Should I be worried!!!

So me and my partner had sex for the 1st time today in over a month as I had an operation and havent been feeling upto it.

He is pretty well endowed and I am pretty small if you get me. I was really turned on and was pretty wet. It hurt slightly as he entered me but it had been a while so I expected it. We changed position and he noticed some blood. I told him not to worry as I have bled a little when it has been a while since I have last had sex. I wasn't in any discomfort and we had a great time.

He has just left as he has uni work to do. I went to the loo and OMFG it hurt so much to pee. I got a mirror and had a look and I have torn. Like there is a 2cm gash on my perineum!!!!!!! Should I be worried. Will it heal on its own or should I go see a doctor!

Please help.

hope you're better soon :)

if youve had the operation in that area, then yep, go and get it sorted. if not then it depends what its like, im imagining it isnt that bad to need stitches or you would have been in agony when it happened?

edit: okay ive changed my mind, just read up on it and its better to go get it fixed so it doesnt happen again

Maybe a trip to the doctors to make sure. In the meantime I got some advise from a midwife after I grazed during childbirth. Get a thick wad of tissue, or a folded up flannel or something and hold that over the wound when you go to pee. Hopefully you will finish before it gets a chance to soak through and cause that insane pain. (I found it helped more if I wet the flannel with cool water before too because cotton and tissue can stick to the sore area and be painful to remove, not nearly as painful as the pee though.)

Wounds take a bit longer to heal down there, being warm and moist skin, also any scar tissue that forms can interfere with sex afterwards, as it tears easier than the normal elastic skin so yeh, go to the docs just to make sure its ok/not at risk for infection/not deep enough to need stitches. Then after that just keep bathing. Someone suggested salt water baths to me...fuck....that!! lol

My operation was not in that area. I should of made that clearer. I mean it hurt but not that much. It looks kind of deep though, and it is pretty sore now and it has not stopped bleeding. Everytime i move it bleeds a little.

Fluffbags wrote:

Maybe a trip to the doctors to make sure. In the meantime I got some advise from a midwife after I grazed during childbirth. Get a wad of tissue, or a flannel or something and hold that over the wound when you go to pee. Hopefully you will finish before it gets a chance to soak through and cause that insane pain. (I found it helped more if I wet the flannel with cool water before too.)

Wounds take a bit longer to heal down there, being warm and moist skin, also any scar tissue that forms can interfere with sex afterwards, as it tears easier than the normal elastic skin so yeh, go to the docs just to make sure its ok/not at risk for infection/not deep enough to need stitches. Then after that just keep bathing. Someone suggested salt water baths to me...fuck....that!! lol

my mum thought salt baths were a miracle cure! hahaha. ive just found this...Hi everyone,

I had this problem for months and today was diagnosed with eczema. My skin was so fragile it would split open all the time, and then sting. I would also get slight blood spots. I hope this might help some of you, the only thing to keep eczema at bay is a course of steroid cream.

just wondering if this may ring any bells with you

fistinglover69 wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

Maybe a trip to the doctors to make sure. In the meantime I got some advise from a midwife after I grazed during childbirth. Get a wad of tissue, or a flannel or something and hold that over the wound when you go to pee. Hopefully you will finish before it gets a chance to soak through and cause that insane pain. (I found it helped more if I wet the flannel with cool water before too.)

my mum thought salt baths were a miracle cure! hahaha. ive just found this...Hi everyone,

I had this problem for months and today was diagnosed with eczema. My skin was so fragile it would split open all the time, and then sting. I would also get slight blood spots. I hope this might help some of you, the only thing to keep eczema at bay is a course of steroid cream.

just wondering if this may ring any bells with you

Well I am unsure about the effects of salt baths for other conditions but I know it is supposed to help clean or disinfect wounds so when I grazed badly in my lady bits after giving birth I remember someone saying to have salt baths to keep the area clean. The idea of that salty water sloshing around my raw vagina made me want to cry. Plain water was bad enough lol. I dont think I even attempted it but I do see the logic!

Poppicat wrote:

My operation was not in that area. I should of made that clearer. I mean it hurt but not that much. It looks kind of deep though, and it is pretty sore now and it has not stopped bleeding. Everytime i move it bleeds a little.

yeah, id say go to a&e (with a pad on) and ask them to take a look. they can then kinda say why its happened and if theres any underlying problem. may also prescribe you some cream to prevent infection while healing and advise you on preventing it happening again

and yeah i meant she had salt baths after giving birth hahaha

fistinglover69 wrote:

Poppicat wrote:

yeah, id say go to a&e (with a pad on) and ask them to take a look. they can then kinda say why its happened and if theres any underlying problem. may also prescribe you some cream to prevent infection while healing and advise you on preventing it happening again

and yeah i meant she had salt baths after giving birth hahah

There is a minor injury clinic at one of my local hospitals. The only problem is i live with my mum and she is due home soon and will wonder where I am going. I have to wait until after we have eaten to go. Will have to think of an excuse to tell her.

Poppicat wrote:

fistinglover69 wrote:

Poppicat wrote:

and yeah i meant she had salt baths after giving birth hahah

There is a minor injury clinic at one of my local hospitals. The only problem is i live with my mum and she is due home soon and will wonder where I am going. I have to wait until after we have eaten to go. Will have to think of an excuse to tell her.

oh ermmm, could you say youre going to your boyfriends to help him with work? or for a quick drink with a mate?

I think everyone's covered it but A&E sounds like the best advice and putting a pad on. If it's gets infected it will be even worse.

I hope you get it sorted and while you're there get some advice about your situations with your boyfriend as it sounds like it's a real pain to carry on hurting when you have sex when you've had a bit of a break.

Good luck.

That sounds awfully painful! I hope everything works out ok x

So I went to the minor injuries clinic and they sent me to another hospital way across town to their gyny unit. I needed 2 stitches! I have been given anti biotics too. They asked me if I wanted painkillers and I said no as im not really in any pain. Which they were very surprised at as it looks really painful. I also have a 2 week sex ban! Which means no birthday sex for me :(.

oh my god!

Yeah that was my reaction too! I did not think it was that bad. I thought they might give me some anti biotics just incase it got infected and tell me how to keep it clean. They said they can't believe I was able to walk in there and sit down without being in lots of pain! My OH is feeling very guilty but its not his fault. We had loads of fore play and I was really tuened on so I don't know wht it happened.

Oh mercy! You poor thing, that sounds really horrid. Glad you went to get it sorted though, a wound in that area could get so easily infected that you could have ended up with real tissue damage.

Hope you feel better soon! And that the two weeks flies by xx

Oh my! I am glad you got it sorted. You brave woman, not even in much pain. Im wincing thinking about it. oooooh! Hope it heals nice and fast and doesnt cause any more problems xx

i wonder how that happened . i would have thought only lots of force would have done that surprise im being careful from now on hahaha

Haha I know. Im kinda worried about having sex the next time! We were not even that rough! He is very large and I am petite down there so we may have to just go really slow. I will just have to give him lots of BJs to keep him intrested. We have only been dating a couple of months. And not having sex for a month after having my op, it hasn't been the best start to our relationship.

Poppicat wrote:

Haha I know. Im kinda worried about having sex the next time! We were not even that rough! He is very large and I am petite down there so we may have to just go really slow. I will just have to give him lots of BJs to keep him intrested. We have only been dating a couple of months. And not having sex for a month after having my op, it hasn't been the best start to our relationship.

the best thing to do is dont worry so much about the next time you have sex, or if he will lose interest, as will make you feel worse and sex will be more difficult. i think he'll understand, hey, he might even have had an ego boost