Shelf life of a sex toy

Apologies if this has already been raised - I did a search but couldn't find anything.

As we all have our favourite toys and those thatget pushed to the back of the box, I was wondering how long do you keep yours for?

I still have my first toy but it rarely gets a look in the rotation (ther is nothing wrong with it, but I just have better ones now)

I wonder if there is any advantage of keeping them or does it just make the inevitable explaining harder to do?

I know girls can recycle their rabits for LH points but there doesnt seem to be a similar scheme for men.

I'm sure I read that you can recycle any toys on the rabbit amnesty. You get less oh points for non rabbits though.

I'm pretty certain you can return anything that vibrates to the rabbit amnesty program? I think it's 500 points for rabbits but you get 100 points for anything else.

Anyway I've got rid of a ton of my older toys over the past few months and my collections's much much smaller now. I don't regret it, my old stuff just didn't do anything for me anymore and now i've got more room for better things. I'm quite picky these days!

Little Strummer Boy wrote:

As we all have our favourite toys and those thatget pushed to the back of the box, I was wondering how long do you keep yours for?

I only keep those which are in constant use, or nearly so. Once I haven't used something for a month or so, it eventually gets trashed, even if i was once fond of it. My oldest extant toy is the Funkist Lemon, which I bought in mid-May last year, a month after I started using such toys. Most others are way newer. I will keep using it for as long as it delivers, and so far it has.

I have one toy that falls into the never gets used category. The original Fleshlight. I will definitely keep the casing in case I get a new sleeve. Most of my current toys I'm keeping until I wear them into unusability. I have 2 toys I desperately want to get most others I just think that there will be something newer and better once I've worn my current ones out.

To answer the question, unless hiding them is more trouble than it's worth, I'd keep them until you know you'll never use them again.

the recycling thing isn't just for rabbits LSB you can recycle any toys even toasters apparently http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/rabbit-amnesty/

i've still got every toy i've ever bought even one that was as good as broke when i got it and one i've not taken out the packaging yet
my first toy doesn't get a look in anymore since i've got better ones i've got a couple of others i don't use since they are useless and do nothing for me but i don't chuck them out because i can't bring myself to get rid of them if they aren't well and truly broken or unusable

I've inly got rid of a couple of toys - I'll keep them until it's not practical/safe/hygienic to use them.

I'm really picky with what I keep hold of these days. I've sent nearly all my battery powered toys off for recycling (the exceptions being my Oh! Rabbit Realistic and Sqweel 2 as they really do it for me).

Toy bag was overflowing with bits and pieces I don't use anymore so yesterday I sent 4 toys off to the RA including a Nexus Femme Bisous which is worth £120 but didn't do a thing for me (was sent it as a free tester otherwise I would have returned it for a refund). It seemed such a waste of a quality toy but I'd used it so obviously couldn't give it to someone else!

Now I'm mostly down to glass toys which should keep forever and quality rechargeables which I will recycle when they eventually die :)

I just realized how much I spent on toys since I joined here (ok, some got back on returns as they did not do it for me). So I am not going to get rid of any toy until they break. Which in case of Lelo toys may take even few years as the Mia is still going strong after few years Although my Squeel 2 just broke so I may replace it for the Go version soon.

I did throw away really basic and cheap bullets recently, just because I did not use them and they were taking needed space. I did keep the sleeves if they had any to use with Mia or Tango. Tango actually seems to work better for me with textured sleeve over it, reducing the vibration strenght.

well I never knew you could recycle toys

just thrown out a rabbit and 3 vibes I no longer used. Its a great idea to recycle them and even better getting OH! points.

Thanks ladies and gents.

Paert of me thinks that I should maybe just have a few favourites but part of me thinks I should just keep them until they break, wear out etc.

The thought of going to the post office and having to explain what it is also puts me off a bit.

The RA webpage is very good though.

I got my first toy, a Rocks Off bullet, almost three years ago and I've still got it! It's a bit worn, the black 'paint' has chipped and such but it's still perfect and does the job when I need it (:

I moved to the uk from Ireland, I could not bring all my toys with me so i had to get rid of the older ones or the cheaper ones. Looking now to trying to build my collection back up. Harder to do now as a student though, never know maybe ill be lucky and get to test something

I moved to the uk from Ireland, I could not bring all my toys with me so i had to get rid of the older ones or the cheaper ones. Looking now to trying to build my collection back up. Harder to do now as a student though, never know maybe ill be lucky and get to test something

Double post :(

I was just curious.. some of them i imagine show signs of age and wear and tear but this was more if there is nothing wrong with them do you still keep them

sad day indeed. finally time to dispose of my first to . thanks for the memories i only regret not using you more.