Sex toys and airports?

I have never been on a plane or to an airport before in my life!

I'm going abroad for 6 months with my partner and have no idea if they check your luggage in front of you of if you have to leave it to be checked?

I have two of the Lovehoney lockable toy cases and I was going to put some essentials in there for my travels in my hold baggage. Will they need to open the lockable case?

I'm so confused because I don't know how airports work! Please help.

had a couple of toys in my hand luggage as we always only travel with hand luggage when i went through security and my bag had to be checked so i just said to the female security when i was opening my bag that they was some adult toys in there which was in a love honey bag she said ok all she did was put the drug probe into bag took a swap and took it out...no big deal i,m sure they seen it all before and yes they was very discreet about it so dont worry ,,,as your putting it into your hold luggage you will have no problems at all..

Your checked in luggage might get inspected, especially if it contains electrical items. This is normally done without your presence, or - depending on the airport - in your presence, but more privately. Hand luggage will almost surely be asked to be opened if it has electrical devices. Also, do not forget, one can only carry max. 10 pcs of 100 ml transparent bottles in a sealed plastic bag as far as creams and liquids go in carry-on luggage. This does include a lip balm, shower gel, lube, or mascara... And yes, they need to be on clear sight at the security check in airports, so if your bottle of lube is easily identifyable as such, everyone will see it. You also shouldn't have handcuffs or other "easily mistaken" items in your hand luggage that might get you questioned about their purpose.

I would avoid putting any sexual item in my hand luggage for ease of mind and just put it all in the checked in one.

Also, please remember that you must obey the laws of the country you are travelling to, and sexual items such as toys or even lube might be considered outright illegal in some cultures and definitely NOT worth the risk taking with you.

era like i said i always travel with hand luggage only..i dont have hold luggage so have to put my toys i take in my hand luggage i have no choice...have taken plenty of times as we normally go away 3 times a yr..yes when my bag gets checked i just mention to the officer who is checking my bag at manchester airport what is in there they very discreet when checking my sex toys like i said they seen it all before...what makes me laugh is when returning from holiday they dont check my bag it just goes through the xray lol just leaving manchester i get security to open my bag so they can check ha ha

I'm pretty sure airport staff are used to sex toys. They are probably the LEAST weird things to turn up in bag scanning. If I need to put my toys in carry on (I avoid it if I can in case the batteries are an issue - I don't want to throw them away!) I usually pop them into an opaque wash bag - airport staff are generally discrete about things like that. To be honest, they are LESS likely to want to look in your bag if the scanners can clearly see what they are than if you put them in an x-ray-opaque box.

I would add don't lock anything, if required customs will only break it open anyway, or use cable ties that can be cut off.

Unless you're planning on using your toys on the plane(?) then don't put them in hand luggage!

I recently took a bunch of toys abroad (cuffs, rope, paddle) and put in hold luggage and no problem :)

When we left the UK we put all our toys in our main hold luggage and nothing in our hand luggage. The only thing we had was when we went to book our luggage in we got told to remove any batteries from our main luggage and put them with our carry on bags.

The only country that searched our hand luggage was Dubai, every time we had our stop over there our bags were checked.

i dont know where you are traveling to, but don't lock anything. Your luggage can be searched... here the United States the TSA can inspect your luggage without you present and they just ahve to leave a card in it telling you it was inspected. If anything is locked they may cut the lock open.

I always pack my toys in a storage bag, if they are battery powered I put those in a seperate ziplock bag. they I put a clear bag over the storage bag. I pack lubes and clearer in a ziplock bag and check my luggage.

If I carry a toy on, it is normally pocket rocket, a lipstick vibes of a mini g spot, nothing major.

I work as cabin crew and take my bag of sex toys with me on long haul flights, where I will be away for a week or so. I always take my cabin bag through security and onto the flight as hand luggage, if my bag ever tends to get searched - just make the staff aware that you have personal items in there, they will discretely check it without gaining anyones attention.

Remember, this is an airport with thousands of people travelling daily - sex toys are nothing in comparison to what some of the staff see ;) Just use your initiative on what toys to pack, obviously ropes, cuffs and other naughty/kinky items could be mistaken and land you in a little trouble.

If you pack them in your hold luggage, just be sure not to lock anything - as they will break it open and will not refund any money for damaged goods. I

MissNaughty93 wrote:

I work as cabin crew and take my bag of sex toys with me on long haul flights, where I will be away for a week or so. I always take my cabin bag through security and onto the flight as hand luggage, if my bag ever tends to get searched - just make the staff aware that you have personal items in there, they will discretely check it without gaining anyones attention.

Remember, this is an airport with thousands of people travelling daily - sex toys are nothing in comparison to what some of the staff see ;) Just use your initiative on what toys to pack, obviously ropes, cuffs and other naughty/kinky items could be mistaken and land you in a little trouble.

If you pack them in your hold luggage, just be sure not to lock anything - as they will break it open and will not refund any money for damaged goods. I

Do they even bother searching people for objects that look like sex toys in their luggage for secondary screening - or is the X-Ray usually enough? (depending on how well defined the items are in the X-Ray).

I was traveling from the states and for some reason was carrying a rediculously large black dildo with me. I had placed it in a separate part of my bag in case I needed to do any last minute repacking. I checked the luggage and when I got home I found that my bag had been opened and one of those TSA notes saying they had a good rummage was in it. My big black dildo was still in the bag but had been moved! It is mortifying to think someone was fondling my toys!

Thumper the Rabbit wrote:

I was traveling from the states and for some reason was carrying a rediculously large black dildo with me. I had placed it in a separate part of my bag in case I needed to do any last minute repacking. I checked the luggage and when I got home I found that my bag had been opened and one of those TSA notes saying they had a good rummage was in it. My big black dildo was still in the bag but had been moved! It is mortifying to think someone was fondling my toys!

They just had to make sure that it wasn't a bomb :P.

Thumper I swear if I back more than 1 dildo like toy such as a rabbit and something else they will hand search my bag and I travel a lot... so i do the lovehoney stain bag and a ziplock over the satin bag and have taken to actually using a sharpie and writing on the ziplock bag "rabbit sex toy" to avoid them actually touching ANYTHING. I had one time the actual inspection card was inside the satin bag with my toy... yuck!

Thumper I swear if I back more than 1 dildo like toy such as a rabbit and something else they will hand search my bag and I travel a lot... so i do the lovehoney stain bag and a ziplock over the satin bag and have taken to actually using a sharpie and writing on the ziplock bag "rabbit sex toy" to avoid them actually touching ANYTHING. I had one time the actual inspection card was inside the satin bag with my toy... yuck!

Where was this?

It was flying from JFK airport if I am not mistaken. I wonder if the security were as surprised as I was or if it was some sort of a dare game that they were playing

mripguru wrote:

Where was this?

Philadelphia airport USA