Sex with pregnant partner

Can anyone advise as me and my partner just found out we’re going to be parents which is the most exciting thing ever but we dont want give up sex yet so any advice from anyone on sex through pregnancy will much appreciated as this is all very new to both of us

1 Like

Carry on as normal you will find you need different positions once she gets bigger, say doggy with some pillows to support her stomach?

Sex during pregnancy isn’t just possible, its recommended! It keeps you bonded to your partner, and also is actually a way to naturally induce labor when the time is right. You might need some different positions around the 8-9 month mark, but otherwise just do it normally. Well, maybe a bit more gently if your current style is really rough. But most sex activities are perfectly safe during a normal pregnancy.

You might find that your female partner is more aroused during pregnancy. It was certainly the case with my female partners. Hormone changes do some interesting things. Orgasms release a lot of oxytocin (the bonding hormone), so orgasm is useful for mood regulation during pregnancy and after delivery. Orgasm also acts as natural pain control during labor. One of my partners is so responsive to it that she even finds labor…enjoyable. (Don’t expect that, obviously.) But it works to some extent with all 4 of my female partners, which has been very useful since our family’s kids all get delivered at home.

Congratulations :blush:
As above just carry on as normal , like the others have said as she gets bigger you will need too get in different positions .
Yes it can make you want sex but it can be the other way as well .
I was quite happy to carry on as normal (our sex life was pretty basic back then) with my first but the second i had no interest at all .
You will find what suits you , relax and enjoy .

1 Like

I’d agree with the other reply’s to be honest! Sometimes it’s worth being a little more careful during the first trimester especially if they are any issues. I’m sure the doctor or midwife will advise you on your circumstances!
For us sex during pregnancy was one of the best in our lives :joy: she was so horny all of the time and it even opened us up to a few new things……
As she got larger new positions and positions were discovered and are still used now and the kids have left home :joy::joy:
Congratulations and enjoy every minute

1 Like

Congrats, there are a number of forum threads on this subject. If you use the search function you might be able to pick up tips.

As others have said initially just keep doing what you are doing, as the pregnancy progresses and the baby bump gets larger then it might be that you move to a spooning position with rear entry or else your partner goes on top to relieve pressure on her stomach.

As others have said in the early stages the OH was super horny, later on she was more tired and therefore sex became less frequent.

Congratulations. Unfortunately cannot give you any advice re sex when pregnant . Good luck.

We had full gentle penetrative sex the morning of our first child’s birth (he was born later that night).

You will just need to modify your positions as your wifes size increases.

Congratulations! :partying_face:

Carry on as normal, and just find new positions once the bump gets bigger… Especially towards the end… They say it helps to bring on labour…

Its awesome. Have lots. Take tons of pictures. The transformation of her body is amazing.

Congratulations- as others say just continue as you done before - it’s a good all round and as she gets bigger it’s reassuring that the man still finds her attractive despite the bump

In the last trimester- you will need to try other ways - but I found in this period i was horney as hell and just would pounce on my man for sex :lovehoney_heart:

Congratulations

As above make sure you OH knows how beautiful her body is as it changes

Tell her that you will be guided by her, its going to be different from month to month I expect e.g morning (not just mornings) sickness isnt fun, if she doesn’t want sex thats fine etc

My ex wasn’t always great but during my pregnancy I definitely felt like I was in the driving seat x

1 Like

Congratulations on your impending parenthood!

Our experience was to carry on as normal with ample communication as my wife’s body and needs changed throughout her pregnancies. Thankfully she had quite easy pregnancies (relatively - no significant morning sickness/nausea to speak of, just a little more fatigued than normal in the 1st trimester) and we did stay with our normal activities.

For my part, I found her changing body extremely sexy throughout: I’ve always been a breast-man and she went from a DD to probably a G or more (actually have no idea how big she got once her milk came in and letdown started, but I was in heaven), the curve of her belly drove me crazy from the first little bump all the way to 41 weeks (kid #2 did not want to come out), she seemed to be permanently lubricated and I loved her taste throughout.

In many ways our sex life actually went through a period of growth during pregnancies as the emotional intimacy through that season just amplified everything. On top of that, her libido did hit some peaks during the various stages of increased hormonal action that I was pleased to take advantage of. When she was pregnant with our second, starting about the 2nd trimester, every Sunday afternoon we’d put our son down for a nap while we romped and DP with me in her ass and a dildo in her vagina became the weekly regular occurrence. We maintained our daily bedtime sex again, so much cowgirl as her bump grew. In the 3rd trimester she started to suffer some insomnia and would regularly wake me at night for another round. In the final two weeks that went up to twice a night on several occasions. As we passed our due date people wanted to share, with a wink and a nod, that the same thing put the baby in will get the baby out. After my mom said that to us, I had to say “if we’re going to have any more sex than we are already, I’ll need to take time off of work.”

Anyway - as with everything, your experience will vary and as long as you both keep communicating and get a little creative toward the end (bump gets in the way, it’s not recommended for mom to lay on back for any real period of time) and barring any medical complications, there’s no reason not stay connected sexually throughout this season, and in fact definitely cherish this time to keep building on your relationship foundation before baby arrives.

Congratulations!
Agree with the comments above to just carry on as normal. Don’t be too worried if in the first trimester she’s struggling and doesn’t seem keen. I found this with my OH however the second trimester more than made up for it. The hormones made her so horny after 12/13 weeks. Third trimester is when it gets a bit tricky just because she’ll be bigger. Found spooning on our side the easiesr position.
If you are similar to me you will be even more attracted to your OH. Something about them being pregnant, I found it so attractive