Sleep

Would someone do me a huge favour? Please come over with a huge sledgehammer and hit me over the head with it!! I can't seem to get past about 4am and then I'm wide awake. It's kind of frustrating.

On the plus side, I'm going through the hundreds of books I've got to read at a rate of knots lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

Try visualising yourself counting, count 1 and picture a 1 in your head, then 2 and 3 and so on. It can help distract your mind and get you back to sleep.

Thanks Senator never heard that technique will give it a go tonight as I think I've given up trying to sleep this morning ๐Ÿค”

I hate nights like that ๐Ÿ™

Since I started to listen to white noise before bed Iโ€™ve fallen asleep much easier. I keep it on all night now so it doesnโ€™t take me too long to go back to bed if I happen to wake up.

@NatandTom white noise?? Is there a CD or something like that that you could recommend?? Never heard of it tbh.

I take medication before bed which is supposed to be but I think my head is so full at the moment that it just doesn't switch off!!!

Senator wrote:

Try visualising yourself counting, count 1 and picture a 1 in your head, then 2 and 3 and so on. It can help distract your mind and get you back to sleep.

I recomend this too. This was also highly recomended by my doctor also 90% of the time it works for me. Good luck x

I used to get mine from Youtube. There are tons of different ones that are eight to ten hours long and will just play through the night. I personally like the sound of rain so those are the white noises I listen to but there's tons of others.

You can also get white noise apps with different selections :)

I use a website that has lots of different noise generators - white noise, grey noise, babble sounds, the sea, that sort of thing. I don't know if I can link it here but you can certainly find it by googling, it's very popular!

I used to have major issues sleeping and on occasions it does come back but I bought myself a small speake and also listen to a lot of white noise. I have a few standard ones like the sea and rain but also some odd ones like the London Underground which can be comforting as I guess it makes you feel less alone. I would also look at your diet and see if your getting too much caffeine or something similar which could be causing this.

I sleep like a log now but during pregnancy I use to listen to hypnotherapy audios and usually the sound of a soothing voice was enough to send me off to sleep!
White noise worked wonders with one of my babies ๐Ÿ˜€

NatandTom wrote:

Since I started to listen to white noise before bed Iโ€™ve fallen asleep much easier. I keep it on all night now so it doesnโ€™t take me too long to go back to bed if I happen to wake up.

White noise really helps me too.

And Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response audio snippets if you can find them (brushing is a favourite of mine). There's loads of ASMR videos on youtube. It doesn't work for everyone.

White noise or relaxation techniques helps... My nephew needs white noise to nap, phone apps do these.