Sex & Periods

Hey (:

I was wondering how many of you have sex whilst you/your partner's Mother Nature comes calling.
What are your thoughts on how it feels, what's the best way to do it, etc

We don't, OH feels it isn't right, we use it as a time to recharge :)

I have previously.. I wouldn't do it when I am in full flow though, feels a bit gross? Coming to the end of a period is fine though, with condoms and deffo no oral!

We kind have a routine around it now. Men look away, this will be too much information!! Usually on the first day of my period it's really light, so I have a bath immediately before and find we can have sex without any mess. Then for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th day we generally just stick to foreplay (clitoral stimulation when I'm wearing a tampon), anal sex and blow jobs. The 5th day I'm usually really light again and can have a bath and get away with no mess.

It feels really different to me, not a good or bad different, just different. I can't really explain it, but what we do works well for us :)

Hi Shannon.
No, wouldn't even consider it, it's stay away time for me.
Ta
A.

Yep doesn't bother us in the slightest. It used to bother me only because I was self conscious but now I know he doesn't mind happy to just carry on as normal.
I'm more horny that time of the month so works out well really.
We have a PVC sheet which we use for other things so that comes out if necessary

Took a bit of persuading, as my OH was more grossed out by it than me. But now she enjoys it because she finds that's she's more sensitive.

Just leave out the oral.

Have done in the past, but the pill I'm on now stops me bleeding, which is a bonus. But it never really bothered me as long as I knew my OH wasn't bothered. It's just blood, and it looks messy because it's bright red, but nobody would care if it was clear or white would they

Mwahahha, I got lucky with the contraceptive implant. I haven't had a period for 8 months!

That sounds unhealthy, but apparently it can happen and it's normal for some women. My boyfriend says he'd be fine with having sex even if I'm on my period, though.

We have done in the past, just put an old towel on the bed. Personally during a period was always when I felt like sex even more. Not an issue for us now, one of the benefits of a hysterectomy .

I'm just lucky in I've had so few in my life I've never had to worry about it :)

I enjoy having sex during my period as I'm even more horny then.

Unless it's too heavy then i don't.

We don't. It's never been on option. My wife is grossed out by the thought and if I'm honest, so am I.

have done it when I have been in long term relationships. Just waited for lighter days and used an old towel, but there was never a great deal of mess. I'm at my horniest when on my period too!

Have done on a few occasions not anymore though she doesn't have periods due to contraceptive injection .does have an affect on her libido I've noticed but hey ho ,

It's a good question. It's down to how my wife feels. We never used to do anything for her at all. She didn't think it was fair on me so i used to get either a HJ or BJ. She always said it was her time to give me some special attention.

After a lot of talking especially me telling her it didnt bother me at all ( other than oral.) And it wasnt a kink(blood sports). I was very happy to use a my hand or a vibe on just her clit. It took me years to persuade her. She found that it helped with the mental side of being on. The tension and stress. Over the last couple of years we have had intercourse when she is light at the start or the end of her flow.

Their is one thing we still do but got into a routine over many years. We would use this time to deliberately obstain. Then she would start to edge me so when she finished we would have amazing sex. Just like having had a partner work away for a week or make up sex after a row. This was something we both enjoyed very much the big cuddle afterwards too. So this made a negative thing become very positive. The anticipation over when she was finished and she would need to be fully over it due to me wanting to give her oral was huge. We have found in our relationship that over the years together we spend much more time savouring each other slowing it all down and teasing , finding that point for each other just back from orgasm and trying to keep each other on the pre orgasmic plateau for as long as possible. The time after her period is so much more arousing everything is so much more heightened.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, like some of the other ladies it is when I am at my most horny, also find it's an ideal time for shower sex, no mess then at all reall and if there is it just washes right away :)

I do sometimes Amanda, on the days that I do I go to the gym, excersise is the best thing for when you're feeling groggy and crampy. I have a pamper too, and then I always feel better :)

You sound exactly like me Amanda! I'm anaemic, I have been since I was pregnant with the twins, they thought it was just the babies but it's never gone away. I used to get terrible cramp when I was younger though, I used to cry in pain for the first two days and it was so heavy! But now I've had the coil fitted I never get cramp and my periods are what I would say as normal now.

We do! My partner used to be a little grossed out by it but I persuaded him to give it a go and now we'll have sex as often as we do during the rest of the month. He always says it feels different, bit graphic but he used the word sticky(!), but to me it feels pretty much the same. It is messy afterwards as we don't use condoms, but we'll just take a shower afterwards or grab a baby wipe if it's at the start/end of my period and I'm lighter. Hope that helps!