Vibrators in hand luggage

So I am going on holiday tomorrow with the man and we reeeeeeally want to take some toys with us. However, because we don't like to spend half our salary on bags we have only booked cabin bags.

Has anybody ever had any interesting experiences with toys in hand luggage?

Do you have any tips for me? I'm terrified of a toy being pulled out for all to see in the airport!

Just take whatever you want, we do and never had a problem. Could make a bag search interesting though. ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I flew to East Midlands last week and took a mini wand and a 9 inch dual operated dildo in my hand luggage and I unfortunately got stopped at Edinburgh. I just made a joke with the guy who was searching my bag and said "Its his lucky day". He said not to worry it wasn't the first ones he's saw that morning!

Honestly, don't worry. They've seen EVERYTHING haha

I wrote this recently for Lifehacker which might help! 

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2018/04/travelling-with-sex-toys-avoid-those-awkward-airport-security-moments/

Before you do anything, check that it's legal to take toys where you're going...

we take about half a dozen toys with us, but, we drive and use channel tunnel....not been searched yet but really not bothered if we are

We had a week in Paris last month and took the toy bag with us in our hand luggage. It contains a strap on dildo, a couple of anal plugs, three vibrators and some lube.

On the way out it went through X ray no problem but coming home through security I could see the female security official rescanning my bag and looking puzzled at a selection of tubular shapes on the X ray.

Eventually I had to open the bag up and, of course, she pulled out the strap on first. I imagine it wasn't her first as she wasn't embarrassed and neither was I.

We repacked discreetly and went on our way.

If you're unlucky and pulled for a bag search, could you not ask for it to be done somewhere more private/discreet, and quietly mention there are adult items in the bag?

I would assume they see them pretty often, the number of people who travel on a daily basis, it's probably like being a doctor and having to look at intimate body parts, it just becomes a daily thing, and i'm sure none of them would remember you from adam the next day.