Sex before your period.

Hiya Guys, I need opinions, so it's our wedding anniversary in a few days and we are celebrating tonight with a few drinks. So... my period has started spotting brown blood ( tmi I know but who else can I ask? Facebook status?) Would you be happy to have sex whilest spotting? It's not much and only visable when I go to the loo and wipe. So... What do I do? Thanks in advance :)

There was a thread about sex and periods recently, I was surprised how much of an issue it was. Personally, sex on my period had never bothered me or the husband (actually I quite like it, I feel different) but it is a very individual preference, as with most things, I guess.

Do whatever you and husband feel most comfortable with.... if your period isn’t even in full flow (sorry) yet, it isn’t like there is going to be a lot of extra clean-up. To contend with. Just my two-penny worth, hope you both have an enjoyable anniversary.

I would say go for it - for me personally when was full period we avoided a lot but at beginning wasn't an issue - now no probs as don't have them hahaha. Hopefully an enjoyable night ahead

As long as you feel ok (with no pain) and is horny, I don't see why not, specially if you and your husband are ok with it. Personally, I'm not into having period sex during the second or third day, when the flow is more intense, but on the other days I just go for it.

When I had periods this was never an issue. It all depends on what you are both comfortable with. If you don't normally use them, but think you maybe more comfortable cleanliness wise, why not have a condom or two ( or three) available?

I'd agree and say go for it as long as neither of you mind! Personally I sometimes need extra lube when doing so, so it's worth to keep that in mind!

I was going to suggest if you're not fully comfortable with it there's tablets a quick trip to the local surgery can provide to stop/delay periods then I re-read your post and see it's tonight yous are celebrating. As others have said its all to do with your comfort levels. Hope yous are having a lovely night and happy anniversary 🎉🎁🎂 x

Better a late response than never right? I hope if you were both comfortable then you went ahead. No one should feel bad about wanting to do something like that. Personally I’d love to have sex on my period but unfortunately my husband is a bit squeamish so we avoid it most of the time. Happy anniversary!!!

It’s all natural, I never have a issue ,

Wouldn't bother me

We did it all the time. It helped with cramps on my heaviest days, so a little light spotting would be no barrier to us.