Second lock down?

I really hope Mrs Will’s gets her treatment @WillC, fingers crossed :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

So sorry to hear that @Justthe2ofus2007 :unamused::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Thanks @WillC. I’ve run out of likes, so here one :heart: :laughing::laughing:

1 Like

I had to increase my MTX from once a week to daily (apart from the injection day). Sadly it didn’t help with my nausea, coldores, cracked lips and mouth ulcers.

1 Like

@GlasgowGal @Purring-Pussy yes she takes folic acid and a load of other stuff to counteract the side effects etc thanks. As for the Methetrexate, it was something like 8 tablets the first Monday of the month, 4 the next, 2 the next, then 1. Then start again. But they upped the dosage and it made her so ill. So now she has to inject rather than take orally. There was also an experimantal drug they trialed Simzia or something that she had to inject into her belly. The six monthly treatments have helped, but don’t last the full 6 months.

1 Like

Is she also on a multi-vitamin @WillC

1 Like

@CurvyJilly yes thanks, every pill known to man it sometimes seems!

@Justthe2ofus2007 that’s awful, i have a friend who’s lad is in a home as he’s 18 and has the mental age of a toddler, she is bereft that she can’t visit him. My other friend and his wife adopted 2 autistic children, and lockdown was very stressful, i sympathise with you. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

@GlasgowGal she’s had it for 15 years, and the meds/methetrexate keep changing. It’s all about maintaining a status quo of minimal pain and maximum mobility. The new regime of 6 monthly infusions was quite succesful, then Covid knocked it on the head.

1 Like

I’m a key worker (not front line) and my other half is front line key worker so we’ve both been full time during all phases of lock down. For me personally, there’s been very little change in my work as thankfully it’s pretty self isolated anyway and we didn’t go out a great deal pre lockdown anyway. To be honest I would love a bit of time to get jobs done around the house though!

I rather feel the new lockdown wouldn’t be necessary if all people just followed social distancing and proper hygiene procedures. It’s really not that hard and I don’t solely blame the 17-25 category that are getting all the stick because I’ve seen plenty of my age group and older not giving a toss.

Sorry @WillC I’m afraid I don’t know anything at all about R.A. so will not attempt to add anything to the many thoughts you’ve already recieved but I hope your wife receives the treatments she needs without more horrible side effects as soon as possible.

I feel a lot of sympathy for anyone with either autism or dementia to deal with in their family as a lockdown presents problems for everybody but if you can’t clearly explain the reasons for a change in routine and the necessary precautions it’s so much harder.

5 Likes

@Peitho thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah well let’s see what Bo Jo will do them!!!

1 Like

Personally I think we need a second lock down as it’s spreading between ALL ages. Never mind keeping schools open, keep the kids and the adults SAFE

2 Likes

Not criticising schools here, but in the last couple of weeks our kids have come back with a cold and a note that nits are doing the rounds. Fills us with confidence :joy:

The first lockdown was quite good for us. Financially, expenses dropped away, but we still had most of the money coming in. We don’t go out a lot, because food intolerances make eating out difficult, but we do hold house parties at friends, and I really miss those. Apart from that, we spent more time together, which was nice.
I don’t think they’ll close schools. They’ll close hospitality down first I think.

3 Likes

Yes some people should have noticed big decreases in spending, just things like takeaway coffees and sandwiches add up.

2 Likes

Well, my husband had 100+ miles a day less, as well as lunch and drinks. That really adds up.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear that some of you had a rough time during the first lockdown. If a second one is to come, I hope it will be easier for you this time…! :heart:

I live in Sweden. We haven’t had any lockdowns and generally people aren’t taking enough precautions. I’ve seen only a handful of others wearing masks… :disappointed_relieved: So personally I would really like it if the government implemented a lockdown. That would hopefully make people realize how serious the situation is.

2 Likes

If another one was to happen id love it if i had my own house and could spend most of the time personally “locked down”.
Spend all day in latex/rubber and various restraints. Exploring all kinks for as long as i wanted. Work through my toy collection too.

Ideally there would be a domme lady friend here to enforce alot of this (otherwise it wouldnt be as real and id probably get lazy).

Alas, this is but a dream. Do i want a lockdown? No. Do i expect one? Definitely.
People are selfish and flout the rules put in place, i wish there was some way the government could be harsher with fines in a way but its never that easy.

3 Likes

You need to get a job as something like a police diver, the ones who wade about in canals and ponds. :diving_mask:

2 Likes