Sex and orgasms after a hysterectomy

Fun fun fun and scorpius hope you both ok now xxx

Thanks for the replies guys
I'm still waiting on my initial appointment yet but the replies are reassuring me that it's the right thing to do x

Pinkanimal you won't regret it ive never looked back after i got mine done i still went out and bought tampax i was so used to buying them but honestly go and get it done xxxx

Had mine done 18 mnths ago at the age of 48, best thing I've ever done, wish I'd done it 10 years earlier. Womb & cervix removed but kept ovaries, sex and orgasms are great and no periods or stomach cramps, win win.

I have an appointment 8th December to discuss things with my consultant x

Hope it all goes well pinkanimal x

Hi pink animal, one of my best friends had to have an emergency hysterectomy this summer, a full cut up and down too, so her recovery took a while. This was only because it was an emergency.

She still has fears about penetrative sex, and I have tried to reasure her, but it's going to take her some time to get her confidence back. She is however now experimenting with anal play and has started to wear a butt plug occasionally. She is also loving her wand vibrator on her clit, she can come in seconds acording to her husband. She has had penatrative sex a few times, but she hasn't really enjoyed as much as before, but this is a mental thing.

As her surgery was emergency she didn't get the sort of care and support that I think is needed. She is finding her pleasure in different ways now, eg anal and clit play.

I don't want to frighten you more reasure you that with propper care and a good consultant you should have a good experience, and return to enjoying sex. Even if you do find that your not enjoying things the same way as before, you can always try other things.

Good luck with your appointment. Make a list of questions you want to know the answer to befor you go in then before you leave check that you have got the answere you wanted, if not ask. People always remember loads of questions when they have left the room.

one of my good friends had this done and also lost her cevix. She was VERY nervous about sexual issues.

She was relieved clitoral orgasms were there / same as before.

She did state the first couple of penetrative sessions she and her partner were more mental blocked and cautious but yes she lost a little length in canal but her partner is not huge so she thinks it was a benefit to feel more "full".

Take time to heal and best wishes.

Thankyou both some very good advice. My husband isn't too large so I should be fine I hope.
Excellent advice on the list of questions too Thankyou fun Louise x

My OH had hysterectomy 2 years ago and had it all out. It was a long process and time to heal but now our sex life is better than ever

She has no pain and we are just now finding our very naughty side.

It's a big op but support will be there.

Thank you for starting this thread PA, and I hope everything goes well for you xx

I'm just bumping this up because I'm having a TAH but keeping ovaries on 22nd December. This thread has reasssured me somewhat about afterwards, but I'm just worried about the recovery period and the scar.

She will be going through my caesarean scar, so I hope it isn't too bad.

But it's christmas, and so many people are visiting me after christmas rather than shortly after my op. I'm trying not to feel bad about that but I do.

Do I really not deserve a visit after a major operation?

I have my daughter visiting me the day after, she can't before because she is away, and my aunt will be giving me a lift home hopefully christmas eve.

Apart from that I won't see anyone until after, I know some are away and that's why, but it makes me feel worthless :(

Oh Delilah it's so sad to read that you feel worthless...you're absolutely not !

Maybe there's a reason people are not visiting straight after the op , they might think that you won't feel up to too many visitors and they don't want to overwhelm you. It's also unfortunate for you to have to have this op so close to Christmas when people are also away .

I really hope you're going to have help and support once you get home though because you will definitely need it. The recovery period as I'm sure you've already been told is quite long and you literally won't be able to do very much at all for the first few weeks .

One helpful tip I was given before I left hospital ( and I was out in 3 days after my TAH ) is to put a pillow under your knees in bed as it helps take the strain off your stomach a bit . As for the scar , if theyre going in through a caesarian scar then it probably won't look to much different and at least it won't be a great big new scar in a different place .

If any of your friends or relatives are available to visit straight after then tell them you would appreciate seeing them , they might genuinely not realise how important it is to you .

I really hope everything goes ok for you and try to stay positive and not let it get you down xx

Delilah - I was with my mum when she had her hysterectomy (not in the theatre) but I was at her bedside when she came back to the ward. To be honest she didn't even know I was there, as she was so out of it (sleep and painkillers). All you will want to do is sleep, my mum wasn't aware until the following day and she doesn't remember it, but I do.

I know it's all well and good me saying this but you will be fine and you really won't notice anything until the following day and then your daughter will be there.

I hope it all goes well for you and take all the help you can get during your recovery. If you lived near me I would come visit you I'm in the midlands 😊

Delilah, please don't feel worthless as you most defiantly are not! I wish I could be there to give you a hug, but you will have to have some virtual hugs instead xx

I hope that you have someone at home to look after you afterwards Hun, as you really can't do very much for the first few weeks. After my op, I was quite out of it to be honest for the first couple of days. I also had quite a few painkillers to take every day too, which made me feel spaced. I wasn't actually up to any visitors at first, it was a week before family other than Mr Scorpius, and my mum saw me, I just wanted to rest really. You must be very careful, and follow all the excercises they give you religiously - they really help with your recovery. I hope your op goes well Hun, I'm sure you will be ok. I can't praise the NHS enough for how they looked after me and how cared for and safe I felt. Don't forget, we're all here for you lovely ❤️ xxx

Oh Delilah how awful for you. Can they not go in laparascopily? I'm having mine keyhole. Less invasive and better recovery but I guess it depends on the hospital x
I am having a scan on the 12th of January BUT I am most definetly having a hysterectomy next year. Leaving my ovaries and cervix and attaching my cervix to my lower spine with mesh so it keeps everything in the right place x

Hi even though I am man I hope you the very best and don't give up. Their always hope at the end of tunnel. If you have partner then they can support you if not then ok to but don't give up. Over come and stay healthy and happy. Don't let this stop you from being happy. If you need any help or support just post on the form and we will help you. I am sorry I can't help you other than giving advice.

cobra1987 wrote:

Hi even though I am man I hope you the very best and don't give up. Their always hope at the end of tunnel. If you have partner then they can support you if not then ok to but don't give up. Over come and stay healthy and happy. Don't let this stop you from being happy. If you need any help or support just post on the form and we will help you. I am sorry I can't help you other than giving advice.

Aren't you just the sweetest. Thankyou very much. I do have a very supportive husband and mum but I also know you guys are here anytime x

Delilah , I'm sure you won't be reading this right now but I'd like to say that I'm thinking of you today as you have your op .

Wishing you a smooth and speedy recovery xx

I just want to say a big thank you for all the kind words and advice, sorry I've taken so long to reply.

My op went well and I got home christmas day, it is now day 12 and I'm recovering well, it's just so slow and limiting not being able to do much.

Really looking forward to the day I have no pain, because pain every day really is no joke, even with the painkillers.

Also looking forward to the 2nd Feb which will be 6 weeks, and I'll be able to start exercising, as well as having sex again...so that is something to look forward to!!

So glad everything went well Delilah .

Limiting is about the right description.....it's a performance just getting up out of bed or a chair ! And the waiting for the magical 6 weeks till you can have sex was the worst , don't think I'd ever gone that long without sex before !

Still, as you say its something to look forward to x