smelly toys!

Thanks guys. Super fast LH CS already replied and said that it shouldn't smell rubbery and they will replace or refund it.
Think I'm gonna give it a go anyway and see what happens. Hate having to return things.

I have the LH happy rabbit and it does have a smell to it. Not really strong one, but it does. I would not call it rubbery smell. Also the Swan rabbit I own had very mild smell to it, different from the LH rabbit, although I had to raise it closer to my face to actually notice it.

In contrast I never detected any real smell to Lelo toys or my Zinni vibrator. But some silicone toys can have some smell to them, but dont think it should smell rubbery.

I've had at least a couple of toys which at first were just a bit too smelly, which put me off using them. I know I can't smell them when they're inside me, but still - it does deter you. I found that sometimes if you just leave them in the open air for a good while the smell does fade, but not always completely.

I've recently bought my first glass toy, and not only does it feel amazing, but the advantage of glass is that it has no smell at all.

Yeah I've left it out for the past week and the smell has faded some but it's still there unlike my Lelo toy which has no smell. Well I haven't had any skin reaction which was my main concern, so I'm good. I guess the quality of silicone differs or might be a blend as I've read on dangerouslillys blog.

I will definitely be investing in some glass toys aswell.

LovelyLemons wrote:

Yeah I've left it out for the past week and the smell has faded some but it's still there unlike my Lelo toy which has no smell. Well I haven't had any skin reaction which was my main concern, so I'm good. I guess the quality of silicone differs or might be a blend as I've read on dangerouslillys blog.

I will definitely be investing in some glass toys aswell.

Enjoy! The glass toy in question is this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17139#

Not to everyone's tastes, of course, but definitely not smelly whatsoever!

Ooooh that looks pleasurable

Ive had exactly the same problem with the Lovehoney Basics anal probe (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2041).

It absolutely stank, the smell was so strong it made me feel sick. I washed/sprayed it a load of times, re-wrapped it in its packaging and then avoided using it for 3 weeks but you could still smell it from my sex toy box.

I has faded a little now but it still has a rubbery odour to it.

I know not everyone can afford to do it, but I highly recommend going for a pure silicone toy. These will not smell and will not degrade and so although slightly more expensive, they will last a lifetime. Pure silicone is also NOT porous and so using a silicone toy helps reduce the chance of infections. If a chemical smell is detectable (Especially an overpowering one that hits you when you walk in the room) then like fistinglover mentioned, the toy is off gassing chemicals into the air...it can also off gas chemicals into you and cause irritations. You must store these toys seperately from other toys, because like the lovehoney guide mentioned...they can melt! The chemicals react with other chemicals and the toy degrades.

My top tip if you wish to use this toy is to use it with condoms if you are worried about anything, but my overall advice is to eventually upgrade to a pure silicone sex toy for much more advantages (No smell, non-porous, lasts a lifetime)

Companies that use pure silicone include Tantus, Lelo, Vixen Creations, BS is Nice and I am sure many more that I can't think of the top of my head.

What about LH silicone toys?

Hi I use my dishwasher to clean my dildo not all times but minimum 1 a month its work:)) and nex tips do not close in the box:))