Shaving south of the border?!

We’ve been looking for an electric trimmer/shaver for our nether regions! Mainly because we want to avoid ingrown hairs and razor burn! Currently leaning heavily towards a lawn***** 4.0 (I don’t want to advertise what it is but I’m sure people can figure that one out! :wink:)
It aimed heavily towards manscaping but have seen a few, although not many, people use it on the female anatomy as well!
The OH loves the silky smooth feel of a wet razor so was wondering if anyone has used an electric trimmer/ shaver for their lady bits and if the effect is any where near as good? If so can anyone recommend a decent one that actually works and costs less than a few sessions at the local laser tag event!? :joy:

2 Likes

Tried Laser, waxing, electric trimmers, end electric razors. Haven’t found anything to beat a wet shave with a 5 blade razor. My latest one is a Gillette with micro-pulses and that is the best yet for both of us. I use a razor bump lotion after each shave to avoid ingrowing hairs and bumps.

6 Likes

Agreed on if you must shave a five blade is the only choice . I have done sugar waxing ( at home ) and magic shave powder ( preferred) and am currently doing at home laser that required a fresh shave before use of laser . I am hoping the laser reduces my all under hair over the next month or so . Time will tell . Nothing makes me feel hornier than being baby butt smooth all over my playground and makes tanning more enjoyable .

1 Like

Definitely a quality 5 blade, no disposable razors! I recommend a non-foaming gel such as King of Shaves as you can see what your doing and the smooth lubrication stops you getting nicks and razor burn.
I have never got a nick or razor burn using my method, or ingrowing hairs.

Got Hubby the Phillips 7000 series.
It’s a 12-in-1 multi groomer for face, hair and body.
Better reviews than the L@wn M@wer brand too.
Does the scrotum area really well with no cuts on the skin either.
This might be good for you to use also.

3 Likes

Using an electric trimmer won’t ever compete with a razor. I use the one you mentioned for other areas and it gets close, but it’s still long enough to leave you feeling rough.

1 Like

I know it will never be as smooth as a razor but want something we can both use that’ll be as near as dammit and won’t leave razor burn whilst trying to avoid in grown hairs at the same time :man_facepalming:t3: not the easiest thing to find :weary:

I’ve got a really good hair trimmer off amazon and it is waterproof too!
I’d always recommend using one of these with the different head attachments for hair length as I never get any rashes or ingrown hairs from it nor irritation :relieved:

1 Like

I shave my man with a 5 blade and a good foam lather. It’s the closest shave you can get. We shave each other twice a week in the summer months and we never suffer cuts or razor burn. A good moisturiser is a must to feel comfortable.

2 Likes

recommend salicylic acid gel to help prevent in grown hairs

1 Like

The last time i got waxed, i got really bad in grown hairs, its the first time but was a new place i used.

Never really had in grown hairs before from waxing.
I tried shaving, kept catching myself and javing cuts, always on my testicles. Was actualy a worse pain than a 45min wax lol

I had a few of these and they are garbage. Not worth the cost as the battery eventually won’t take a charge, the blade cracked on one and they do knick your skin and it hurts like hell. The last one I got would randomly turn on in the night and then you couldn’t turn it off…terrifying!
I do use a WAHL professional barber trimmer on my head and neck and then take the guard off for close skin trim on legs and ass cheeks.

I always finish the boys and the shaft with a Gillette 5-blade scrape with loads of shaving gel, not cream. Slick finish and always a hit with Mrs. Val… she likes it baby smooth

I’ve tried but I much prefer a wet 5 blade - it has to be a mens razor too, I find the women’s ones too flimsy & bulky.

1 Like

For long growth got a branded trimmer set.

Use that for grooming certain areas. For anywhere smooth i use a decent razor.

No issues with razor burn or a rash for 20yrs.

we both got lasered… best decision ever

I was at the pharmacy here in Canada last night and see that Gillette has just put out an “Intimate” lineup of products including an extremely expensive 5-blade pubic hair razor.

It’s $26 CDN and 3 additional blades are another $26. It looks exactly the same as the one for your face except with a longer handle (maybe). Doubt it’s worth selling out almost $70 tax in for the same razor I use today.