. ?

mamz wrote:

Dumb question here but what countries are part of the united kingdom besides englend? scottland? .. ?

That would be England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland... Not a dumb question mamz, there's very little I could tell you about Canada other than the territories as they are laid out on the Risk board game, that you drive on the wrong side of the road, and it's name lends to my favourite goose. πŸ˜‚

Northern Ireland? You mean that the south part isn't part of the UK??!! And I didn't even know wales was a country (is it?) I thought it was a city or region haha. isn't UK like the big islans in north west europe? (I can't differentiate uk and englend sorry). At least I'm educating myself right here haha I must look so stupid

Are you talking about canada goose coats? haha You wear that?!! Do you even have winters?? (OK I'm kind of joking but still, I imagine winter in the uk to be similar to winter in france haha)

Haha, no, I meant the actual goose, not the coat. I like that their tongues have teeth and the honking noise they make.

Yep, Wales is a country, though you could drive across it in less than half a day.

And though our Winters are mild, usually no lower than -2 or -3 down south, we get the occasional freak cold spell. The coldest I've experienced was below -20 in Scotland.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the coats because of that phrase "and it's name lends to my favourite goose" (and I had to read it three times to be sure haha my english still needs a bit of improvement I guess).

I didn't know geese were a tipical canadian thing :P mooses a great too

I'm learning new things everyday, thanks for educating me.

And -20 is pretty average where I live, and when we have big cold sometimes it can go down to -40 with the wind and all that. That's pretty intense, and our falls are like -2 -3 sometimes and we're like "he it's getting cold" and after that there's the awefully cold winter (even though some have it worse) and then there's spring and the -2 goes by again and we're like "omg finally summer, it's so hot today!' It's really funny :P

Now I'm sorry for hijacking this thread with my Canadian-ness, we can go back to you scottish:P

Would love to visit Canada actually, anywhere you'd recommend mamz?

Technically I'm not sure I count as Scottish, but both my parents (in fact my entire family) are Scottish. I've also lived in Scotland, but was born below the border...

There is so many things to see in canada!

Starting from the west there's Vancouvert, and the vancouvert Island (I remember falling in love with Victoria, a city which is in the island). There's banff national park whish is a must see! With glaciers, and great mountains (which are awesome if you go during winter and ski). Cities like jasper, etc. Then calgary might be interesting too, I,ve never been but it's very different from the rest of anada, it's full of cowboys :P.

Going a little more esst, there's ottawa which is our capital city, toronto may also be great. Montreal, Quebec (the first city in all north america). Then if you go full east, there's great places like percΓ©, and there's a lot of little villages by the sea, with fishermans and everything.

if you ever come to canada let me know and I'll guide you a bit more (knowing exactly where you go because canada is a vast country :P I visited half of it in no less than a month, and I'm talking half in distance, not in number of things to see)

Me too. And in the words of a poem, Wha's Like Us, Gey Few, And they're A' Deid. All about Scottish inventions.

Scotsman here :)

I live in the states but Scottish heritage in the family. Hope to visit someday.

Edinburgh here, but spent several years living in Florida . . . . . . . and I know which one I preferred!

![](upload://nXzNBAACFMemirV1148YTO7ENey.gif)

Aw I LOVE Edinburgh PussnBoots. We go there as often as we can for bubble tea at Friskys, sushi at yo sushi, the national history museum (we have been 3 times and still haven't gotten round it all!) and to watch the street performers. There was this happy busker when we went up for our anniversary who was playing the electric guitar, very polka style. His sign read "saving for train to London....and dentist!". He was fab!